The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Semper Occultus

Dangerously Yours

Honor Among Spies
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Nobody does it better

That one at least resonates, along the lines of LICENCE TO KILL and THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH, in that it is classic, well-known and immediately invokes Bond.

Yeah it would evoke that rebirth theme we need in the next bond film
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 4,023
    I wouldn’t put it past them to call it 007. I like Forever And A Day. I seem to remember that Once Upon A Spy was linked to Bond at some point.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2018 Posts: 4,343
    Once Upon a Spy was the title of Peter Morgan's script for what became Skyfall.

Forever and a Day sounds good to me.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Bond 25
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 4,023
    Bond 25

That tells the story. Would have been easier all round if they’d gone numerical from the get go.
    vzok wrote: »
    I wouldn’t put it past them to call it 007. I like Forever And A Day. I seem to remember that Once Upon A Spy was linked to Bond at some point.

I like the title for Horowitz's latest continuation novel. The one word titles needs to end at some point – hopefully with Bond 25. Wouldn't be surprised if they go for another one word title, though.

Maybe they could call it MI6 just to tap into the Mission: Impossible - Fallout hype? :))
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Super spy James Boyle is back!

GONE OFF THE BOYLE

LANCE THE BOYLE

Why not go the whole media circus route with...?

Bamigboyled
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Or how about...?

Vauxhall Cross: Blofeld's Revenge

Madeleine Black Swann: Bond Goes Woke

Catastrophe! The Bitter Litter
    (tagline: Blofeld's Cat is pregnant - take cover, this pussy's about to blow!
    Ex-spectre-d Autumn 2019... or maybe 2020... or at some point in the future)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    FOREVER AND A DAY sounds like a computer generated Bond title. It's almost a parody of the titles of the past.
    Exactly.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    FOREVER AND A DIE

Bond Down Under!

• How about 'Solo'? Oh...
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2018 Posts: 10,512
    The title is so important, hope they nail it with the next one. Fleming was a master, this idea some fans have of calling it ‘Bond’, or ‘007’ etc is totally shite.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2018 Posts: 4,343
    FOREVER AND A DAY sounds like a computer generated Bond title. It's almost a parody of the titles of the past.

Sounds like, more or less, every Brosnan title.

This title is almost the same as one of Theo Angelopoulos (one of the greatest european directors of all time) best films, called "Eternity and a Day". Great movie.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Licence to live and let die another daylights

Hahahaha! :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Imagination was never one of my strengths :))

Still better than the one word titles Hollywood uses these days!

Before replying, I actually misread the title suggestion as Licence to live and let die and other delights! Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass meets James Bond!

Before replying, I actually misread the title suggestion as Licence to live and let die and other delights! Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass meets James Bond!

Ha ha personally they should always go back to Fleming himself for inspiration or start looking at good chapter titles from the Fleming Novels.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 17,241

Ha ha personally they should always go back to Fleming himself for inspiration or start looking at good chapter titles from the Fleming Novels.

I think that's the way to go too, although I don't think Pink Lights and Champagne will do! :))

I think that's the way to go too, although I don't think Pink Lights and Champagne will do! :))

Ha ha yeah that title would go down like a lead balloon :))

Ha ha yeah that title would go down like a lead balloon :))

Guess so!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited September 2018 Posts: 5,921
    Any Fleming chapter titles with "the end" in them? Isn't there one like "Endit"?
    echo wrote: »
    Any Fleming chapter titles with "the end" in them? Isn't there one like "Endit"?

Not sure of the top of my head.

I like the Chapter titles... Death for breakfast , which has been used and The Eye that never Sleeps
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited September 2018 Posts: 2,541
    SPECTREPUSSY- because they already had octopus in it
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited September 2018 Posts: 2,541
    BOND 25: A Kite dancing in a hurricane
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

I like the Chapter titles... Death for breakfast , which has been used and The Eye that never Sleeps

I think The Eye That Never Sleeps could've worked for SP. Because of Nine Eyes.
    Remington wrote: »

I think The Eye That Never Sleeps could've worked for SP. Because of Nine Eyes.

Good point that title would have worked thematically, one of my biggest issues with SP I feel the title Spectre was wasted.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 125
    These are my Fleming's titles for BOND 25:

1zd3b6x.jpg

2lmpjme.png

fywjt.png

316n1it.jpg

;)
  • RC7RC7
    007 in New York is dreadful and will never be used. It’s not even a proper Bond title.