Why can't we find K.D Lang performing "Surrender" Live

marketto007marketto007 Brazil
in Music Posts: 3,277
Why? Why? :D

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Very good question
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Now I don't know if she ever did perform it live, but if EoN hadn't exchanged what has been called Surrender ever since for Sheryl Crow's work and kept it as the theme for TND instead, it would still be my candidate for best Bond theme ever.
  • Just guessing here: maybe she thought the song was something churned out for commercial purposes and has no desire to perform it live?
    She is probably p*****d off that somehow Crow's song got the main gig,and doesn't want to play a 'B' side track live.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    She probably hasn't performed it live. Most likely answer.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    She doesn't want to surrender the song live. Not today, anyway.
    A shame. I remember hearing it at the end of TND and thinking how great it was compared to Crow's effort. I think David Arnold co wrote it or produced (perhaps both) and it shows. It's worked in the score as well which is nice.
    Getafix wrote: »
    A shame. I remember hearing it at the end of TND and thinking how great it was compared to Crow's effort. I think David Arnold co wrote it or produced (perhaps both) and it shows. It's worked in the score as well which is nice.

Indeed ,both 'Surrender' and the whole score of TND are one of the best entries in the series imo and add so much to the film and its energy.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Surrender was originally set to open the movie, and be titled "Tomorrow NEver Dies." Crow's song was at the end, called "Until The Day." Then they were flipped and retitled since Crow was deemed more marketable and was on a streak of hits.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The main title sequence would definitely have been different with K.D. Lang's song. It's definitely not in sync with "Surrender".