Weirdest/worst films with Bond-actors

SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
edited April 2012 in Actors Posts: 4,012
The James Bond actors in little-known movies thread http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2754/james-bond-actors-in-little-known-movies-bond-only/p1 gave me this idea. Every Bond actor has starred at some point in their careers in one (or more) really bad, weird film. Which ones come to your mind? Let's share.

My entry is Zardoz, with Sean Connery. A film so bad and so weird that I believe is capable of causing brain damage @-) And I have no words to describe the wardrobe or hairstyles! Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the trailer. I have to warn that it contains obnoxious footage :-&

[url]<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/kbGVIdA3dx0?version=3&hl=pt_PT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/kbGVIdA3dx0?version=3&hl=pt_PT"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/url]

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The thing of it is, there is an entire trope on TV Tropes that says Sean Connery elevates everything you put him in. It's true too, and you all know it. The Rock, LoEG, Entrapment, and more would hardly be known today if it wasn't for Sean. Here's the trope:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfSeanConnery

And this one is hilarious!
    http://thingsseanconneryshouldsay.com/
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    The thing of it is, there is an entire trope on TV Tropes that says Sean Connery elevates everything you put him in. It's true too, and you all know it. The Rock, LoEG, Entrapment, and more would hardly be known today if it wasn't for Sean. Here's the trope:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfSeanConnery

And this one is hilarious!
    http://thingsseanconneryshouldsay.com/

I had no idea, thanks @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 but I noticed even that trope states Zardoz as an exception, too weird I guess.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 4,813
    One boring night I watched all of Zardoz on Netflix. I swear it's as if a bunch of artsy film students had a whacked out movie and used all their budget to hire Sean Connery just to get it noticed!!
    I don't smoke weed, but if I did, Zardoz would likely be the best movie ever.

The Man From Hong Kong is one I haven't seen all the way through, but I did look for all of George's scenes on youtube-- he makes a great bad guy and he fights even better than in OHMSS! Of course, it's 'Hong Kong style' in this movie, as in everything's crazy and all-over-the-place like a Jackie Chan flick.
    George and Tim are the only guys I know who can rock a mustache and still look good!
  • It's a shame Lazenby and Bruce Lee never got to work together.

That mustache!
    Roger moore in The Quest with jean claude van damme.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Has to be Zardoz for me, although I must say I rather like the film. Weird? Yes. Bad? Depends on your liking. This film is much to my liking. And so is Charlotte... ;-)

4408937022_62574f8477.jpg
    If this is the 'worst' movie thread, that has to be Boat Trip with Roger. Save yourself the torture and just watch his scenes online- skip the rest.
    The Quest wasn't bad, for a Van Damme movie, lol
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,894
    DarthDimi wrote:
    This film is much to my liking. And so is Charlotte... ;-)

And yet I still have not watched that. I do have the DVD, I just have not got around to it.

There's nowt wrong with most of JCVD's films. :-B
    If this is the 'worst' movie thread, that has to be Boat Trip with Roger. Save yourself the torture and just watch his scenes online- skip the rest.

I remember that one! Watched it on some random, boring sunday afternoon.
    [url]<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/MztVkbWzc5M?version=3&hl=pt_PT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/MztVkbWzc5M?version=3&hl=pt_PT"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/url]
    Positively shocking!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Weirdest/worst film with a Bond actor ?

'La Question Humaine' with Mathieu Amalric. It's 2.5 hours of nothing. I saw it once - and the dvd went straight in the bin after the movie ended.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:
    This film is much to my liking. And so is Charlotte... ;-)

And yet I still have not watched that. I do have the DVD, I just have not got around to it.

Anyone who can appreciate 70s aesthetic the way we can, @MajorDSmythe, should definitely see this film, if only for the sheer nostalgic amusement of it.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,690
    A weird film with Connery is 'The Offence'. Downright weird. :-S Connery's character in the film is disgusting and repulsive.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Anyone who can appreciate 70s aesthetic the way we can, @MajorDSmythe, should definitely see this film, if only for the sheer nostalgic amusement of it.

It's not quite the 70's aesthetic that interests me, Dimi. ;) But i've made it though Basic Instinct 2 (and I even bought the DVD). I think Zardoz will be a walk in the park by comparison.
    Slightly off-topic, but :

@Major, could you give your top 5 best/most bad-ass JCVD films ?
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Slightly off-topic, but :

@Major, could you give your top 5 best/most bad-ass JCVD films ?

Top 5?

1. Hard Target (1993)
    2. Nowhere To Run (1993)
    3. Assassination Games (2011)
    4. Sudden Death (1995)
    5. Second In Command (2006)
    No TimeCop? I thought that was widely considered a 'good' Van Damme movie. I know it sounds like I'm knocking him but I'm just playing. I like Van Damme just fine!
    My top 5 has to be
    1: Bloodsport
    2: TimeCop
    3: KickBoxer
    4: Double Impact
    This last one isn't too popular but it is a guilty pleasure:
    5: Cyborg (Not saying he's a bad actor, but the fact that he hardly has any lines gives him a tougher persona, à la Arnold in The Terminator)
    I haven't seen one of his post 2000 I don't think, but I am absolutely looking forward to his return to the big screen in Expendables 2!!!

Anyway, back on topic, another weird one I caught online was 'I Saw Her Die' with George Lazenby (and Adolfo Celi- who, oddly enough, I almost didn't recognize without his eyepatch!)
    Unfortunately it was dubbed- though it appears everyone was speaking english. I didn't watch it too long- sorry George.
    I'd love to see his 'Universal Soldier'. Supposedly it's the movie immediately after OHMSS which he had a part in writing and wanted to make 'instead of' Diamonds Are Forever. Can't seem to find it anywhere though
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 6,432

Van damme movies are what they are though he has made some tripe Lol rather watch a bruce lee movie or a pre hollywood jackie chan.
    Sandy wrote:

I remember that one! Watched it on some random, boring sunday afternoon.
    [url]<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/MztVkbWzc5M?version=3&hl=pt_PT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/MztVkbWzc5M?version=3&hl=pt_PT"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/url]
    Positively shocking!

They are what they are though he has made some tripe Lol rather watch a bruce lee movie or a pre hollywood jackie chan.

OMG, I just cracked up.
    The scariest part of all is that he still looked good enough to play Bond!

Kidding.

Or am I?
    The scariest part of all is that he still looked good enough to play Bond!

Kidding.

Or am I?

If we ignored his age, and just focused on his looks, he could have been Bond til´ atleast 1991.

It's a shame Lazenby and Bruce Lee never got to work together.

That would've been so badass. Enter the Dragon is one of my favourite films, and Lasenby could really fight, so the 2 put together. Wow.
    It's a shame Lazenby and Bruce Lee never got to work together.

That would've been so badass. Enter the Dragon is one of my favourite films, and Lasenby could really fight, so the 2 put together. Wow.

Lazenby should have been the american guy who survives the movie.
    Absolutely!!
    He was also supposed to be in Game of Death- but that story got so butchered after Lee's death that there's no clue who he would have been. In fact, if I ever met Lazenby, that's what I'd ask him! (he'd probably love to hear a question that wasn't Bond-related for once, lol)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Master_Dahark, Boat Trip is so bad that...oddly...it's one of my most entertaining comedies. I don't know why, I just always laugh when I watch it, especially Moore's scenes. It's a mixture that some of it is funny, and a majority of it is so bad that it's just hilarious.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I am totally apalled that no one mentioned Mamma Mia yet.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Kerim wrote:
    I am totally apalled that no one mentioned Mamma Mia yet.

I surmised that was common sense to everyone!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Bullseye! Starring Roger Moore and Michael Caine is a winner for me.
    Someone should of mentioned The Lawnmower Man that Brosnan did a year or two before his Goldeneye debut, not a very well recognized movie, and I know a fair number of people hated it even if I thought it was quite a fun two hours spent. It was most certainly surreal and maybe would argue, Yes it was one of the worst of recent times, pre Bond actors or otherwise. I have to stick up for it though as I thought it was not a bad watch but Yes, it is all a bit silly, maybe Mr Brosnan doesn't remember that one to well..