Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Moving from Craig to Cavill is like Ferguson to Moyes. Count me as one of the few who thinks acting ability is actually reasonably important.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Turner's one sun tan away from playing Kamran Shah Jr. :))
    So Cavill is a new fave? Oh. Well, I admit I've only seen him in two movies (admittedly a small sample) and a few interviews, but never found him even remotely interesting in any of those, quite the contrary (everyone else around was more interesting both in movies and interviews), but maybe I just haven't seen any of the good stuff then. To me he seems to lack both the charm and the edge needed, but hey...
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Murdock wrote: »

=))
    He looks greasy and dirty, whenever I see him. Even at press stuff.
    Looks too Romany traveller to me. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)
    We'd get a Bond selling clothes pegs and lucky heather with the looks of Turner.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited August 2018 Posts: 16,331
    Benny wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »

=))
    He looks greasy and dirty, whenever I see him. Even at press stuff.
    Looks too Romany traveller to me. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)
    We'd get a Bond selling clothes pegs and lucky heather with the looks of Turner.

tenor.gif
    Dang @Benny! I thought my burn was good, you set the whole place on fire! Wow! :O =))
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    %-(
    edited August 2018 Posts: 8,089
    Watching Desolation of Smaug on ITV currently. Anyone doubting Aidan Turner as Bond should watch this as he displays more personality in his small part than most do in starring roles. If Bond doesn't snap him up, some other franchise will.

• RC7RC7
    Watching Desolation of Smaug on ITV currently. Anyone doubting Aidan Turner as Bond should watch this as he displays more personality in his small part than most do in starring roles. If Bond doesn't snap him up, some other franchise will.

Not happening.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited August 2018 Posts: 7,980
    I actually think Turner has tremendous potential; I can understand not not finding someone suitable but some of the criticism leveled in his direction is questionable in taste; hey Sean has played an Arab and a Spaniard. When groomed , as in And Then There Were None , Turner looks great and gives off a strong Dalton vibe. He at least deserves a screentest.
    As far as screentest, if you could pick 3 actors to screentest, out of the known suspects, who would you choose?
    Mine would be.
    1. Cavill
    2. Hemsworth
    3. Turner.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    1 Michael Fassbender
    2 Michiel Huisman
    3 Tom Hardy
    For a screentest? I'd go with:
    1. Luke Evans (probably too old anyway, but would still be my favourite)
    2. Henry Cavill
    3. Aidan Turner

In that order, most likely. There aren't that many other suggestions on this thread (or elsewhere) that would interest me. In this list I've also excluded Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender as I just can't see that ever happening. I'm not one of them who really, really doesn't want Hardy for the role by the way, I just don't think he'd be interested by this point. Same with Fassbender probably.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I really found Cavill to be a block of wood in M:I. He has the simplest of lines, probably less lines than Ving Rhames, maybe less than Angela Bassett-- but he couldn't pull it off. Everything he said looked and sounded rehearsed.

He's a physical specimen and was imposing.

But every time he opened his mouth, it was lights out. He just isn't that special (outside of his size)...
    I was unfamiliar with Michiel Huisman; he’s got the right look. From what I’ve read , he lives in my city, New Orleans.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I was unfamiliar with Michiel Huisman; he’s got the right look. From what I’ve read , he lives in my city, New Orleans.

He isn t among the usual suspects, but I suggested him here earlier.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I actually think Turner has tremendous potential; I can understand not not finding someone suitable but some of the criticism leveled in his direction is questionable in taste; hey Sean has played an Arab and a Spaniard. When groomed , as in And Then There Were None , Turner looks great and gives off a strong Dalton vibe. He at least deserves a screentest.
    As far as screentest, if you could pick 3 actors to screentest, out of the known suspects, who would you choose?
    Mine would be.
    1. Cavill
    2. Hemsworth
    3. Turner.

Agreed, and
    1. Cavill
    2. Turner
    Can't think of a 3 right now

He isn t among the usual suspects, but I suggested him here earlier.

The “rules” are very flexible :D

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Having seen MI:Fallout last night, I feel Henry Cavill could be a potential Bond #7.
    He's got the ability to become Bond. Might not be the most fantastic actor, but Bond is Bond, it's not Shakespeare. He's got Bondian qualities, and is the right age as well.
    I'd be quite ok if Cavill was picked to be the next James Bond.

Yup, he has proved himself and he would make a great bond. He also has the charisma and class off screen that charms me into wanting him as bond now.

He’ll be of a Brosnan Moore bond which is fine I guess but he’ll have to lose some weight because I think he’s too physically imposing right now. Too strong. Bond shouldn’t be that bulky
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Out of the two big superhero boys, Hemsworth comes off as more charming and just an all round better actor than Cavill.

Personally I'm hoping for more interesting casting, though...
    He’s Dutch, so can be immediately discounted, along with Fassbender (too old now) and Hardy (too short and mumbles too much).
    While ideally a fresh face who brings that special intangible to the role is desirable, With the current state of filmmaking, I think they will go with a proven commodity. I also think they will go with a more traditionally handsome actor who can be charming and kick but.
    With his time as Thor wrapping I predict that Chris Hemsworth will take over after Craig .
    For those that are against the likes of Cavill, Turner or Hemsworth, who would you pick as a potential next Bond.
    My wife likes Matthew Goode, but I fear he may be too old for Bond 26. Whilst he's no action star, Bond doesn't need to be a muscle bound hero. Goode could certainly play a more faithful to Fleming adaption of Bond I feel.
    Fassbender and Hardy I feel are the usual fan and media names that always get included, yet are never likely to land the role. Fassbender is too old, and Hardy isn't an actor who would like to commit to a franchise I believe.
    I remember Hiddleston being a huge favourite around here a few years back, yet today he rarely gets a mention. Has his stock fallen in the eyes of Bond fans?
    Matthew Goode could be a decent choice, but age is an issue (as with many of the names mentioned). Could see him just bulk up a bit, and he'd be ready to go.

Never liked the idea of Hemsworth as Bond, really. There something I find just not right there. Too "surfer dude" type?
    I remember Hiddleston being a huge favourite around here a few years back, yet today he rarely gets a mention. Has his stock fallen in the eyes of Bond fans?

I'd be quite happy to see Tom Hiddleston cast as Bond #7.
    He's a capable actor and could I feel play Bond well. He was superb in The Night Manager, though one wonders if his openness and eagerness to land the role after this may have dampened his chances. Not necessarily.
    I'd hope he still might be awarded a screentest at least.

• edited August 2018 Posts: 17,293
    Wouldn't be against Tom Hiddleston as Bond either. There are actors I rather see getting the part, but I wouldn't be negative should he be presented in a few years time. Doubt it will happen, though.
    Not meaning to be cocky, but I think it will be Aidan Turner, or Tom Hardy (but less likely). Or possibly someone completely unknown. The other options like Hemsworth and such don't really make sense to me. He just doesn't seem like a British agent to me, and that's one of the things any bond HAS to get right.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,293
    For those that are against the likes of Cavill, Turner or Hemsworth, who would you pick as a potential next Bond.
    My wife likes Matthew Goode, but I fear he may be too old for Bond 26. Whilst he's no action star, Bond doesn't need to be a muscle bound hero. Goode could certainly play a more faithful to Fleming adaption of Bond I feel.
    Fassbender and Hardy I feel are the usual fan and media names that always get included, yet are never likely to land the role. Fassbender is too old, and Hardy isn't an actor who would like to commit to a franchise I believe.

Regarding Goode - he's met Barbara Broccoli (4:40):
    Are we discussing James Bond Jr here now?
    I can’t fathom how anyone could consider Goode; he’s a fine actor but can only be described as , delicate. He’s closer to the latest incarnation of Q than Bond.
    I can’t fathom how anyone could consider Goode; he’s a fine actor but can only be described as , delicate. He’s closer to the latest incarnation of Q than Bond.

Well he was considered enough that he met with Barbara Broccoli. That's something.