the I WANT TO BE LIKE JAMES BOND thread - open the frigde, this baby's going on ice

Comments

Ah, I'd forgotten about Paula. Yes, definitely her. She'd be at the top of my 'to save' list.
    Plenty O'toole. She filled out the b...eh...bill perfectly.
    Volante wrote:
    I would save, among many others, Solange from CR.

What he said!
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Plenty O'Toole... I'm like em big..hehe.. She didn't have to die!!! She survived the fall from the hotel room, but was found dead later on...!!! Oh c'mon!!!!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Paula from Thunderball.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Vesper. I'd dive through the water to that cage and tear that door off at any cost for that lovely lass.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Solange. I still drool when seeing her in CR.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Another unfortunate off-screen death.

I wonder, as a question aside, do you folks prefer the deaths to occur off or on screen? (Or maybe just "doesn't matter as long as it best fits the script.)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DarthDimi wrote:

I wonder, as a question aside, do you folks prefer the deaths to occur off or on screen? (Or maybe just "doesn't matter as long as it best fits the script.)

The Solange death worked for CR. We were shocked to see her tied up and then getting Bond's cold reaction really set the scene.
  • DB5DB5
    Jill Masterson. She was hot! With her sister Tilly a close runner up.
    DarthDimi wrote:

I prefer off screen, because it's more suprising. Like in GF when the girl is covered in gold paint, or CR when Solange is tied up dead.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 54
    What! none of you would have saved Tracy ?!!!

I find her death the saddest of them all. Everytime I watch OHMSS, I kinda wish they had a bullet proof windscreen.
    Tracy, Vesper and Andrea Anders
    edited April 2012 Posts: 23,545
    <font color=green size=7><b>14) GADGET LADEN CARS</b></font>

Batmobile.jpg

<font color=red size=4> <b>If you could drive a gadget laden car from the Bond films, which one would it be and why?</b></font>

Over to you!
    Goldfinger/Thunderball Aston Martin DB5, of course. Why? Because it's the best.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

Much better looking, and more devastatinly armed than the DB5.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2012 Posts: 4,442
    01. Sanchez home LTK , the Whyte House from DAF
    02. The automatic Pool table from Twine
    03. Tea from FRWL (Don't drink Alcohol)
    04. Jump out the BMW and Remote from TMND. Or the Astin Martin in GE chase with Xenia.
    05. Tank Chase. If another option then the Max Zorin horse scene.
    06. Killing Scaramanga, Dryden or confrontate colonel moon. Or the gun from the bank scene of Twine in connection with the Tux of number 9.
    07. Frost.
    8. The Orient Express
    9. Pierce Brosnan his tuxedo from Twine (See number 6) or like Sean as in the TB Q scene or the jumper from the Colonel moon scene. Dark Blue or black then black it should be. If from a villian, the tux from Kamal Khan.
    10. Satelite from GE. Kamal Khan lair, OHMSS and the places of number 1.
    11. Never i going to be in a submarine. If i must choose one then TSWLM.
    12. Tuck Tuck from Octopussy or Astin Martin DB5.
    13. Rosie, Fields. It be nice if Fields realy take the plane and returns in Bond 24.
    14. BMW from TMND/Zoa his car.

Idea for number 15: If you could save a villian from death who this be. My choose be Eliot Carver. Why: To let him return in DAD.
    AM Vanquish..
  • Lotus Esprit from TSWLM
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Volante wrote:
    Goldfinger/Thunderball Aston Martin DB5, of course. Why? Because it's the best.

This is the correct answer.
    The Vanquish.

Just for the sake of fun. I mean, driving an invisible car, man! I'm all for that. ;-)
    Lotus in TSWLM or Vanquish in DAD.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    V8 Vantage

and in 2nd place, the TSWLM Lotus
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    I guess my votes here pretty much answer this present poser... ;)

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2310/the-2012-007-olympics-event-12-70s-bond-villians/p12#Item_361

As for the last-but-one question in this thread, the genuine nicest (combining both physical attributes and personality) girls it'd be fairest to have seen saved are Tilly (GF), Aki (YOLT), Andrea (TMWTGG), Corinne Dufour (MR), Jenny Flex (AVTAK), oh, and obviously Tracy (OHMSS) and Vesper (CR).

Good thread this, Dimster... :)
    After some careful consideration I went with the Invisible Car, it speaks for itself, all those fancy additions it had too, it would be something to behold. As a second choice then the Aston from Goldfinger or possibly the V8 Vantage from Daylights
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    I'll be different and not choose everyone's favorite DB5... I'll go for the Aston Martin Vanquish... Great gadgets on a great looking modern Aston Martin... Invisibility, spiked tyres, machine guns, bullet proof armor, what more could you ask for! All it can't do is talk to you..haha.. Another one I'd go for is the BMW 750iL from TND...
    Two options:
    Aston Martin db5 GF/TB or Aston Martin V8 vantage TLD
    Will keep this open a little while longer. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Will keep this open a little while longer. ;-)

You need to change the title mate :)
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 154
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    Aston Martin Vanquish
    Aston Martin DB5

or the BMW of Tomorrow Never Dies