Weirdest/worst films with Bond-actors

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I liked Mama Mia. :)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    'Remember Me' with Pierce Brosnan.... that movie was utter tripe. Although the only good thing out of it was Brosnan's commanding performance, stealing every scene he was in.
    'Remember Me' with Pierce Brosnan.... that movie was utter tripe. Although the only good thing out of it was Brosnan's commanding performance, stealing every scene he was in.

I didn't particularly like the way the songs were done, but it was just for fun that film; and I did like Brosnan in it. I'm a big Meryl Streep fan, but I thought she looked really not good in that movie.
    'Live Wire' with Brozza.....hahahahahaha!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

I didn't particularly like the way the songs were done, but it was just for fun that film; and I did like Brosnan in it. I'm a big Meryl Streep fan, but I thought she looked really not good in that movie.

I was talking about 'Remember Me', the romance film with Robert 'Twilight' Pattinson.... ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Dalton in Looney Toons: Back in Action. That one was just weird.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Dalton in Looney Toons: Back in Action. That one was just weird.

I actually really liked that film. Althought I haven't seen it since I was like 14, but I really loved it as a young kid...... :)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I liked the movie, it was just weird (especially seeing Dalton in it).
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Kerim wrote:
    I am totally apalled that no one mentioned Mamma Mia yet.

I don't think Mamma Mia is bad enough (and certainly not weird enough) to be on this thread. However if this was worst/weirdest Bond-actors singing it would certainly be there ;)
    I haven't seen a lot of other movies with the Bond actors, but The Avengers with Connery was pretty terrible. I mean, the man was dressed as a gummy bear.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Kerim wrote:
    I am totally apalled that no one mentioned Mamma Mia yet.

I surmised that was common sense to everyone!

Perhaps, but James Bond joining in singing "Waterloo" certainly qualifies as weird.
    I was forced to watch mama mia once, it scarred me for several days. Mrs doubtfire irritated the hell out of me, though admittedly that was more down to robin williams.
    Taffin with Pierce Brosnan. Badly acted, cheap and dull.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Does anyone remember this abomination?

08752efd92e5cbe4a67d3fae256de29a.jpg
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Haha, yes. Saw that fairly recently (as part of a double bill along with GE actually). Very mediocre although it did have Christopher Lee speaking Russian which is always worth a watch :)

What about Live Wire?
    http://www.mefeedia.com/watch/30263230
    DarthDimi wrote:

Think Brosnan played the same character in the equally cheap Night Watch.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    DarthDimi wrote:

You know a film is absolute trash when Partick Stewart and Christopher Lee TOGETHER can't even save it!

• It's a shame Lazenby and Bruce Lee never got to work together.

That would've been so badass. Enter the Dragon is one of my favourite films, and Lasenby could really fight, so the 2 put together. Wow.

One of my favorite Bond wet dreams consists of Lazenby staying on for the 70s and Bruce Lee surviving and playin a villain/henchman in a more hard hitting TMWTGG. Oh what could have been. Lazenby certainly would not have needed those school girls to fight for him.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I can't believe i'm about to say this, but I thought Death Train was an ok action film. These however, I would rather erase from my memory:

- Live Wire
    - Taffin
    - Victim Of Love (I have my excuse for watching this, Virginia Madsen)
    - Nightwatch
    - The Lawnmower Man
    jackdagger wrote:
    I haven't seen a lot of other movies with the Bond actors, but The Avengers with Connery was pretty terrible. I mean, the man was dressed as a gummy bear.

Yes! I thought of The Avengers, too! It was utter stupidity; the bear costumes. Geez! What tripe. Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman and Sir Sean ... utterly wasted in this film.
    DarthDimi wrote:

I've never seen this film, but seeing the names of those 3 actors then looking at the poster, I have to say... How the hell can this have turned out bad???
    DarthDimi wrote:

I've never seen this film, but seeing the names of those 3 actors then looking at the poster, I have to say... How the hell can this have turned out bad???

The entire budget probably went on the actors, the Death train is tv movie standard.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    It also stars Alexandra Paul, known back in the day from Baywatch. I believe she was one of the Hoff's love interests. ;-)

APaul.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I quite liked the film. I'm not a crazy Pattinson fan, but it was nice to see him in something that isn't Twilight, and Brosnan was definitely a scene-stealer. That bit between him and Pattinson when Brosnan is in the meeting and they both just erupt at one another was great.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I quite liked the film. I'm not a crazy Pattinson fan, but it was nice to see him in something that isn't Twilight, and Brosnan was definitely a scene-stealer. That bit between him and Pattinson when Brosnan is in the meeting and they both just erupt at one another was great.

Yes it seemed Brosnan was about to completly destroy Pattinson in that scene !!
  • I remember seeing Dalton in the 1986 Doctor And the Devils and thinking it was pretty bad. Grave robbers bringing corpses to Dalton's "Dr. Frankenstein". Weird.

I actually thought Brosnan was sometimes a tougher more believable character in Taffin than he was as Bond. Just my opinion. I'd rather watch Taffin instead of Die Another Day to be honest.
  • the saint with r.moore
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    ENRNST_CAT wrote:
    the saint with r.moore

The Saint was a wonderful TV series! At least in my opinion. Anyway, we are talking about films here, I think series would deserve a thread of its own, want to start it @ENRNST_CAT? By the way you have a really nice Avatar, your own artwork?
    Sandy wrote:
    ENRNST_CAT wrote:
    the saint with r.moore

The Saint was a wonderful TV series! At least in my opinion. Anyway, we are talking about films here, I think series would deserve a thread of its own, want to start it @ENRNST_CAT? By the way you have a really nice Avatar, your own artwork?

Maybe he meant the 'Saint' movie with Val Kilmer and Sir Rog's voice on the car radio......
  • The great Timothy Dalton in the horrible "Timshare"