The 1st Annual MI6 Community Awards *Biggest Craig Fan Nominees*

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I will be voting on how much the person actually loves Dan, and not by how much Craig-related merchandise you happened to wither money away at. Someone could have all of Dan's films and think he is tripe, so I will vote as always on how much the member idolizes the man and takes a bullet for him in defense.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I'm a gal, too. I bow down to "feisty face" but I am still a stout and strong-hearted Daniel Craig fan myself. However, I want to make sure DCisared is definitely nominated.

What DC stuff do I own? Well I own a very well worn copy of Layer Cake. It's the song that really makes it for me (the hot bedroom scene with Sienna Miller). OK and DC, natch. ;)

Thankyou very much!
    =; :D
  • I will be voting on how much the person actually loves Dan, and not by how much Craig-related merchandise you happened to wither money away at. Someone could have all of Dan's films and think he is tripe, so I will vote as always on how much the member idolizes the man and takes a bullet for him in defense.

Oh that's harsh, I buy the shades, the watch, unlike our friend DCisared I do have the QoS Harrington, all just to be like DC, seriously, my barber even keeps a current pic handy, just to make sure I'm 'DC Current' as he likes to say ( he is very gay to be fair...), honest, I'm a huge fan ..... ;-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I will be voting on how much the person actually loves Dan, and not by how much Craig-related merchandise you happened to wither money away at. Someone could have all of Dan's films and think he is tripe, so I will vote as always on how much the member idolizes the man and takes a bullet for him in defense.

Oh that's harsh, I buy the shades, the watch, unlike our friend DCisared I do have the QoS Harrington, all just to be like DC, seriously, my barber even keeps a current pic handy, just to make sure I'm 'DC Current' as he likes to say ( he is very gay to be fair...), honest, I'm a huge fan ..... ;-)
    I wasn't aiming specifically at you, and I'm sorry if you felt targeted. I just have experience with people who think just because they own someone's movies or wear similar clothing they are the said person's biggest fan. There is often to idolization there, no love for the person's talent, so that is why I have that stance.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,778

Thankyou @OBrady. I was thinking the same thing. When did this become about spending money? Some people might not be able to afford all Craig's fancy Bond apparel. But that doesn't make them any less a fan.

By that logic if I were rich and bought the Aston Martin I guess I would automatically win.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Clearly, @DaltonCraig007. The man loved Craig so much he used his name as his Alias...
    I wasn't aiming specifically at you, and I'm sorry if you felt targeted. I just have experience with people who think just because they own someone's movies or wear similar clothing they are the said person's biggest fan. There is often to idolization there, no love for the person's talent, so that is why I have that stance.

I hop, you don't include me in this category either, just because I was in a friendly challenge with him and mentioning, I flew to NY to see the play. Hell - I could haven done a Skyfall doing that ;;)
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 371
    Hang on, all of my posts in this thread were entirely good humoured and well intentioned, I wasn't having a go at anybody nor did I feel targeted, clearly that hasn't come across.
    I am a massive DC fan but I'll just bow out of this one, if people are going to criticise me for buying things DC related well I don't know what to say to that, I only posted the pics because this is a James Bond fan site and I'd rather assumed people would enjoy seeing Bond related items, I apologise if that's caused some offence.
    @Commander: Why bow out? Just have your saying and be done with it. If people are offended (which I doubt) its their problem, not yours ;) Never forgeet, this is supposed to be fun.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I knew a few would take it as a personal critique. Trust me, I don't go on the attack for spending cash on a few items. I am just saying that I know people that buy things just because they can. You hear all the time that who'sy whatsit rich guy bought an expensive painting for his study. We all know the man doesn't have any interest in the art, because he bought it to show off to the rest of his Richie Rich family members. That's all.
    Germanlady wrote:
    @Commander: Why bow out? Just have your saying and be done with it. If people are offended (which I doubt) its their problem, not yours ;) Never forgeet, this is supposed to be fun.
    Exactly, a nail on the head.
    Hang on, all of my posts in this thread were entirely good humoured and well intentioned, I wasn't having a go at anybody nor did I feel targeted, clearly that hasn't come across.
    I am a massive DC fan but I'll just bow out of this one, if people are going to criticise me for buying things DC related well I don't know what to say to that, I only posted the pics because this is a James Bond fan site and I'd rather assumed people would enjoy seeing Bond related items, I apologise if that's caused some offence.

Don´t take it personally. You seem to be a real die-hard Craig fan, and certainly not a poser. You deserve to be a nominee and to possibly win this. Please don´t bow out.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, please stay!
    And now you can say ...
    "I never left." ;)
  • Ok, sorry, I seem to have come over a little touchy this morning, I am slightly hung over to be fair, I shall stay in the competition! Maybe apple should come up with some sort of breathalyser for the iPad thus preventing me posting when there is alcohol in the system. Thanks.
    Oh, and no, it wasn't Heineken ;-)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Ok, sorry, I seem to have come over a little touchy this morning, I am slightly hung over to be fair, I shall stay in the competition! Maybe apple should come up with some sort of breathalyser for the iPad thus preventing me posting when there is alcohol in the system. Thanks.

Yay! (And yay to the nonHeineken, too.)

edited April 2012 Posts: 1,329
    Ok, sorry, I seem to have come over a little touchy this morning, I am slightly hung over to be fair, I shall stay in the competition! Maybe apple should come up with some sort of breathalyser for the iPad thus preventing me posting when there is alcohol in the system. Thanks.

U don't look like u give a damn about wether your martini is shaken or stirred ;)

• edited April 2012 Posts: 6,601

Good man, commander. I might regret it, if you beat me though. >:)
    Naaa, come on. I am a walking enzyclopedia all things Craig.
    Germanlady wrote:

Good man, commander. I might regret it, if you beat me though. >:)

Yes, but please stop touching your ear! ;)
  • Watching the BBC interview again this morning has made me even more convinced that DC is going to be awesome in Skyfall, it's going to be a long wait for October!

..and you drop the bloody weapon, Sir.
    Watching the BBC interview again this morning has made me even more convinced that DC is going to be awesome in Skyfall, it's going to be a long wait for October!

I feel, this is the Bond eyperience, he enjoys most. All is in place from the bginning and he actually knows, what he is up to.

• Germanlady wrote:
    Watching the BBC interview again this morning has made me even more convinced that DC is going to be awesome in Skyfall, it's going to be a long wait for October!

I feel, this is the Bond eyperience, he enjoys most. All is in place from the bginning and he actually knows, what he is up to.

Yes, exactly, he seems 100% happy with cast, crew, director, and I think he's intelligent enough to take on board any previous criticism, and learn from it, you can definitely tell he's a Bond fan through and through.

Germanlady wrote:

I beleve it is "holster the bloody weapon carter" hehe :D
    DCisared wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

I knew, something might eventually be wrong - but not 100% convinced. I couldn't say Carter though..

Holster? Nee - anybody without watching the scene?

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,686
    Luds wrote:
    Clearly, @DaltonCraig007. The man loved Craig so much he used his name as his Alias...

Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humour.... ;)

And how many times do I have to explain - I chose this username in 2006 when I fully supported Craig from the day he was cast and was really excited to see CR in cinemas !!
    Germanlady wrote:
    DCisared wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

I knew, something might eventually be wrong - but not 100% convinced. I couldn't say Carter though..

Holster? Nee - anybody without watching the scene?

I'm sorry for knit picking but there are CR quotes and there are CR quotes ........... :D
    ..and you are right on this one. Shame on me... :-O
    Germanlady wrote:

Haha you are forgiven because you are the ultimate skyfall news source =; :)
    DCisared wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Haha you are forgiven because you are the ultimate skyfall news source =; :)

Thanks - its been too long, since I saw the film...
    Yes you have been very busy I imagine searching for everything skyfall , and it's very much appreciated!
    Thanks, doing my best, as do lots of others...