No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    bondsum wrote: »
    Why doesn’t it make sense @Gareth007?
    The flashback is clearly long before he died and separated from Madeline’s mother. She mentioned that she killed an intruder in her father’s house when she was a young girl. This is no doubt that very moment.

But the guy in the mask
    looks like mr white, if thats him he wouldnt be chasing to kill the girl who is madaline, thats his daughter ?

There's no way thats him if the girl is
    madaline
    He doesnt look like...
    ...Mr. White. White doesn’t have scars on his face, and also no-one here has posted anything to confirm Jesper’s return.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 416
    The flashback is clearly long before he died and separated from Madeline’s mother. She mentioned that she killed an intruder in her father’s house when she was a young girl. This is no doubt that very moment.

But the guy in the mask
    looks like mr white, if thats him he wouldnt be chasing to kill the girl who is madaline, thats his daughter ?
    Denbigh wrote: »

But the guy in the mask

madaline
    He doesnt look like...
    ...Mr. White. White doesn’t have scars on his face, and also no-one here has posted anything to confirm Jesper’s return.

They did, ill find it. somebody on this forum a few pages back or so said Jesper returns. first thing i saw when i logged on this morning. il ltry find it but honestly someone said that. so get facts right, but doesnt mean its correct anyway
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 3,333
    Nobody knows who the assailant is right now.
    That doesn’t mean that Mr White didn’t feature in another scene inside the house. The villain wearing the mask is clearly another injured assailant that chases after her, but decides not to kill her but save her. Who this mysterious figure is we have no way of knowing right now. And I guess the purpose of wearing the mask is not to give this detail away to her or the audience.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    M

But the guy in the mask

But the guy in the mask

madaline
    He doesnt look like...

They did, ill find it. somebody on this forum a few pages back or so said Jesper returns. first thing i saw when i logged on this morning
    Unless it was backed up by something, they were probably just assuming.
    The Daily Mail have more set photos which could possibly confirm who the man in the mask is...
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6864111/James-Bond-25-gets-underway-mysterious-masked-gunman-chases-young-girl-ice.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490
    11611984-6864111-image-m-40_1553858257736.jpg

This looks a lot like a clean-shaven Sebastian Mourasin. The same stuntman who seemingly hinted he was playing Rami Malek. Still their builds are very different.
  • EmilioEmilio Palmyra, Nassau
    edited March 2019 Posts: 175
    Me
    I can't watch the video. Could someone please put it on Yotube or Instagram? Thanks!

Here's a part of the video someone posted on Instagram:
    The Daily Mail have more set photos which could possibly confirm who the man in the mask is...
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6864111/James-Bond-25-gets-underway-mysterious-masked-gunman-chases-young-girl-ice.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

This looks a lot like a clean-shaven Sebastian Mourasin. The same stuntman who seemingly hinted he was playing Rami Malek. Still their builds are very different.

Certainly looks like him.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Makes sense. Fukunaga always dealt with childhood trauma, so I predict
    This Norway scene will indeed feature as a prologue, showing young Madeleine killing some men that came to kill her father. After this memory/dream sequence from her past Madeleine will wake up in Matera with 007 in present day, that will serve as the actual classic PTS.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 3,333
    Yeah, it’s old news @Gareth007. It was a Twitter joke that’s gotten out of hand and been turned into clickbait news. We discussed it several pages back.

https://etcanada.com/news/433325/sam-heughan-jokes-that-hes-been-cast-as-007-dude-youre-not-going-to-believe-this/
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

If this truly is a...
    flashback or a scene set in the past and it’s Madeleine as a child, this can’t be Malek’s character. It would make no sense. My only idea would be my earlier suggestion that he is playing a relative of Malek’s character, possibly his father?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

If this truly is a...
    flashback or a scene set in the past and it’s Madeleine as a child, this can’t be Malek’s character. It would make no sense. My only idea would be my earlier suggestion that he is playing a relative of Malek’s character, possibly his father?

That’s possible.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,272

If this truly is a...
    Or he might just be a henchman? Could be as simple as that.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I noticed the article mentions northern Norway. It is nowhere near.
    I noticed the article mentions northern Norway. It is nowhere near.

First thing I noticed. they should read up on their geography.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

If this truly is a...
    Yes, either way...
    ...it’s not Rami Malek’s character.

It's not.
    Judging from the photos he is one of the tallest people on set. Sebastien Soudais is 5'8" (1,73 m) - same height as Malek.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,958
    If it's a flashback, it doesn't make sense that the assailant is Malek. But I suppose it could be a nightmare, allowing present-day Malek in a scene with past Madeleine.

I still find myself wondering if there is more...villainy to the Madeleine character than previously revealed.

And of course if Christensen returns in a flashback or nightmare or whatever, he is most welcome! He is in my view the best supporting actor in the Craig era.
    My thought though is that if its a dream rather than a flashback it could be surreal, or not literal and that this could be a figurative Blofeld. Blofeld says "I came to your house when you were a little girl" in spectre. Maybe this is where she gets the Beretta that she talks about on the train.

If this truly is a...
    Yes, either way...

That's indeed unlikely.
    Zekidk wrote: »

It's not.
    Judging from the photos he is one of the tallest people on set. Sebastien Soudais is 5'8" (1,73 m) - same height as Malek.
    Don't think I agree with the height thing:
    11611934-6864111-image-a-36_1553858044396.jpg

Either way, we'll know who this is, and more about the sequence eventually.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    It's clearly Bear Grylls. :D

11611936-6864111-image-a-26_1553856188271.jpg
    Damn I'm getting excited again for this one. Great clip!

If this truly is a...
    Yes, either way...

That's indeed unlikely.

It's not.

Hmm:
    11611962-6864111-image-a-35_1553857421349.jpg
    My money is on ….
    The film opens with this sequence, Young Swann escaping a home invasion by her father's enemies and the chase across the ice, leading to whatever… and then we cut to the present, 20 years later, and find the adult Maddy Swann now living with Bond, but still in danger from her departed father's enemies (Spectre?) - so the pre-title sequence re-establishes Maddy Swann's character for the audience and then jumps us to the present and the past catching up with her and also with Bond.

If this truly is a...
    Yes, either way...

That's indeed unlikely.

It's not.

Hmm:
    11611962-6864111-image-a-35_1553857421349.jpg
    It's perfectly likely that there's several people on that set around his height, or even shorter (and taller of course). It certainly looks like Sebastien Soudais, like @Pierce2Daniel suggest. He's also posted Insta stories from Norway on his Instagram,
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    My money is on ….
    The film opens with this sequence, Young Swann escaping a home invasion by her father's enemies and the chase across the ice, leading to whatever… and then we cut to the present, 20 years later, and find the adult Maddy Swann now living with Bond, but still in danger from her departed father's enemies (Spectre?) - so the pre-title sequence re-establishes Maddy Swann's character for the audience and then jumps us to the present and the past catching up with her and also with Bond.
    That would make sense. A lot of people won't remember her or her past from the previous film, so that could be a go-to solution to reintroduce the character.
    @Torgeirtrap I know he is there, but I just don't think he looks the same at all.
    @Torgeirtrap I know he is there, but I just don't think he looks the same at all.

Then we just have to disagree on that. No biggie.
    My money is on ….

Plausible.
    ...and then they catch up with her present time, and kill her before or after the usual action setpiece in Italy, where newsreports also mentioned something about a wedding.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Sounds like the small pts script I did a while back. Did you happen to read it, @ColonelSun? I can't find it now, not on 2335 pages :)
    My money is on ….

Plausible.
    ...and then they catch up with her present time, and kill her before or after the usual action setpiece in Italy, where newsreports also mentioned something about a wedding.

My feeling is….
    If Maddy Swann is dramatically reintroduced as a child under threat, then I don't believe they will simply kill her off in the next scenes set in the present. As a writer myself, I would not re-establish a character so strongly and then just dump the character (that would make the re-introdution scene essentially plot based and not about setting up the character for deeper exploration), plus Lea is a very good and interesting actress and I think they realize her role was underwritten in SP, but they know, as an actor, she has tons more to offer. My gut feeling is Bond is going to go hell for leather to protect the woman he loves from her (and her father's) past catching up with her.