Last James Bond track or theme you listened to...

Comments

• edited July 2018 Posts: 17,241
    mattjoes wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    If there isn't one, maybe we should create a thread with some information on re-recordings and rare versions of Bond themes. I imagine there's a great number of them that are probably not worth going into but some should be of particular interest. George Martin recorded an eight-minute suite from his LALD score. John Barry did several versions of his title themes. For instance, in the seventies, he did new versions of We Have All the Time in the World and DAF in the style of the theme of the Persuaders (he also gave several other non-Bond themes the same treatment). There's also a lovely re-recording of Alpine Drive from GF, with electric bass.

@mattjoes @Murdock All those are new to me! Are they available somewhere, or are they unreleased?
    They've all been released on albums. Some of them might be on YouTube. If they're not, I'm sure something can be done about that. ;)

Nice! I'll have a look, and if I can't find them I'll drop a comment on the Rejected Songs & Official Remakes & Rare Cover Versions thread for help!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,104

I have a soft spot for this score, and I'm not ashamed! The part from 0:40 onwards in this track is one of the highlights! I always enjoy the brass elements of Arnold's scores.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Hopefully we get some good tunes like that in Bond 25.
    Murdock wrote: »

Please, yes! I couldn't enjoy those two Newman scores at all, and miss the Arnold scores. If not Arnold, then hopefully Daniel Pemberton. We need an entertaining score as much as we need an entertaining film!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Please, yes! I couldn't enjoy those two Newman scores at all, and miss the Arnold scores. If not Arnold, then hopefully Daniel Pemberton. We need an entertaining score as much as we need an entertaining film!

You and I speak the same language. Something memorable is desired.

You and I speak the same language. Something memorable is desired.

I really liked the obvious inspirations Pemberton brought to the The Man from U.N.C.L.E. score. Every track was really enjoyable and fun! He seems to enjoy using "untraditional" sounds, as well.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,104
    Agree Arnold is brilliant.

No other movies are close to Bond when it comes to epic tunes
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Timeless classic

I remember being sat in the cinema and the Gun Barrel music played and I thought Now this is more like it!
  • mybudgetbondmybudgetbond The World
    Been listening to the OHMSS soundtrack. The Escape From Piz Gloria track got me home late last night after a very long day!
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    John Barry's wonderful "Journey to Blofeld's hideout" from OHMSS. Fantastic track, fantastic film.
    Roadphill wrote: »
    John Barry's wonderful "Journey to Blofeld's hideout" from OHMSS. Fantastic track, fantastic film.

Just one of a hit parade of tracks from that score!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Stunning.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    One of my faves by the great John Barry

Stunning.

It really is. Even though it's hard enough to rank the scores as it is, I think OHMSS might be Barry's best Bond score.

Another fantastic Barry track. Even after delivering so many Bond scores, he could pull this up from the hat. What a composer!

Stunning.

It really is. Even though it's hard enough to rank the scores as it is, I think OHMSS might be Barry's best Bond score.

Another fantastic Barry track. Even after delivering so many Bond scores, he could pull this up from the hat. What a composer!

Indeed Torgeirtrap, just marvelous!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Yes, OHMSS and TLD are my two favourite Barry scores. They're utterly sublime.
  • mybudgetbondmybudgetbond The World
    The OHMSS score is on Apple Music, but not TLD unfortunately

Stunning.

I really like the buildup from 1:36, and the strings from 2:50 onwards. This track sums up the best of the whole score, really.

That's strange. That being said, TLD isn't on Spotify either. Wonder why?
    I bought TLD deluxe album from Amazon Music.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 1,318

Stunning.

I really like the buildup from 1:36, and the strings from 2:50 onwards. This track sums up the best of the whole score, really.

That's exactly the section I love. Gives me a rush every time. I also like the build up to that particular part in this fan made trailer:
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 17,241
    I bought TLD deluxe album from Amazon Music.

What doesn't Amazon have! It's a shame Barry's scores aren't represented as well on other platforms.

Stunning.

That's exactly the section I love. Gives me a rush every time. I also like the build up to that particular part in this fan made trailer:

That's a nice trailer! Definitely makes me want to rewatch TLD again soon.
    @Torgeirtrap I bought the majority of the Bond scores from Amazon they do have a great catologue. The rest of my Bond scores are old fashioned cd's
    @Torgeirtrap I bought the majority of the Bond scores from Amazon they do have a great catologue. The rest of my Bond scores are old fashioned cd's

It certainly looks like Amazon's got a lot of music covered. I'm still old fashioned enough to buy a few CD's now and then, but it's usually Bond scores or very specific artists. Getting into vinyl again too, which is fun.

It certainly looks like Amazon's got a lot of music covered. I'm still old fashioned enough to buy a few CD's now and then, but it's usually Bond scores or very specific artists. Getting into vinyl again too, which is fun.

I often look on ebay and Amazon for cd's usually second hand picked up some great albums extremely cheap.

I often look on ebay and Amazon for cd's usually second hand picked up some great albums extremely cheap.

Never done that; should probably consider Ebay the next time around! Thanks for the tip!
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,104

Never done that; should probably consider Ebay the next time around! Thanks for the tip!

I pay close attention to customer feed back on items of sellers, generally cds I have got from ebay are in good condition.

I play close attention to customer feed back on items of sellers, generally cds I have got from ebay are in good condition.

Good point. You need CD's to be in a good condition when buying, of course. Luckily Ebay have the rating system in place so you can choose a seller you're likely to trust.