The 1st Annual MI6 Community Awards *Biggest Craig Fan Nominees*

0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
edited April 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 28,694
Here we have it. The final Biggest Fan category for the #2 best Bond, Daniel Craig! I love him to death, but there have to be some who have gone the whole nine and made shrines of him right? @Germanlady for sure, but like all these categories, if you feel you are worthy let your presence be known, and why you should be considered.

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    i could nominate myself Again, BUT i'm already at Brozzas' :P i'm afraid idk no one that really likes craig here... many of'em seems to like the others.
    Wow, nobody is coming to mind here except for Germanlady and Brady, but the latter is probably already going to win the Connery thing.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    00Beast wrote:
    Wow, nobody is coming to mind here except for Germanlady and Brady, but the latter is probably already going to win the Connery thing.
    Yeah, you would think there would be some for Dan too at least. Why is it that you could list members on any given day, but when the information is truly needed you can't recall it??
    00Beast wrote:
    Yeah, you would think there would be some for Dan too at least. Why is it that you could list members on any given day, but when the information is truly needed you can't recall it??

Duly noted Brady! I think it's because there are shadowed fans, and by that I mean that they haven't outwardly expressed there support for Craig in the likes of DC for Roger, you for Connery, me for Moore and Brosnan, etc.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,778
    Oh comeon guys nominate me. I mean look at my profile pic. It's also my facebook profile pic which I display with great pride. Im an incurable Craig fanatic. I didn't even bring my girlfriend to the cinema for CR because I needed to sit back and absorb the greatness. Craig's Bond has pretty much become my fashion measuring stick. Vote for @DoubleOhhSeven :D
    Oh comeon guys nominate me. I mean look at my profile pic. It's also my facebook profile pic which I display with great pride. Im an incurable Craig fanatic. I didn't even bring my girlfriend to the cinema for CR because I needed to sit back and absorb the greatness. Craig's Bond has pretty much become my fashion measuring stick. Vote for @DoubleOhhSeven :D

Thought you were a Dalton man, @DoubleOhhSeven! Good to see we've got another nominee though, I thought this part of the awards were going down in flames quickly!
    00Beast wrote:

Thought you were a Dalton man, @DoubleOhhSeven! Good to see we've got another nominee though, I thought this part of the awards were going down in flames quickly!

I like Dalton very much and before CR he was my guy. But I prefer Craig's interpretation as I view it as the perfect blend of Connery and Dalton. With just a pinch of Lazenby.
    00Beast wrote:

I like Dalton very much and before CR he was my guy. But I prefer Craig's interpretation as I view it as the perfect blend of Connery and Dalton. With just a pinch of Lazenby.

And a hint of Brosnan perhaps? Haha, just kidding, I know you'd cut me down before I said that!
    00Beast wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

And a hint of Brosnan perhaps? Haha, just kidding, I know you'd cut me down before I said that!

No cutting if you nominate me. ;)
    @DoubleOhhSeven: Then I nominate you! Haha, seriously though, I do nominate you!
    I nominate myself. Defended Quantum many a times on ye old forums. ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I feel like such an arse if I nominate myself. There is just something so ungentlemanly about it for me, but I will state my case. I love Dan and his portrayal of Bond, and don't care if his bloody hair is blonde. I had seen a lot of Brosnan when I was young, but nothing I could comprehend at such a young age. GF was technically my first Bond, and not long after CR. I spent an entire weekend watching nightly reruns of the film and was mesmerized. Dan was great, and you could feel the pain through the fights and torture scenes in the film. He handled the emotion so damn well, and was very convincing, especially in QoS. It was because of CR and his performance as well as Sean's films that molded me into the fan of Bond I am presently. I can't count how many times I have defended Dan against those who said that his films lacked Flemingesque qualities, his damn hair color, and the entire film of QoS. I had to start an appreciation thread just to gather up QoS lovers to show members on here that the film IS bloody good, just flawed like all the films in its own way, and is usually smashed on based on public opinion. I cheer when I see Dan in the news, and I like him are private and respect that he keeps his personal life personal. He is a really down to earth guy, and goes the extra length for his fans, much like @marketto007 knows ;) . The mix of his great acting talent and the fact that he is a great role model for Bond fans of any age culminates in why I like him so much. He brought me back to Connery, and took the character he was playing seriously, and handled the challenge of playing Bond with class even against massive oppression. I think he has truly proved CraigNotBond.com dead wrong, and Skyfall will be amazing to see. He is the reflection of what Sean did so wonderfully for Bond and why he is held in such high esteem by me. If all this is enough, please consider me for a nomination, but I will not outright nominate myself.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    :D

Thanks for mentioning @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

xxx
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Yup Brady, there is nothing wrong with nominating ourselves, which I do now. Lets say, as a woman, my "love" surely goes deeper, then any guys could :D So - fangirldome wins over the boys..

..and thanks for your wonderful posts. Takes away my obligation to dwell on his amazing talent and his great personality. ;)

Oh and I have EVERY film he ever made including the very early ones and TV thingies he did. Now beat that...*makes a feisty face*
    Do we all now have to right extensive paragraphs as to why we should be nominated? Lol. Anyway it's my lucky 700th post so I'll elaborate.  

I've been Bond fan since I was a child when my friend's dad showed us an old VHS of MR. The rest was history and I was hooked. This was during the Brosnan era and as much as I loved all the older films, the newer ones being released during the 90s simply weren't clicking with me. I liked GE but every film after was a bigger letdown than the previous. But that wasn't going to damper my spirits for the big 40th anniversary and DAD. I went in with modest hopes thinking it doesn't need to be great but aslong as it's better than TWINE I'll be happy. Than I saw DAD. For the first time in my life I watched a Bond film for the first time and didn't feel pumped. I couldn't believe it but I thought to myself if they keep making them like this than I don't want anymore Bond films because there not living up to the high standards the series set. Or maybe it was me. Had I outgrown Bond? Was it time to move on? Either way I felt as if the good days were behind me. Afterall I’d seen all the good Bond films multiple times already. I was at home in 2005 watching Dr. No on AMC with this trivia box below. During the Crab Key dinner scene it listed the actors to have played Bond. It listed them and then changed to "...and just recently Bristish actor Daniel Craig had been cast as the 6th actor to play James Bond". Yep. I found out while watching the very first Bond film. I was already familiar with Craig's work and for the first time in a long while I was excited about the new Bond film. Leading up to CR I knew all the Craig-haters were eat their words once they saw the man in action. But even my expectations were exceeded. 

As I sat in a cinema to watch CR on it's opening weekend, I can honestly say I was never more excited to about to watch a movie. Nothing else has come close since. As the film screened from beginning to end I sat in my seat and was a kid sitting on my couch watching the old VHSs again. My favorite character in all of movies was back. Better than ever. That’s why I love Craig as Bond. Not only because he's fantastic in the part but he saved James Bond from mediocrity and made the character mean something again.

In my humble opinion ofcourse. ;)
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 4,622
    Germanlady wrote:
    Yup Brady, there is nothing wrong with nominating ourselves, which I do now. Lets say, as a woman, my "love" surely goes deeper, then any guys could :D So - fangirldome wins over the boys..

..and thanks for your wonderful posts. Takes away my obligation to dwell on his amazing talent and his great personality. ;)

Oh and I have EVERY film he ever made including the very early ones and TV thingies he did. Now beat that...*makes a feisty face*
    I officially nominate GL. It's no contest. Other nominees I think, should really content themselves with battling for first-runner up.
    Until DC disowns those blue-snuggies though, don't anyone even think about nominating me. [-(

Nominate me!

I am a Daltonator but have been a Craig fan since him playing the Jesuit spy in 'Elizabeth' and Geordie in 'Our Friends in the North'

I dont think anyone has had the charisma of Craig since Connery. When he walks through a crowd heads turn, when he fixes you with those steely blue eyes you turn to jelly and when he turns on the charm grown men go weak at the knees.

It was a casting which rescued the series which was beginning to lose its credibility and go down the sloppy route. But Craig took it by the scruff of the neck, shook it, and gave it back its dignity.

The factor that the actor is so proffessional has raised everyones game. The producers now know they have to keep him happy with the film rather then serve him any old rubbish.

Let Brosnan podders shake with fear. The man is a god.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited April 2012 Posts: 1,347
    Are these mis-posted in the News section or are they supposed to be here? I'm moving them to General since the the rest of 'em are there.
    I dig Craigster as Bond (and in other roles too), love both of his movies (the only fault in QoS is the cutting) and I have a man crush on him. :x (oops---now that came out :p I'm no gay or anything... well bi)

Although, Germanlady should win. She's the torch carrier for all things related to Craig.
    SharkBait wrote:
    I dig Craigster as Bond (and in other roles too), love both of his movies (the only fault in QoS is the cutting) and I have a man crush on him. :x (oops---now that came out :p I'm no gay or anything... well bi)

Although, Germanlady should win. She's the torch carrier for all things related to Craig.

Consider yourself nominated.

xxx

May i know what DC did for you ?
    Cheers
    I honestly couldn't name any Craig admirers on MI6 without assistance from this thread

Germanlady goes on and on about Skyfall like it's the end all and be all, and obviously favors Craig in some capacity so It makes sense (for me) to nominate her/him for this particular accolade
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    hart008 wrote:

xxx

May i know what DC did for you ?
    Cheers

Let's just say @marketto has the coolest girlfriend ever.
    I honestly couldn't name any Craig admirers on MI6 without assistance from this thread

Germanlady goes on and on about Skyfall like it's the end all and be all,

i do? I don't think, I am going ON and ON about SF and certainly not in the desperate way, you say. Just to make this clear.

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I don't feel worthy to be mentioned with these massive Craig fans but I really am a massive fan :).
    I fell in love with his portrayal of bond after I saw CR for the 1st time , to this day I have been defending him to one of my best friends who thinks Brosnan is the man. All though I feel quantum is a bit of a letdown of a bond movie I think DC is the shining light and carries the film. He's deffinatly got the swagger and charm that bond should have and it comes across as if he's relishing the role. I beleve he is the denifinitive bond!
    He's my favourite bond in my favourite bond movie CR and he gets to drive my favourite bond car (DBS) .
    I also try and look like him as I have the short hairstyle and aviator sunglasses and I'm after one of those Harrington jackets he wears in QoS haha.
    Also he supports liverpool fc which my user name try's to allude to which endears him even more as bond and lfc are very close to my heart and as my girlfriend said to me the other day when he came on BBC news "aww he's your idol babe" :D haha lot of love for DC.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 371
    Im definitely nominating myself on this one, I mean c'mon, who else actually bought a pair of these (yes 'those' trunks)....

DSC00744.jpg

or these....

DSC01409.jpg

my f/book profile pic..... ;-)

SeanBond-2.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2012 Posts: 12,459
    I'm a gal, too. I bow down to "feisty face" but I am still a stout and strong-hearted Daniel Craig fan myself. However, I want to make sure DCisared is definitely nominated.

What DC stuff do I own? Well I own a very well worn copy of Layer Cake. It's the song that really makes it for me (the hot bedroom scene with Sienna Miller). OK and DC, natch. ;)
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Im definitely nominating myself on this one, I mean c'mon, who else actually bought a pair of these (yes 'those' trunks)....

Pretty impressive, Commander :D But is that good enough to beat me to it?
    Who has 4 Tix from A Steady Rain, I ask? ;)) - together with the memories...

But its nice to be challenged. The more DC fans the better.
  • Germanlady wrote:

Pretty impressive, Commander :D But is that good enough to beat me to it?
    Who has 4 Tix from A Steady Rain, I ask? ;)) - together with the memories...

Buzt its nice to be challengd. The more DC fans the better.

Ooh, the one with the famous moustache.... I'm not saying that's a knockout blow Germanlady, but it's a solid left hook.... ;-)

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @hart008 Yep, that's it. There's also the Michael and Barbara photo on Skyfall set. :)

xxx