Talking about being Politically Correct !

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    royale65 wrote: »
    Just popping back in to say that the internet trolls are actually right on this one. If I punched a guy I would expect to receive the same punishment in court as I would if I shot and killed him. It's only logical. You win this round, snowflakes, right in time for Christmas!

Punching hurts. Killing is painless. Surely the former is much worse.

Depends on the method of killing old boy.

Brady shoots them in the head. Decent.
    Bond's a poser. I'm the one who is the true half monk/half hitman killer.
    Or maybe he goes all Grant on them, and shoots them in the knees before they kiss his foot.
    I don't know what you're talking about, old boy...
    grant61.jpg?w=340&h=248

Don't you mean, "old man"?
    Thundy already ragged on you about the bread thing in another thread, so I thought that might be pushing it too much. I respect my elders. ;)
    I was watching a repeat of a classic documentary last night about Group B rallying and there were some great interviews with Michele Mouton. What a fantastic role model for young woman. Confident, talented and had the ambition to drive a car rather than stand in front of it with a stick.

Re the pit girls, I agree about asking them. But my question would be:
    "Look around you at the professionals here. Drivers, technicians, team managers, marketing execs, HR managers, brand reps, PR reps etc etc. Would you rather be on their wages, have their education, have their qualifications and their experience, have their respect and have their long term career prospects...or would you rather stand on the grid wearing a bikini and holding a stick whilst middle aged men look at you breasts and backside until they all start to sag and you are replaced by a newer model. "
    If the answer is the latter, fair enough.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    476C084F00000578-5189771-image-a-66_1513577656335.jpg

*sigh*
    Is that genuine???
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    patb wrote: »
    Is that genuine???

Looks like a Facebook post, so you can be damn sure it's genuine, sadly. What's the world coming to?
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    476C084F00000578-5189771-image-a-66_1513577656335.jpg

*sigh*

Unfortunately, she's already procreated.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Also my laptop sucks. I'm thinking of throwing it down the bloody stairs.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Also my laptop sucks. I'm thinking of throwing it down the bloody stairs.
    Haven't you heard, @royale65? Computers have feelings too. Don't be so fascistic, you uncultured hound!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Even by this country's increasingly depressing standards this surely represents an all time low?
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 4,600
    A few years ago, this would have been a send up, and now it's reality. An army is basically, a trained group of professional killers. Not a group of individuals seeking greater respect and equality than they can find on civi street.

The first comment on youtube makes a great point: Muslims and homosexuals fighting together on the front line? good luck with that.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The inmates are running the asylum!
    edited January 2018 Posts: 9,117
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/12/unkind-divisive-elitist-international-outcry-over-trumps-shithole-countries-remark

What a lad!

Predictably the PC ambulance chasers have all jumped up in indignation and claimed this comment is racist.

Disrespectful yes, crass yes but where does he refer to race?

Had Estonia and Romania been in the group I've no doubt in Donaldworld they would've been tarred with the shithole brush too.

Not everything is racist or hateful to women. Some things are just stupid.

Apart from anything else though if his comments are so incorrect could the UN explain why citizens of these countries are queuing up in Libya to leave and risk their lives on death trap boats to get to the EU?

http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-25-poorest-countries-in-the-world-2017-3/#19-kiribati-gdp-per-capita-1820-1484-12

This seems to suggest the notion has some credibility no matter how incompetently and insultingly it was expressed.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    How about Saudi Arabia, Donald? Now there is a shithole country.
    @TheWizardOfIce It is Trump after all he believes in nice Nazis and Mexican murders and rapists, sees nothing sexist in "grabbing them in the pussy". He is an -ism to begin with and his diplomatic skills are non-existent, if the US has any goodwill left he is losing it quickly. There is nothing PC about the man and so you comment about PC ambulance chasers is giving the PC brigade far too much credit.
    Trump is nothing less than a loudmouth, the kind of American who was always despised anywhere in the world and he is the |First American. No wonder we are no longer enchanted of the second American or any that follow. ;)
    SaintMark wrote: »
    @TheWizardOfIce It is Trump after all he believes in nice Nazis and Mexican murders and rapists, sees nothing sexist in "grabbing them in the pussy".

Grabbing Nazis and Mexican murderers and rapists in the pussy? Really?

Although I used to fancy Helga from Allo Allo so I can see where he's coming from.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 7,653
    SaintMark wrote: »
    @TheWizardOfIce It is Trump after all he believes in nice Nazis and Mexican murders and rapists, sees nothing sexist in "grabbing them in the pussy".

Grabbing Nazis and Mexican murderers and rapists in the pussy? Really?

Although I used to fancy Helga from Allo Allo so I can see where he's coming from.

I could have written it better but then again your prefer banging on the PC brigade instead of looking at one Racist in Chief voted in office by the good people of the USA. Wonder what that says about them after all. ;)
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

But aren't the people complaining the ones associating black people with monkey's?

Rather ironic really....
    FoxRox wrote: »

I find JW and 'Keep you in curry for a few weeks' genuinely amusing. Sue me.

And I enjoy seeing fit birds in bikinis. If you want to see old boilers watch Prisoner Cell Block H.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I find the Bond films deeply offensive, but that is because I identify as a Fridge/Freezer combo, and we aren't represented enough.
    I find the Bond films deeply offensive, but that is because I identify as a Fridge/Freezer combo, and we aren't represented enough.

Actually in all seriousness could a non gender specific or non binary (or tranny as normal people call them) henchman or villain work? Obviously we had Bouivard in TB but that wasn't a character as such just a goon in a dress.

For some reason I'm picturing Lee Tamahore in lipstick and a dress and it seems very sinister and has great hints of the Fleming qualities of benign/bizarre as we have taken to calling them.

Obviously I wouldnt want Bond ending up in bed with him/her/it (May Day was bad enough) but I think if done properly and with the right actor (Terence Stamp in Priscilla springs to mind) it could be a hoot.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Actually in all seriousness could a non gender specific or non binary (or tranny as normal people call them) henchman or villain work? Obviously we had Bouivard in TB but that wasn't a character as such just a goon in a dress.

I don't believe in this non gender specific or non binary nonsense. Someone that feels they were born the wrong gender (I can't imagine how that must feel), that is different. But all this.... refusing to be one gender or the other.... it's just a bunch of people who wan't their own exclusive little club. These are the sort of people or complain about something, then when they have what they wanted, they move the goal posts, and complain about something else.
    For some reason I'm picturing Lee Tamahore in lipstick and a dress and it seems very sinister and has great hints of the Fleming qualities of benign/bizarre as we have taken to calling them.

Obviously I wouldnt want Bond ending up in bed with him/her/it (May Day was bad enough) but I think if done properly and with the right actor (Terence Stamp in Priscilla springs to mind) it could be a hoot.

Didn't Tamahori get beneath the sheets during the Bond/Jinx love scene? I'm sure Brosnan said as much.
    I knew that article would re-energize this discussion!
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 12,837

Have you seen Split @TheWizardOfIce? James Macovoy plays a guy with multiple personality disorder, some of his personalities are evil and work together to kidnap a couple of teenage girls. One of those personalities is a strict prim and proper woman, and it was really creepy and sinister. I think it's an idea more suited to a henchman than a main villain though, not sure why but I just picture it working better that way.

Have you seen Split @TheWizardOfIce? James Macovoy plays a guy with multiple personality disorder, some of his personalities are evil and work together to kidnap a couple of teenage girls. One of those personalities is a strict prim and proper woman, and it was really creepy and sinister. I think it's an idea more suited to a henchman than a main villain though, not sure why but I just picture it working better that way.

No. Need to see it as I hear it's half decent and I still have hope that M Night Shylaman might rediscover the early heights of Unbreakable especially with the upcoming Glass.

Mcavoy has form for this. In the finals of Filth (a film I really enjoy but then I am pretty sick) he makes a pretty frightening tranny in high heels, dress, lipstick and full beard.

I agree probably works better as a flamboyant henchtranny in the vein of May Day or Xenia.
  • DikkoHendersonDikkoHenderson Daniel Craig at the plastic surgery clinic- "Gently my friend Gently... THAT'S NOT BLOODY GENTLY!!"
    edited January 2018 Posts: 50
    I must confess when I watch AVTAK and Mayday climbs into bed with James, I have pictured with great laughter what if, a giant erection rose from under the covers and Moore's eyes go big.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    Was wondering if the Jordan Peterson Channel 4 interview was being discussed here. Apparently, it wasn't: did some of you catch this?

• edited January 2018 Posts: 684
    @Jeffrey I generally don't pay attention to what's going on in the news, but I did catch that earlier in the week when I went to YouTube for something or other and it was listed as a suggestion (I've watched some of Peterson's lectures on mythology and religion and such).

Anyhow, I'm glad that interview has gone viral. Peterson's articulate and erudite and clear thinking on many things, and I have no doubt he will make the most of the increased attention he's now getting.
  • I find the Bond films deeply offensive, but that is because I identify as a Fridge/Freezer combo, and we aren't represented enough.

No. Need to see it as I hear it's half decent and I still have hope that M Night Shylaman might rediscover the early heights of Unbreakable especially with the upcoming Glass.

Mcavoy has form for this. In the finals of Filth (a film I really enjoy but then I am pretty sick) he makes a pretty frightening tranny in high heels, dress, lipstick and full beard.

I agree probably works better as a flamboyant henchtranny in the vein of May Day or Xenia.

It's quite different to Filth (I agree though that's great film), less flamboyant but very unnerving in its own way. There's something really creepy about how it's played/written, it's this strict/nasty but very calm and composed conservative sort of woman. I think either approach could make for a frightening henchman. Definitely worth checking out Split imo. I thought it was great. I liked The Visit but it's Split where his comeback really kicks into gear. Can't wait for Glass.

Also can we get Mcavoy in a Bond film please? He seems like the sort of guy they would have gone for as a villain in the Brosnan era and I'd prefer a return to that sort of actor over obvious Hollywood villain types like Waltz and Bardem. Christopher Eccleston is another one in the same vein I've been wanting for years.