Charles Bronson 1921-2003

edited January 2019 in General Movies & TV Posts: 820
He was great cowboy actor & action actor. Very older then Roger Moore,Sean Connery & Clint Eastwood. He was married to Jill Ireland. Today it his 15th death anniversary. We all remembered in Death Wish franchise then he had his Cop franchise only 3 time Family Cop. He was great and there never be another like. I could open this post in 2013 the 10th anniversary.He did starred with Dr.No Ursula Address in Rising Sun.

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Bronson is a legend, two of my favourite roles he had were in the films The Great Escape and Once Upon a time in the West.
    I got most of his movies his cop movie Kinjite the forbidden subject which he played a vice cop. 10 till Midnight as serious cop to bring serial killer to justice. All of his Death Wish movies. I didn't have a problem with new version with Bruce Willis but he did his own way. Honour Among Thieves with Alain Delon. Who later starred With Charles Bronson in Rising Sun opposite Ursula Address.
    Hard to believe it's been 15 years. I remember immediately going out and collecting as many Bronson films I could find.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Murphys Law I recall enjoying though its been a long time since I watched the film.
  • DEATH WISH II and MURPHY’S LAW were definitely his 2 best from his later years, from the Cannon/Golan-Globus stable. But his best were from the 70s! His best star vehicles were THE MECHANIC, MR. MAJESTYK, and BREAKHEART PASS.
    DEATH WISH II and MURPHY’S LAW were definitely his 2 best from his later years, from the Cannon/Golan-Globus stable. But his best were from the 70s! His best star vehicles were THE MECHANIC, MR. MAJESTYK, and BREAKHEART PASS.

I need to revisit alot of his films I recently bought and watched Death Wish some of the editing is ropey though the film has alot of merits. I viewed the film differently on this recent watch for the better.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 642
    For me personally DEATH WISH II is more satisfying. The first one is more of an urban drama than an urban crime actioner. He doesn’t even get the thugs (including Jeff Goldblum) who killed his wife. He just shoots and scares some random thugs.
    For me personally DEATH WISH II is more satisfying. The first one is more of an urban drama than an urban crime actioner.

It's been a long time since I watched the series at this point I can't compare the Death Wish films.
    Anyone remember The Stone Killer. Great soundtrack by Roy Budd.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Death Wish II and III are my favorites in the series. Breakheart Pass is probably my favorite Bronson movie. I really enjoyed it. Telefon too. And oh yes I liked The Stone Killer. That soundtrack is to die for. They don't compose them like that anymore.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2018 Posts: 17,727
    vzok wrote: »
    Anyone remember The Stone Killer. Great soundtrack by Roy Budd.

Yes, I certainly do. I taped it from Channel 5 several times and first saw it in early 2003. I really must get it on DVD soon, if it's available there. I like it, but it has very little to do with the source novel, which was set in the UK rather than the US. I wonder if Bond fans know that (besides The Liquidator, 1965) it was the only other film version of a John Gardner novel to be made.

The Stone Killer (1973) was very loosely based on the first Derek Torry novel A Complete State of Death (1969). The character was even renamed Lt. Lou Torrey in the film version. I'm referring to the same John Gardner who wrote fourteen original Bond novel and two film novelisations between 1981 and 1996, of course.
    -You believe in Jesus...
    -Yes, I do.
    -Well, you're gonna meet 'im.

maxresdefault.jpg
    mattjoes wrote: »
    -You believe in Jesus...
    -Yes, I do.

maxresdefault.jpg

I was just about to post that quote. I just picked up a DEATH WISH DVD set today that has 2,3 and 4.
    Great line.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    -You believe in Jesus...
    -Yes, I do.

maxresdefault.jpg

I was just about to post that quote. I just picked up a DEATH WISH DVD set today that has 2,3 and 4.
    Great line.

You know what they say about great minds.
    The only DEATH WISH I don't have in my collection now is the 5th film.............oh, and of course the remake.
  • I forgot about TELEFON by Don Siegel. That’s another great one! Donald Pleasence is in it.

“The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep”
  • And while I’m remembering I’ll also throw in DEATH HUNT by our Bond vet Peter Hunt. Charlie Bronson vs the great Lee Marvin. Great outdoorsy snowy adventure! It’s from 1981 but still feels like one of his 70s films. I think this was his last pre-Cannon film. He joined Cannon/Golan-Globus the following year with DEATH WISH II.
    The only DEATH WISH I don't have in my collection now is the 5th film.............oh, and of course the remake.
    I haven't seen 5, but I caught part of it on TV one night during the late 90s. Seemed more gruesome than the earlier films.

Murdock wrote: »
    And oh yes I liked The Stone Killer. That soundtrack is to die for. They don't compose them like that anymore.
    Thanks for leading me to that music.
    He was also directed by Terence Young in Cold Sweat.
  • Just listened to THE STONE KILLER main theme by Roy Budd. Excellent!!

I also forgot what was probably Charlie’s first star vehicle of the 70s - THE FAMILY aka VIOLENT CITY/CITTA VIOLENTA by Sergio Sollima from 1970. Easily his best European film! Also starring Jill Ireland (their first collaboration) and Telly Savalas! Plus a wicked score by the maestro Ennio Morricone! Highly recommended viewing. There’s also a really cool car chase through the back streets of the Virgin Islands that has that great European 70s style to it. Camera low to the ground, hubcaps flying off, slightly sped-up - great stuff!
    -You believe in Jesus...
    -Yes, I do.

maxresdefault.jpg

Great line.

Do you know he shooting a Walther PPK.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Just moved this discussion over to General Movies and TV.