TONS OF NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN ON SET PHOTOS from "Licence to Kill" - shot in Key West, 1988

Comments

• edited April 2015 Posts: 1
    One question for you. Is Dalton such tall as he is expected to be? Could you give me some estimation in foot?

On the other hand, I think that this movie is my favourite and of course on of the most underrated. Pure Bond, pure Fleming.

Thank you my friend
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited May 2016 Posts: 6,760
    Just filled my whole morning watching these pictures. Big Dalton fan, I never know which of his two films I like best, they're both brilliant.

Thanks for sharing!
    Fantastic collection of photos. Thanks for sharing.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, I had another look through this thread, brilliant photos . =D>
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,023
    These BTS photos are an awful lot better than some of the ones in professional books.
    Great selection of photos. I remember at the time LTK was filming, The Sunday Times in their magazine, had an 'exclusive', on the pre-credits sequence. The photos weren't half as good as these. How cool was Timothy Dalton as James Bond. on and off the set! God, it was such a shame he never got to make more than two movies!
  • These photos are incredible. And the memento with all the signatures - priceless in every sense. We are all jealous.
    Just popped back in here for the first time in over a year. Just wanted to say 'thanks' for the recent compliments. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Thanks also MI6 Confidential Magazine for publishing this story and several of the photos in your 32nd issue last year. This site really was the right venue to bring these pics out after all these years!
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    EHollander, thank you for sharing these great photographs. I have really enjoyed looking at them. LTK is one of my favourite Bond movies.
    Maybe this has been posted before, but there are some rare photos of Felix Leiter's wedding on David Hedison's website: http://www.davidhedison.net/hedison/galleries/007/license/LTK/Wedding/index.htm

According to this page, the wedding was filmed for the PTS but was dropped in favour of an action-oriented PTS instead.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    There are at least two photos that look to be taken from inside the church, so I think that it's safe to assume that the scene was filmed. And yet, it hasn't appeared on any release of the film. :-?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Thanks for the link @Milovy! nice pictures!
    Thanks for the link @Milovy! nice pictures!

yes those are a rare find. Interesting backstory to the photos.
    Doug Redenius of the Ian Fleming Foundation was on set in Key West - in fact, he was a member of the of the wedding party.
    Doug graciously made copies of his own- photos of the wedding and bought them to David in Chicago this past September.
    David in turn let me copy them for the web site.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Great find, @Milovy! Thanks a lot! I've never knew about that wedding scene...
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Blimey,i have just been reading through his for over an hour.

I missed this thread entirely,well done @EHollander for posting it on here,amazing stuff !

(Shame he doesn't appear to be around anymore here.)
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 613
    barryt007 wrote: »

I missed this thread entirely,well done @EHollander for posting it on here,amazing stuff !

I, too, only discovered this thread recently. @EHollander 's photos are amazing, and a big thank you to him for sharing.

I've considered purchasing a DVD of BRENDA STARR, which got absolutely terrible reviews and was barely distributed (being a Dalton fan, however, I'm still interested in seeing it). Incredibly, the film was tied up in litigation for so long, the U.S. theatrical release happened 6 years after production and almost 3 years after the release of LTK!
    Milovy wrote: »
    Maybe this has been posted before, but there are some rare photos of Felix Leiter's wedding on David Hedison's website: http://www.davidhedison.net/hedison/galleries/007/license/LTK/Wedding/index.htm

According to this page, the wedding was filmed for the PTS but was dropped in favour of an action-oriented PTS instead.

Cool. Hadn’t seen those before.
    I love this thread and have always been fascinated with LTK's history. Some amazing photos and stories here.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 1,661
    16776380567_b8fc58c540_o.jpg

Boy band pose!

Sanchez and the Groovers - their new album out now at all good record stores. :D
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 3,687

Hey Bond friends! Just checking in. It's been a long time since I posted my LTK materials. Been wrapped up in a lot of work related to my other passion - SHARKS. Specifically, Steve Alten's MEG book covers, (the series that inspired the recent Jason Statham movie The MEG), and I don't get around online much these days. I see there have been a couple new posted responses... Thanks for the interest, I'm glad you still enjoy the pics and recollections. I want to thank mi6 Confidential magazine for printing my story and photos in their Issue#32 a couple years back (after my introductory posts).

[img][/img]44010769814_be08069d0e_o.jpgcover_retina by ErikHollander, on Flickr

44010778064_7445112954_o.jpgLTKmagazinespread1 by ErikHollander, on Flickr

29791749697_29a6e0f0bf_o.jpgLTKmagazinespread2 by ErikHollander, on Flickr

44010777504_7ee22c704c_o.jpgLTKmagazinespread3 by ErikHollander, on Flickr

Escalus5 wrote: »

I, too, only discovered this thread recently. @EHollander 's photos are amazing, and a big thank you to him for sharing.

I've considered purchasing a DVD of BRENDA STARR, which got absolutely terrible reviews and was barely distributed (being a Dalton fan, however, I'm still interested in seeing it). Incredibly, the film was tied up in litigation for so long, the U.S. theatrical release happened 6 years after production and almost 3 years after the release of LTK!

It's pretty awful to be honest. But if you're a Dalton completist...
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited September 2018 Posts: 2,541
    Great collection thank you for posting. Do anyone have BTS video or links they could share here, would very much appreciate.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    EHollander wrote: »

If you haven’t purchased The Lion in Winter, The Rocketeer, Hot Fuzz or any of the Penny Dreadful seasons, I’d go for those first though ;)

@EHollander This might be the thread that I revisit most often without posting, LTK being one of my vey favourite movies. Thanks again for sharing.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Thanks from me too. Amazing stuff.
    Great collection thank you for posting. Do anyone have BTS video or links they could share here, would very much appreciate.

Here's an awesome British featurette from 1988 I recently found on Youtube. Its footage was filmed on the very days I was on set in Key West. For years, I had wondered where I could see the footage shot by the TV camera crew I constantly saw on set. Well, here it is... Enjoy.

• edited September 2018 Posts: 3,687
    GoldenGun wrote: »

If you haven’t purchased The Lion in Winter, The Rocketeer, Hot Fuzz or any of the Penny Dreadful seasons, I’d go for those first though ;)

@EHollander This might be the thread that I revisit most often without posting, LTK being one of my vey favourite movies. Thanks again for sharing.
    Tokoloshe2 wrote: »
    Thanks from me too. Amazing stuff.

Thanks. It's always fun to share this stuff with people who genuinely are into it.
    I just posted a link to a great Youtube video above - check it out!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Fun fact: 2 billion people was then half the world's population..... (thanks for the link @EHollander)
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 15,785

Here's an awesome British featurette from 1988 I recently found on Youtube. Its footage was filmed on the very days I was on set in Key West. For years, I had wondered where I could see the footage shot by the TV camera crew I constantly saw on set. Well, here it is... Enjoy.

That was extremely cool. Great stuff there.

There was also a great Good Morning America segment with Joel Siegel interviewing Tim on the set of the PTS. Taped it back in '88. Wish I still had it. I keep hoping someone will post it on YouTube someday.
    I must admit I always liked the title LICENCE REVOKED.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Thanks for that video @EHollander And very nice article, too. "Many more memorable moments", you wrote, could you share? ;)

Talisa Soto looks glorious, did you talk with here?
    These are all great photos. But looking at them I'm reminded how lacklustre some of the locations in LTK were. Particularly in Florida. For some reason the USA always just droops on screen in Bond. I can't think of a really good US location in the entire series. Perhaps the New Orleans death March in LALD.