Would you like to see the return of JW Pepper in the Bond series?

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Pepper was a terrible addition to the two films he was in (not that they would ever have turned out good). Please, for the love of god, don't pollute the series with him ever again.

So you imply that TMWTGG is bad? Just for your information, that film is still to be topped, not just in the Bond series, but in the movie industry. And JW Pepper was awesome.

EVERYBODY HAS OPINIONS. Why are those who can't seem to grasp that concept without sparking a fiery debate still here?

Notice also, it's primarily Moore Whoores.
    Awful character. Appeals a bit to the ladies (or whatever you wanna call 'em) but that's about it. Good riddance, Sheriff.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Pepper was a terrible addition to the two films he was in (not that they would ever have turned out good). Please, for the love of god, don't pollute the series with him ever again.

So you imply that TMWTGG is bad? Just for your information, that film is still to be topped, not just in the Bond series, but in the movie industry. And JW Pepper was awesome.

EVERYBODY HAS OPINIONS. Why are those who can't seem to grasp that concept without sparking a fiery debate still here?

Well, if everybody agreed and no one started a debate, this place would likely have been boring.

I also would have loved to see more of the AVTAK cop, and also the DAF cop.
    You are kidding right??????????????
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    mrhatsuka wrote:
    You are kidding right??????????????

With the AVTAK cop? Absolutely not. He was insanely great, just like AVTAK itself.

• MrBondMrBond Station S

I'm sorry but i didn't find anything great with him. Just plain boring and written in to get some " 80's american action television show " humour.
    Perhaps during a car chase in SKyfall, Bond is flying through the streets in his latest motor, a car pulls up next to him with Sir Rog and JW Pepper who are in the middle of creating some totally random carnage, cue one raised eyebrow and shoot back to DC and the current mission!
    MrBond wrote:

I'm sorry but i didn't find anything great with him. Just plain boring and written in to get some " 80's american action television show " humour.

I just love it when his car gets demolished. As a matter of fact, that whole chase sequence is excellent.

Perhaps during a car chase in SKyfall, Bond is flying through the streets in his latest motor, a car pulls up next to him with Sir Rog and JW Pepper who are in the middle of creating some totally random carnage, cue one raised eyebrow and shoot back to DC and the current mission!

That would be funny, especially if it was kept a surprise until the movie is released.

The very fact that this is a thread is laughable :)) =))
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Just like the rest of AVTAK i find that car chase very dull and over pretending. With an old Moore hangning onto the firetruck and Stacy drives it. It doesen't works for me.
    MrBond wrote:
    Just like the rest of AVTAK i find that car chase very dull and over pretending. With an old Moore hangning onto the firetruck and Stacy drives it. It doesen't works for me.

I think perhaps if one takes it seriously and realistically, it lacks in both those departments. But it´s a funny Bond film, for me. "That should lead them on the wrong track". =))
    I just want Q'ute the one thing that Gardner did change that was a fun idea.

Yeah, and I'd love to have seen much more of the Moon Crater Guard who was tragically under used. :-B
    BAIN123 wrote:
    The very fact that this is a thread is laughable :)) =))

Intelligent discussions like this one is what these forums are all about. :D
    bondsum wrote:

Yeah, and I'd love to have seen much more of the Moon Crater Guard who was tragically under used. :-B

Which movie? YOLT? If it is I agree.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 3,333
    bondsum wrote:

Nope, DAF. You're thinking of Volcano Crater Guard who I disliked immensely!!

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    MrBond wrote:

I think perhaps if one takes it seriously and realistically, it lacks in both those departments. But it´s a funny Bond film, for me. "That should lead them on the track". =))

I am covinced that Dalton should have made AVTAK. It does fit him more i think.
    bondsum wrote:
    bondsum wrote:

Nope, DAF.

I´d like to see more of him too. That whole sequence, from Klaus Hergesheimer to the moon buggy chase, is so good I can´t even describe it.

bondsum wrote:
    bondsum wrote:

Nope, DAF.

I´d like to see more of him too. That whole sequence, from Klaus Hergesheimer to the moon buggy chase, is so good I can´t even describe it.

Though I'm split between the W Technologies Gate Guard as to whom I'd like to see more of.
    bondsum wrote:
    bondsum wrote:
    bondsum wrote:

Nope, DAF.

Though I'm split between the W Technologies Gate Guard as to whom I'd like to see more of.

The "it´s gone berserk" guy? Also good. Hard to choose.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Kennon wrote:
    Awful character. Appeals a bit to the ladies (or whatever you wanna call 'em) but that's about it. Good riddance, Sheriff.

Really? What ladies do you hang around with where a 60 year old, 20 stone redneck is considered a catch? I dont think this reflects well on your prowess with the fairer sex Kennon.
    Are you writing this from a trailer park waiting for your next Dominos to be delivered?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Well, if everybody agreed and no one started a debate, this place would likely have been boring.

My point is: You Moore Whoores are so adamant that your opinion be heard, that you drown out everyone else's. And, oddly enough, DC007 is not the worst at it anymore. Sad fact is, he's becoming tolerable.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    My point is: You Moore Whoores are so adamant that your opinion be heard, that you drown out everyone else's. And, oddly enough, DC007 is not the worst at it anymore. Sad fact is, he's becoming tolerable.

Dont upset yourself Agent007391. I've been through all emotions from incredulity to anger to doubting my own sanity. I've now learned just to laugh at 007RogerMoore much as you would the village idiot. Far better for your blood pressure old chap than pointlessly letting yourself get wound up by his inanities.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Yes 007RogerMoore is a bit extreme with his opinions... Even myself have a hard time taking his posts seriously... yes I love Moore, but 007RM really seems to push the bounderies of controversial opinions.
    Kennon wrote:

Really? What ladies do you hang around with where a 60 year old, 20 stone redneck is considered a catch? I dont think this reflects well on your prowess with the fairer sex Kennon.
    Are you writing this from a trailer park waiting for your next Dominos to be delivered?

No, didn't mean actual ladies there, to the contrary. It's a common use of 'ladies' that's not exactly what you'd call flattering.

Holy crap, I started laughing hard. It sounds like I´m a complete idiot.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

First JWestbrook, and now you. I seem to be upsettingly charming.

• As someone in the minority who enjoys good ole J.W, I wouldn't want to see him back. Clifton James was a comedic genius who was perfect for Moore's Bond and style of film at the time, much in the same way that Coltrane was right for Brosnan and Giannini for Craig. They are both much too old to use without making a complete mockery of the series.
This discussion has been closed.