Bond movies' Worst quotes ever

Comments

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    mrhatsuka wrote:
    DCisared wrote:
    DAD- " they feast , like there's no tomorrow" in fact that whole bloody converstaion between bond and jinx

In fact any conversation with Bond and Jinx!

Correct! ^:)^
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    ok maybe Jinx was annoying as hell, but boy is she a hot woman. wouldn't mind a one night stand with her (*)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    ReneMathis wrote:
    Also "That'll keep you in curry for a while" - Unnecessary in 1983 and squeamishly uncomfortable viewing now

Call me racist and un-PC if you like but this line always gets a chuckle out of me. Possibly because its so cringeworthy. I dont find it anywhere near as objectionable as 'Fetch my shoes'.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    ReneMathis wrote:
    Also "That'll keep you in curry for a while" - Unnecessary in 1983 and squeamishly uncomfortable viewing now

Call me racist and un-PC if you like but this line always gets a chuckle out of me. Possibly because its so cringeworthy. I dont find it anywhere near as objectionable as 'Fetch my shoes'.

It seems we agree again ! I've never had any problem with the curry line, au contraire, it makes me laugh.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote:
    "Never argue with a woman, they're always right".

We're a long way from the sexist rant Bond gives on the pages of CR. Fleming would be spinning in his grave.
    What film is that from?
    "It's time to get out," from QOS.

The whole chase that preceded seemed to set this quote up...and all we get is 'It's time to get out'??? That's it? Call me crazy but that line was a "quite a letdown". (AVTAK anyone?) :D
    BAIN123 wrote:
    "Never argue with a woman, they're always right".

We're a long way from the sexist rant Bond gives on the pages of CR. Fleming would be spinning in his grave.
    What film is that from?

TND when Wai Lin throws Bond the detonators at the end in order to blow up the missle and the ship.
    SJK91 wrote:
    "It's time to get out," from QOS.

The whole chase that preceded seemed to set this quote up...and all we get is 'It's time to get out'??? That's it? Call me crazy but that line was a "quite a letdown". (AVTAK anyone?) :D

Everytime I watch that scene this is my face :|
    mrhatsuka wrote:
    DCisared wrote:
    DAD- " they feast , like there's no tomorrow" in fact that whole bloody converstaion between bond and jinx

Hahaha, indeed!

Jinx: "At least we're going to die rich! Hahaha!" (laughs maniacally as if she's going mad)
    00Beast wrote:
    mrhatsuka wrote:
    DCisared wrote:

Hahaha, indeed!

Jinx: "At least we're going to die rich! Hahaha!" (laughs maniacally as if she's going mad)

But then Brosnan rolls his eyes and looks at her like she's crazy while saying something like "oh yea...". That always gets a chuckle out of me
    ok maybe Jinx was annoying as hell, but boy is she a hot woman. wouldn't mind a one night stand with her (*)

I'd rather have a one night stand with John Wayne Bobbitt's estranged wife than with the Berry character from Die Another Day, there's always been an instant dislike to her for as long as I can remember, I usually just turn off audio whenever she's on screen. A most nauseating character, she's the 21st century equivalent of Tanya Roberts

'At least we're going down together', I'll add that (from her) if it hasn't already been mentioned

I've never had a problem with 'Quarrel fetch my shoes', 'That will keep you in curry for a while' or 'We had some trouble at the airport', really, there's no harm done there

Lamora in License to Kill - (thespian award coming up)

'I love James so much' , I was almost choking back the vomit

I wanted to add Franz Sanchez from that film too , (kisses his Iguana) 'Do you want one too'

Jaws in Moonraker 'Well here's to us'

I could be here all night with this in actual fact, but not going to, one more will suffice for now

'Does anyone else want to drop out', Max Zorin, A View to a Kill

Yes, some of those were pretty painful
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 165
    ReneMathis wrote:

I agree. However "Fetch my shoes" came in 1962 - a time where this was generally perceived as acceptable. The curry line in OP came 21 years later and standards of acceptability had changed by then. To showcase what a wonderful place India is. as they did, and then drop this in was poor. This somewhat dates what is a cracking movie.
  • Come, come, a Bond film without the odd clunky one-liner simply wouldn't be a Bond film. The public expects them. The question is always: did the actor get away with it? Connery and Moore seemed to get away with it through sheer force of personality, timing and screen presence. Moore once said, the difference between the two, was that Connery would 'throw away' the throw away remark, while Moore would deliberately telegraph it, with a twinkle. Both styles worked well. They both made the odd clunker work, but I confess not all Bond actors had that knack.

I would argue that some of the lines quoted here actually worked quite well in context. The Zorin 'drop out' line in particular is a rather harsh addition, in my opinion.

What did not work, in any context, is a line already quoted in this thread. The execrable delivery of Lamora in Licence To Kill: "I love James so much!" Not even I am willing to have a go at defending THAT one! Ugh.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Just wondering, was anyone sad that there was no Jinx film as was rumoured in 2002?

I'm sure @wizardofice would have been first in the queue ;)
    HASEROT wrote:
    ReneMathis wrote:
    Siiit. To the tiger in Octopussy, laziest gag in the Bondosphere by a mile.

it wasn't a quote - but i can do you one better than that awful gag.....

tarzan yell and vine swing... from the very same movie.

Absolutely

Come, come, a Bond film without the odd clunky one-liner simply wouldn't be a Bond film. The public expects them. The question is always: did the actor get away with it? Connery and Moore seemed to get away with it through sheer force of personality, timing and screen presence. Moore once said, the difference between the two, was that Connery would 'throw away' the throw away remark, while Moore would deliberately telegraph it, with a twinkle. Both styles worked well. They both made the odd clunker work, but I confess not all Bond actors had that knack.

I would argue that some of the lines quoted here actually worked quite well in context. The Zorin 'drop out' line in particular is a rather harsh addition, in my opinion.

What did not work, in any context, is a line already quoted in this thread. The execrable delivery of Lamora in Licence To Kill: "I love James so much!" Not even I am willing to have a go at defending THAT one! Ugh.

Lupe's line was soooooo bad, it got mocked in its own movie!!! :))
    Octopussy line of "siiittt" to the Tiger all the way for me! And that damn Tarzan yell...AAARRGGHH!!

edited March 2012 Posts: 15,692
    ohmss40 wrote:
    Octopussy line of "siiittt" to the Tiger all the way for me! And that damn Tarzan yell...AAARRGGHH!!

Oh c'mon ! The jungle scenes in OP are cult classic !!

http://screenmusings.org/Octopussy/pages/Oct_428.htm

Classic maybe...classically cheesy!!
    ohmss40 wrote:

'entertaining' is the word I'd use ;)
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 44
    ohmss40 wrote:

'entertaining' is the word I'd use ;)

Ok it makes me smile....but for all the wrong reasons...
    I'm not sure if I got this right, but,
    "Has Mr. Bond been explaining to you his big bang theory?"
    "I think I got the thrust of it."

UGGGGGGGH WHY.
    jackdagger wrote:

UGGGGGGGH WHY.

If you watch closely Pierce gives an annoyed look right after that exchange. :))
    jackdagger wrote:

UGGGGGGGH WHY.

Erm, perhaps because it was a pathetic script

BAIN123 wrote:
    Just wondering, was anyone sad that there was no Jinx film as was rumoured in 2002?

I'm sure @wizardofice would have been first in the queue ;)

Absolutely. I think its a great mistake on EONs part that they didnt go ahead with this. I'm sure the studio was up for it.

Jinx was a strong female character and was popular with the public - I reckon this could have been a goer. Would be interesting to see the first draft script that P & W wote.
    They could have released a Bond film and a Jinx film in alternate years. Would have brought in some decent money as if you recall DAD went down pretty well at the time and they could have had Bond and Jonx popping up with cameos in each others films.

A real missed oppurtunity.
    Bond and Jonx

:((
    Bond and Jonx

:((

Jonx is from the McClory rival franchise!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    "I thought Christmas only comes once a year." = crass

"I feel a slight stiffness coming on...in the shoulder." = clever
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Anyone else see a stark connection between horrible Bond quotes and Pierce's films?? /:)
    Anyone else see a stark connection between horrible Bond quotes and Pierce's films?? /:)

It wasn't all him. The writing is the skeleton of the film.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

It wasn't all him. The writing is the skeleton of the film.
    I know, I'm just picking. I at least wanted Jinx to just die in DAD more than Bond. She's like Jason Vorhees. She just doesn't DIE!!!