The Youtube Thread

Comments

• Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 2,005
    There's a first time for everything. I posted my first army clip on my first youtube channel. If I continue like this I'll become a social media addict ha ha...

...and you will be so pleased by the music I've chosen for this!

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That s nothing, Andi Pandi.

Here is me and my serving comrades.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    Ha ha, typing as I watch this.

Isn't Donald just the best! And of course the ants are perfectly organized soldiers!
    Very commendable.

Ha ha ha....I've got to show this to my bros...
    There is some white and black dynamics going on there as well.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 45,489
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    The Matt Helm Christmas Album playlist:

• Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Like watching these guys take modern songs and give them a old time twist. Here they are doing one of Taylor Swift's song in a James Bond style.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

The original ending to Conquest of the Planet of the Apes that pulls no punches, intense scene.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Birdleson wrote: »

The original ending to Conquest of the Planet of the Apes that pulls no punches, intense scene.

Yes, it's probably why I didn't like in the theatres (originally it was the lame ending that was released), after being a big fan of the first three. Now that I've seen (and own) the pre-edited cut that you've posted above, I rank it right up there with the first two sequels (the original is in a class of its own). Brutal and chilling. I don't like these new ape movies. They lack that horror and irony and sickening twists that were a hallmark of those original films.

I agree I bought the Bluray set a few years ago and watched the original version for the first time then, it fits in well with the arc of the series except for the Battle for the Planet of the Apes. Parts 1, 3 and 4 are excellent films though the original version of Conquest is frightening and has possibly the greatest impact.

I like the new trilogy though they are very different films, I see the old and the new apes films as separate with there own merits.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,419
    Beneath is good though I think the others are better, though I should watch all the films again the Mutants in Beneath may sit better with me now, the ending of Beneath is good though.

I guess the rating for the original film was low due to how matter of fact the film is its not exploitative or glorified violence, also I think putting themes in a science fiction context often allow film makers to get away with things that they would not if presented in a more realistic way.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    RIP, Heather Menzies:

Great scene. Fine film too, though of the sequels I still prefer Escape from the Planet of Apes.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,419
    mattjoes wrote: »

Great scene. Fine film too, though of the sequels I still prefer Escape from the Planet of Apes.

The original ending certainly improved Conquest for me.

Interesting choice for number 1