DRIVEN: 007 x SPYSCAPE

Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
edited January 2019 in News Posts: 2,494
As per the press release:

SPYSCAPE, the experiential spy museum, EON Productions and Metro Goldwyn Mayer Studios (MGM), today announced a new partnership. The three companies will collaborate to launch a new 007 exhibition coming to New York City in early 2019. This will be the first James Bond exhibition ever held in New York City.

The exhibition will be held at SPYSCAPE’s 60,000 square foot HQ in midtown. SPYSCAPE is open every day for would be secret agents to discover their Spy Role and receive their own personalised Spy Profile developed by top psychologists and a former Head of Training for British Intelligence.

Registration is now open at spyscape.com/007 to gain early access.

DRIVEN%2B007%2BSPYSCAPE%2BJames%2BBond%2BNederland%2BBlog%2BNew%2BYork%2BDaniel%2BCraig%2B25.jpg

Comments

edited December 2018 Posts: 1,575
    Sounds great.
    I wish i could go see it but i won't be going to New York anytime soon.
    I went to see the Designing 007 : Fifty Years of Bond Style exhibition in Melbourne which was fantastic, a few years ago.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Perks of living in such a megapolis...
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    001 wrote: »
    Sounds great.
    I went to see the Designing 007 : Fifty Years of Bond Style exhibition in Melbourne which was fantastic, a few years ago.

I'm absolutely kicking myself for not flying down to Melbourne for weekend and seeing it.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Sounds great.

I'm absolutely kicking myself for not flying down to Melbourne for weekend and seeing it.

I live in Melbourne so it was no problem for me.
    It was amazing, it's a shame you didn't see it.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I'll be in NYC this summer, I hope it will still be going. If we decide on an MI6 meet up beforehand I'll fly out!

What's New York like as a holiday destination ?
    What i've seen of it on tv and movies it looks boring. Full of skyscrapers, taxi's and nothing else.
    People who've been there tell me they liked it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'll be in NYC this summer, I hope it will still be going. If we decide on an MI6 meet up beforehand I'll fly out!

What i've seen of it on tv and movies it looks boring. Full of skyscrapers, taxi's and nothing else.
    Pretty magical, been there many times during the holidays.
    jake24 wrote: »

What makes it so good ?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »

What makes it so good ?
    Just one of those cities. It's an awesome place, IMO. Hope I'm able to catch Spyscape next time I'm there.

I just go because I'm from near there and have friends. Midtown Manhattan does do it up for the Holidays.

Winter there is awfully cold apparently and i hate the cold weather.
    La la land would be better for me. :)

Melbourne, where i live, has terrible long winters.6-7 months
    And one day it's 32 the next day it's 15 in summer.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    This will be the first James Bond exhibition ever held in New York City.

Anybody remember this in 1987? https://www.moma.org/calendar/exhibitions/2171?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Just bought my tickets! Very excited to check this out
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Driven is officially open, here's what to expect:

The first official James Bond exhibition in New York will open on March 8th, 2019 at SPYSCAPE in Midtown Manhattan. ' 007 x SPYSCAPE: DRIVEN' will allow fans to discover the world of 007 from a new perspective through a multi-sensory experience that explores the creative process behind the 007 movies, while revealing the secrets of James Bond's iconic Aston Martin DB5.

Take a closer look at gadgets in Q's lab, view original concept art in Oscar®-winning Production Designer Sir Ken Adam's studio and peek behind the scenes of Skyfall's explosive finale. This brand new exhibition offers a one-of-a-kind experience:

Arrival Tunnel - Uses light and music to draw you into the world of 007.
    Immersion Room - Inspired by the title sequence of Goldfinger (1964), designed by Robert Brownjohn, this rich immersive space uses an evocative soundscape and sophisticated projection mapping onto a sculptural installation to transport you into a dreamlike Bond environment.
    Q Briefing - Introducing the Aston Martin DB5 as first seen on screen.
    Q Workshop - Step inside a contemporary evocation of Q's workshop and come face to face with Bond's Aston Martin DB5. The beloved silver birch beauty takes centerstage amidst a workshop filled with plans, designs and celebrated gadgets from Q and his team.
    Ken Adam Studio - A studio for the legendary Sir Ken Adam, the Oscar®-winning Production Designer responsible for some of the most memorable 007 sets, vehicles and gadgets, features original sketches. You will see drawings come to life and hear Sir Ken tell the story of his creative career in his own words.
    Production Studio - Go behind the scenes of the explosive moment in Skyfall when the malevolent Silva (Javier Bardem) orders his helicopter gunship to destroy first Bond's DB5 and then his ancestral home. Walking into the studio you'll see a 1/3 scale model of Skyfall Lodge and the actual 1/3 scale burned out car from the film. Key members of the production team explain the thinking behind the destruction of the Lodge and the DB5.
    Screening Room - a unique new compilation of memorable Bond moments with his beloved DB5.
    Exit Tunnel - A specially commissioned soundscape, featuring the main Bond theme, leads you from the immersive exhibition to exit through the gift shop!
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Seems interesting. One of our local (NYC) TV stations did a short piece on it during today’s (3/12/2019) morning news. I definitely going to see it at some point – just don’t know when yet.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    David Zaritsky of TheBondExperience and friends from AJB and MI6Community getting a guided tour of DRIVEN: 007 x SPYSCAPE with Meg Simmonds, EON's Archivist. Some of the exhibit has been left out of the video to retain the element of surprise.