Would you like to see the return of JW Pepper in the Bond series?

Comments

JW and Nick Nack should return, albeit with new actors. Richard Kiel could still be Jaws though.
    Pepper was a terrible addition to the two films he was in (not that they would ever have turned out good). Please, for the love of god, don't pollute the series with him ever again.

So you imply that TMWTGG is bad? Just for your information, that film is still to be topped, not just in the Bond series, but in the movie industry. And JW Pepper was awesome.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    When was LALD made? 1973? TMWGG made? 1975?
    I'm just happy he is still alive and has that same smile.
    But no, his time for the character was back in the 80's. They could have brought him back one more time easily, but alas, did not.
    People really like this character or loathe him. I was amused by him (but I could not take larger doses; a little JW Peppah goes a long way).
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Pepper was a terrible addition to the two films he was in (not that they would ever have turned out good). Please, for the love of god, don't pollute the series with him ever again.

So you imply that TMWTGG is bad? Just for your information, that film is still to be topped, not just in the Bond series, but in the movie industry. And JW Pepper was awesome.

Bad? That's an understatement, it's insipid.

You must have some personal problem with the movie. I don´t think it´s possible to dislike it if one looks at it objectively.

• edited April 2012 Posts: 5,745

EVERYBODY HAS OPINIONS. Why are those who can't seem to grasp that concept without sparking a fiery debate still here? If you don't like what they have to say:

the most you should do is say, 'hey man, that's your opinion and all, be mindful'
    and the least you sould do is what I do and move on.

SHEESH. 'For your information' should never be followed with an opinion.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

EVERYBODY HAS OPINIONS. Why are those who can't seem to grasp that concept without sparking a fiery debate still here? If you don't like what they have to say:

the most you should do is say, 'hey man, that's your opinion and all, be mindful'
    and the least you sould do is what I do and move on.

SHEESH. 'For your information' should never be followed with an opinion.

You know, for real I accept his opinion. I´m just defending the movie in a not so serious manner, because of the fun of it. I´d never seriously state that my opinion is a fact. Never!

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,894

You must have some personal problem with the movie. I don´t think it´s possible to dislike it if one looks at it objectively.

I loathe the entire Moore era, but TSWLM is the only film of his that's anywhere near bearable for me to sit through.

1. TSWLM
    2. OP
    3. LALD
    4. FYEO
    5. MR
    6. TMWTGG
    7. AVTAK

I loathe the entire Moore era, but TSWLM is the only film of his that's anywhere near bearable for me to sit through.

1. TSWLM
    2. OP
    3. LALD
    4. FYEO
    5. MR
    6. TMWTGG
    7. AVTAK

I´m not gonna tell you how wrong you are, as some people will hang me if I do, but I still think to myself "how is this possible". All those movies are in my top 10.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I do not have any sorts of bad opinions about JW Pepper, i think he is kinda fun in the movies he is appearing in. But he will not fit in a movie made in the 21st century. He is so " stereotypical " so people will just think, what is this. The same with NicNac, yeah sure back in the 70's but not now. Times have changed and so has Bond and it's charachters!
    Yes, but I still would have loved to see Craig use Little Nellie and then be assisted by JW. And I hope the gadgets return in SF.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    The gadgets are to return in SF in some direction. Thats why they have putted in B into the script!
    MrBond wrote:
    The gadgets are to return in SF in some direction. Thats why they have putted in B into the script!

Great news! BTW, who or what is B?

MrBond wrote:

Great news! BTW, who or what is B?

Major spoiler alert:
    Ben Wishaw's Q character's supposed name
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited April 2012 Posts: 2,044
    B is presumably the Gadgetmaster which Ben Whishaw is going to play. Probably a shorter word for Boothroyd
    Aha, thanks. Now that is great news!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Oh indeed!
  • NO. ;)
    NO. ;)

Hot damn, boy! It seems very few Bond fans want him back...

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    NO. ;)

Hot damn, boy! It seems very few Bond fans want him back...

THERE CAN'T BE A CONNECTION, COULD THERE?? *Sarcasm alert*
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 23
    Yes, but I still would have loved to see Craig use Little Nellie and then be assisted by JW. And I hope the gadgets return in SF.

Why would you want to see Craig in that silly little toy? Seeing Sean wearing that white Polo helmet with a camera (or whatever it was) wasn't enough for you? Honestly don't you think someone could take that thing down with like a single bullet?
    Plus, seeing a senile JW in a wheelchair is going to make him look even more useless than he already was. "Now pay attention boy, this here is one of them old Gyrocopters, you hear? Heeeyaww!! <):)
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 23
    yeehaww! looks like I got a little carried away and made a double post there. Sorry I'm still used to the old thread. Now there's another reason to dislike JayDabaya.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Each entitled to his own opinion etc, etc blah blah blah but just have a look at what 007RogerMoore has written there:

That TMWTGG is the best film EVER MADE!!?!??!?

Thats not an opinion thats the result of the kind of cranial trauma you receive when someone drops an anvil on you from 10 storeys up.

You have surpassed yourself this time 007RogerMoore.

Back to JW - cant believe I'm saying this but I wouldnt be entirely averse to a tiny cameo in SF.

Let me qualify that - just a single shot (no more than say 3 seconds long) of him standing outside Buck house or Big Ben dressed up like a stereotypical American tourist that the fans would notice but the general public wouldnt necessarily. I wouldnt let him have any lines though. Well maybe just saying to a bobby 'how about a picture boy?' or something - but that would be it. Just a little wink to the fans like the brief shot of the ark in KOTCS.

Also while we're at it why not dig up that bloke who looks at his bottle from TSWLM, MR and FYEO? Again just a 3 second shot.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Obviously you have a specific taste in Bond films that few people - very few people - can agree with. ;-)

As for TMWTGG... Are you merely saying this to please DC007 or are you trying to stir up some controversy? OR are you indeed convinced that this film with one of the weakest, most logic defying scripts, cooked up in no time for the mere sake of thriving on the success of LALD, presenting a lead girl who is an insult to the character from Fleming's novel and giving Bond a climactic battle with a midget, is the epitome of filmmaking? Seriously, if you think this is the best film ever made, you either haven't seen a lot of films or you've only picked the worst of the worst. Now, I'm not saying TMWTGG isn't an entertaining film. There are plenty of things in it I can enjoy. But to lift it above the likes of FRWL, TB, OHMSS, ... all of them films which to the trained movie goer are more competently made and better scripted , and which to loyal Fleming readers are a lot closer to the source material than TMWTGG, is particularly ... unusual.

• edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    MrBond wrote:
    B is presumably the Gadgetmaster which Ben Whishaw is going to play. Probably a shorter word for Boothroyd
    I would've preferred him to be called Q, but at least this way if he's crap then he doesn't tarnish Desmond and Cleese's legacy
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    DarthDimi wrote:

Obviously you have a specific taste in Bond films that few people - very few people - can agree with. ;-)

As for TMWTGG... Are you merely saying this to please DC007 or are you trying to stir up some controversy? OR are you indeed convinced that this film with one of the weakest, most logic defying scripts, cooked up in no time for the mere sake of thriving on the success of LALD, presenting a lead girl who is an insult to the character from Fleming's novel and giving Bond a climactic battle with a midget, is the epitome of filmmaking? Seriously, if you think this is the best film ever made, you either haven't seen a lot of films or you've only picked the worst of the worst. Now, I'm not saying TMWTGG isn't an entertaining film. There are plenty of things in it I can enjoy. But to lift it above the likes of FRWL, TB, OHMSS, ... all of them films which to the trained movie goer are more competently made and better scripted , and which to loyal Fleming readers are a lot closer to the source material than TMWTGG, is particularly ... unusual.

I am completely honest about TMWTGG being by far my favorite movie. It has everything, except for gadgets. It just hit the jackpot. And you can ask Mr.Bond, whom I have known for a long time, and you will find out that I stated this fact one year ago in the swedish forum. It´s just that me and DC007 realise the greatness in the movie. If you don´t believe me about Crab_Of_Doom being my twin brother, he can witness about it too.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    MrBond wrote:
    I would've preferred him to be called Q, but at least this way if he's crap then he doesn't tarnish Desmond and Cleese's legacy

This is rubbish. First R now this. They called Judi Dench M so why cant we just say this guy is the new Q and call him Q.
    And I'm still not sure about the wisdom of casting a young Q. Seen it in XXX and MI and its conspicuously trying to appeal to the young generation rather than have an old professor type person a la Desmond.

Why would you want to see Craig in that silly little toy? Seeing Sean wearing that white Polo helmet with a camera (or whatever it was) wasn't enough for you? Honestly don't you think someone could take that thing down with like a single bullet?
    Plus, seeing a senile JW in a wheelchair is going to make him look even more useless than he already was. "Now pay attention boy, this here is one of them old Gyrocopters, you hear? Heeeyaww!! <):)

Seing Connery in it was good, but it would make a great sequence in SF if he used it again and was attacked my MIGs or whatever.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    MrBond wrote:

This is rubbish. First R now this. They called Judi Dench M so why cant we just say this guy is the new Q and call him Q.
    And I'm still not sure about the wisdom of casting a young Q. Seen it in XXX and MI and its conspicuously trying to appeal to the young generation rather than have an old professor type person a la Desmond.
    I think it's far more realistic if a guy in his mid- 20's are handling the tecnology for MI6 then a old man. This is à way to reintroduce the gadget master and not do him to Q.
    And the actor can play the part for a long time now when he is young. I only wish that John Cleese got more chances to play Q. Now he is perhaps too long in the tooth.
This discussion has been closed.