Would you like to see the return of JW Pepper in the Bond series?

Comments

• My point is: You Moore Whoores are so adamant that your opinion be heard, that you drown out everyone else's. And, oddly enough, DC007 is not the worst at it anymore. Sad fact is, he's becoming tolerable.

Dont upset yourself Agent007391. I've been through all emotions from incredulity to anger to doubting my own sanity. I've now learned just to laugh at 007RogerMoore much as you would the village idiot. Far better for your blood pressure old chap than pointlessly letting yourself get wound up by his inanities.

I have to wonder sometimes if 007 Roger Moore is the legendary Scashy! I miss that guy. He was the greatest Moore fan ever on this board, no one can touch him for being both "over the top" and actually funny at the same time.

Did ya miss me DC?
    My point is: You Moore Whoores are so adamant that your opinion be heard, that you drown out everyone else's. And, oddly enough, DC007 is not the worst at it anymore. Sad fact is, he's becoming tolerable.

Dont upset yourself Agent007391. I've been through all emotions from incredulity to anger to doubting my own sanity. I've now learned just to laugh at 007RogerMoore much as you would the village idiot. Far better for your blood pressure old chap than pointlessly letting yourself get wound up by his inanities.

I have to wonder sometimes if 007 Roger Moore is the legendary Scashy! I miss that guy. He was the greatest Moore fan ever on this board, no one can touch him for being both "over the top" and actually funny at the same time.

Did ya miss me DC?

I´m sorry, but I am not. You could perhaps consider me his replacement.

• edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    JW could help Bond fight a big droid army. The villian wants to be the only living creature left on earth (one of my Bond films, "The Man With The Golden Goldfinger", has this plot, bare JW).

Link to the movie:

I've got nothing to do for maybe 35 minutes so may as well get involved

If people want Pepper back, then any ideas about having (Clifton) James back for the first time since 1974 are so remote I have trouble even saying it

Therefore, we should be looking towards a variation of the character. Obviously not James himself but someone who is merely a suitable candidate

Even so, bringing back this character again, is like Blofeld, simply not necessary. If I wanted to see James or Pepper again it would of been in subsequent releases after 1974, maybe in Spy or Moonraker which would of been interesting, but the very idea of a reintroduction from a 21st century perspective seems dead in the water
    Kennon wrote:
    Kennon wrote:
    Awful character. Appeals a bit to the ladies (or whatever you wanna call 'em) but that's about it. Good riddance, Sheriff.

Really? What ladies do you hang around with where a 60 year old, 20 stone redneck is considered a catch? I dont think this reflects well on your prowess with the fairer sex Kennon.
    Are you writing this from a trailer park waiting for your next Dominos to be delivered?

No, didn't mean actual ladies there, to the contrary. It's a common use of 'ladies' that's not exactly what you'd call flattering.

Perhaps the Moore whores?

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Did ya miss me DC?

I never miss a David Arnold fan...........

No seriously, I was wondering where you'd gone ! :)
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Did ya miss me DC?

I never miss a David Arnold fan...........

No seriously, I was wondering where you'd gone ! :)

Always on Bond sabbatical between November and March. Obviously with Skyfall coming, I'll be here a lot more until at least January.

Besides, Zkid is doing just fine defending Arnold and saying what I would say as a fellow musician. No need to argue anyway since Newman is doing the music this time around.

At least I know the new score will be better than Serra

:P
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I also would have loved to see more of the AVTAK cop, and also the DAF cop.

Maybe I'm wrong, but is the AVTAK cop Alan from Die Hard 1 and 2??? I remember he looked like him. I'm gonna search that in a minute. EDIT- It isn't. They don't even look the same, the AVTAK cop was white. It's been a while since I saw the film.

My point is: You Moore Whoores are so adamant that your opinion be heard, that you drown out everyone else's. And, oddly enough, DC007 is not the worst at it anymore. Sad fact is, he's becoming tolerable.

Hahahaha, Moore whores, that's hilarious. Oh yeah, and if you read the football/liverpool/ap thread, you'll see that bond isn't the only thing 007RM has wierd opinions on. I think he might actually be insane ;)

Maybe I'm wrong, but is the AVTAK cop Alan from Die Hard 1 and 2??? I remember he looked like him. I'm gonna search that in a minute. EDIT- It isn't. They don't even look the same, the AVTAK cop was white. It's been a while since I saw the film.

Hahahaha, Moore whores, that's hilarious. Oh yeah, and if you read the football/liverpool/ap thread, you'll see that bond isn't the only thing 007RM has wierd opinions on. I think he might actually be insane ;)

My brain is insane...No, actually I am so intelligent that I realise that the Moore era is the best and Moore is number one. Everybody with unusually high IQ thinks so. ;) All hail TMWTGG!

My brain is insane...No, actually I am so intelligent that I realise that the Moore era is the best and Moore is number one. Everybody with unusually high IQ thinks so. ;) All hail TMWTGG!

I do like Moore, but I like Brosnan and Connery better (both are tied at no 2 in my ranking). But there is one man, that nobody can, and nobody will beat...

TimothyDalton.jpg

Timothy-Dalton-Bond_240.jpg
    I do love that signature gun. The gadgets in LTK were amazing.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

*Sits 007RogerMoore down on a couch, takes out a clipboard and sits on a chair*

Dr. Agent007391: Tell me about your mazur. Vas she an avid fan ov ze Moore? Vere you dropped on your head az a child?

*007RogerMoore weeps for a moment before falling asleep, Dr. Agent007391 takes out a tape recorder*

Dr. Agent007391: Ze patient zuffers from extreme psychosis, and delusions stemming from a repressed childhood, and it iz in zis doctor'z opinion zat he must take a break from ze Roger Moore Bond filmz and watch ze ozer onez.
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    I appreciate your imagination and nostalgic memories , but to answer the question, no..but....if they made his character fit, in tremendous physical shape and made him somewhat of a shady / in the shadows type guy that scouts out the area for bond, ide be totally down for it.
    Yep sure, bring back a new version of Pepper or something similar. Lighten these new films up a bit!
    i have actually got some very bad news.

J W Pepper died in 1974

After his immersion in a Bangkok canal he swallowed some of the water. A dead dog had floated by twenty minutes before and its rotting residue was still in the water and was ingested by our portly law enforcer. Though fine when he got back to the Nerai hotel the bacillus/infection took effect as he was being driven to the airport by a 'little brown pointyhead'

After a terrible flight back to N'awlins airport where he hogged the toilet with his spew. He was rushed to the Jimmy Swaggart hospital and treated. Unfortunately it had an effect on his system and the Doctors were unable to save him.

His last words were "medicare! Thats for commies! And dont give me any black nurses!"

James Bond sent carnations to the funeral.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    actonsteve wrote:
    i have actually got some very bad news.

J W Pepper died in 1974

After his immersion in a Bangkok canal he swallowed some of the water. A dead dog had floated by twenty minutes before and its rotting residue was still in the water and was ingested by our portly law enforcer. Though fine when he got back to the Nerai hotel the bacillus/infection took effect as he was being driven to the airport by a 'little brown pointyhead'

After a terrible flight back to N'awlins airport where he hogged the toilet with his spew. He was rushed to the Jimmy Swaggart hospital and treated. Unfortunately it had an effect on his system and the Doctors were unable to save him.

His last words were "medicare! Thats for commies! And dont give me any black nurses!"

James Bond sent carnations to the funeral.

This is indeed tragic but dont be despondent chaps.

How about 'Son of Pepper' for SF?

They did it with Quarrel. Question is who could pull off playing JW Jr?
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 11,189
    How about a spin off film where all the 'naff' characters team up? That way we can satisfy the more "quirky" fanbase but not destroy the credability of the Bond franchise.

Jinx and JW will be the main stars but other characters include Charles Grey's Blofeld, (I'm sure we can get a lookalike from somewhere) Mary Goodnight, Xmas Jones and Mr Kil.

That would be to die for.
  • :)) yup, hope they bring back Jaws, accompanied by Dolly, along with Ms. Goodnight and Rosie Carver while they join Craig in a beer to celebrate the 50th anniversary yeepieeedeedledooo!!! <):)
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Jaws wouldn't need to be there. He's passable. Dolly definitely ;)
    BAIN123 wrote:
    How about a spin off film where all the 'naff' characters team up? That way we can satisfy the more "quirky" fanbase but not destroy the credability of the Bond franchise.

Jinx and JW will be the main stars but other characters include Charles Grey's Blofeld, (I'm sure we can get a lookalike from somewhere) Mary Goodnight, Xmas Jones and Mr Kil.

That would be to die for.

Good idea. Perhaps we should call it "The Bond films are not enough".
  • You do realize I'm joking right? :-S
    ohhh ohh ooh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    :)) yup, hope they bring back Jaws, accompanied by Dolly, along with Ms. Goodnight and Rosie Carver while they join Craig in a beer to celebrate the 50th anniversary yeepieeedeedledooo!!! <):)

I read this and just assumed it was 007RogerMoore. Thats a pretty good impersonation SmiertSpionom. 007RM would be at the head of the queue to buy a ticket if that monstrosity ever hit the cinema.
  • No kidding, I've only been here for four days and I know that would be so true. He would start a topic on how this movie changed his life and how he can't wait for the sequel, which could feature Little Nellie.
    :)) yup, hope they bring back Jaws, accompanied by Dolly, along with Ms. Goodnight and Rosie Carver while they join Craig in a beer to celebrate the 50th anniversary yeepieeedeedledooo!!! <):)

I read this and just assumed it was 007RogerMoore. Thats a pretty good impersonation SmiertSpionom. 007RM would be at the head of the queue to buy a ticket if that monstrosity ever hit the cinema.

Being completely honest, I would watch the premiere of this, as I always do with Bond films.

• DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    bring back Rosa klebbs daughter and have her played by Ellen degenneris, but this time a bullet comes out of her upper coat button. Craig as Bond would have a brutal gritty showdown in the final fight scene and strangle her to death.
  • I genuinely think if Daniel Craig had been in TMWTGG he'd of beaten old JW to death and shoved him in the trunk, just to shut him up....
    I genuinely think if Daniel Craig had been in TMWTGG he'd of beaten old JW to death and shoved him in the trunk, just to shut him up....

DC probably would have decked the kunf fu fighting schoolgirls as well!

Seriously though, maybe DC could do with an amusing character just to play off in a few scenes?
  • I genuinely think if Daniel Craig had been in TMWTGG he'd of beaten old JW to death and shoved him in the trunk, just to shut him up....

DC probably would have decked the kunf fu fighting schoolgirls as well!

Seriously though, maybe DC could do with an amusing character just to play off in a few scenes?

Oh he could definitely do with lightening up a bit, maybe Q (or B?) will be amusing..
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I think there can be humour for Craig's Bond... but EON must be very careful - Sir Rog humour won't work. I think they should really work closely with DC himself to find the lines and gags that suit him the most. Yes Craig can be humourous, but not all humour works with him.
This discussion has been closed.