Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme

Comments

RC7 wrote:

Very funny! Still laughing now as i type!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I like Adele, but I would rather hear Caro Emerald sing the title track.

She may not be popular like Adele, but i'dreally like to hear Caro Emerald's voie over the titles.

Great choice Major! First time i heard the other woman? I was having visions in my head of YOLT! If Adele does not get the gig? Would happily have Caro Emerald in her place! :-bd

The Other Woman is the one that convinced me too. :)
    RogueAgent wrote:

She may not be popular like Adele, but i'dreally like to hear Caro Emerald's voie over the titles.

Great choice Major! First time i heard the other woman? I was having visions in my head of YOLT! If Adele does not get the gig? Would happily have Caro Emerald in her place! :-bd

Absolutely! It is a great track and has a pretty unique and nostalgic kind of feel to it i found! I wonder when EON will announce who will be the performing artiste for Skyfall? Cannot remember when they announced JW and AK for QOS?
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Absolutely! It is a great track and has a pretty unique and nostalgic kind of feel to it i found! I wonder when EON will announce who will be the performing artiste for Skyfall? Cannot remember when they announced JW and AK for QOS?

29 Jul, 2008 it was announced that Jack White and Alicia Keys did the themesong for QOS.

Caro Emerald would be a great choice, and she's Dutch! (Like me) She is very popular in the Netherlands.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,894
    JWPepper wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

29 Jul, 2008 it was announced that Jack White and Alicia Keys did the themesong for QOS.

Caro Emerald would be a great choice, and she's Dutch! (Like me) She is very popular in the Netherlands.

Is she? That's great. Sadly she's not quite a global name yet, and she doesn't get muh aitime on the radio. That's why i'm gonna start my underground movement to bring Caro Emerald to the masses. If she's not choosen for SkyFall then she'll certainly be choosen for Bond#24. B-)
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Luds wrote:
    jackdagger wrote:
    @Luds:
    I agree that Adele is getting annoying. However I don't think it's her fault. The radio stations overplay her songs to a nauseating extent and now I can't even stand to listen to them anymore. I'd hate to feel that way about a Bond theme.
    However, she does have a great voice and I think she'd do a good job.

No question she has a very unique voice, but yes, the overplay is always an issue.

Yeah I find it annoying too. But she's not the only one who's songs are overplayed.

I wish oasis were still together for this one, don't want Beady Eye doing it though, noel doing it solo would be ok. I wouldn't mind foo fighters or kings of leon either. I reckon adele will get it, which isn't a bad thing, she's a good singer.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 2,782
    i don't no know, is it going to be a world cafe type track like DA From Russia With Love because of the ethnic themes in the film or is it going to have bagpipes for SKYFALL where Bond's mum and dad die?

On a side note I wonder who's going to play Bond's dad and mum?
    JWPepper wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

So it may well be a while for the answer to that question then! Thamks for the info though!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Funny enough, some people were discussing how Adele's looks should disqualify her from the running. I found that ridiculous, not that Adele is a beauty queen, far from it, but her looks have nothing to do with a possible song!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Maybe Adele could do a duet with Pierce Brosnan? ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Luds wrote:
    Funny enough, some people were discussing how Adele's looks should disqualify her from the running. I found that ridiculous, not that Adele is a beauty queen, far from it, but her looks have nothing to do with a possible song!

I'd have no problem in dating Adele. Ok she's not a sex icon but she looks good.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,894
    For a woman who's certainly not slim, I think she's attractive.

I would - providing she didn't open her mouth. Now there IS a speaking voice that's annoying ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,690

I concur. I could hug her all day.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    "I would - providing she didn't open her mouth.

Depends what for...
    She doesn't sound like the classiest of ladies though :p

Wow, I never heard her voice when she isn't singing !

I concur. I could hug her all day.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    "I would - providing she didn't open her mouth.

Depends what for...

=))
    What is it with people linked with Bond giving the finger? :))

BAIN123 wrote:

Class act from Brosnan ! I'd sure love to give the finger while adjusting my glasses so naturally ! Bravo Pierce !

BAIN123 wrote:

1st M.I.A at the Superbowl! Then Adele! Now the Brozza! Who next? ;)) They say it comes in three's!
    Adele is a young north london girl done good, who will deliver us all a great song with the help of Thomas Newman!!?
    Its a for gone conclusion.... :-bd
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited March 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Luds wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Luds wrote:
    Adele is annoying as hell

i stopped reading right there...
    Nice to see people not being able to handle other opinion than their own...

What makes you think i can't accept your opinion but my own? Maybe u should read again. I just hate ppl that keeps disliking and disliking the real artists to let the s##t come in. Is she boring? Avoid her songs, turn the radio off for somewhile. Easy way, don't u think?

Also, there were so many other artists that played Unceaseble on the radios and they had Never got annoying. Why just Adele needs to be, when she's one of the greatest ever?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Adele greatest ever? Lets not get carried away now, granted she has a good voice but please I very much doubt we'll be calling her album a classic in 30 years time, she's an artist that is extremely popular at the moment but I'm afraid she's reached her peak and there is no way her next album will have the same impact, anyone remember Dido, where is she now? She'll be out to pasture soon enough and the fickle public will be latching onto the next so called second coming.

As for her doing the theme no problem with me but she isn't the only choice and Adele will never reach Michael Jackson's stature no pop star ever will and I'm no real fan of MJ it's just a fact.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Shardlake wrote:
    Adele greatest ever?

i said ONE of the Greatest ever.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,690
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:
    Adele greatest ever?

Let's wait 10/20 years and then you'll be able to say that if she's still very remembered.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 2,782
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:
    Adele greatest ever?

Let's wait 10/20 years and then you'll be able to say that if she's still very remembered.

Come on DC her 2nd album has crossed over generations, she has the biggest record of the 21st Century, sold over 3.4 million records in only a year.

She will be remembered easily for the next 20 years.

However, Duffy and Joss Stone have not passed the time test though.

But Adele is different, she has the star power and talent, she can truly sing. This track has become one of my favs, she's proper judi dench.

Duffy was great too, but i don't hear about her anymore for so long time, since "Stepping Stone".
  • LudsLuds MIA
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    What makes you think i can't accept your opinion but my own? Maybe u should read again. I just hate ppl that keeps disliking and disliking the real artists to let the s##t come in. Is she boring? Avoid her songs, turn the radio off for somewhile. Easy way, don't u think?

Also, there were so many other artists that played Unceaseble on the radios and they had Never got annoying. Why just Adele needs to be, when she's one of the greatest ever?

So you can accept criticism, just not against someone you like then. You "hate" people, or ppl I should say, that dislike "the real artists". Face it mate, you can't handle it. ;)

Overplayed artists will get on people's nerves, regardless of talent. In the case of Adele, it'll evidently take a bit more time than the casual pop act, she does have a sound of her own, but overexposure of anything will cause lack of interests at some point.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Luds wrote:
    ...but overexposure of anything will cause lack of interests at some point.

Not with James Bond!! :))
    I really should have more sense that to get involved in this :-< , but sometimes one cannot help but be pulled in. This thread, it was like a nasty, belligerent, tractor beam and I simply could not pull myself away

Point is, whoever disagrees with this artist or finds faults, or to put it bluntly, thinks this Adele person is the epitome of overrated news or attention is justifiably correct, they know full well what they're on about

I don't know, I'm not fourteen years old, I can appreciate good music, I know what it is, and this avenue is not it. The kid has a face as wide as Kansas, always looks like she's sucking a watermelon, cannot sing, cakes her face in too much mascara and is the size of a house. All we'll get is a (perhaps slightly better) variation of the garbage from Die Another Day or Quantum of Solace :-L

I know I'm going to end up disappointed eventually as will some others, but as before, I hope another artist can come in and save the day. Get Cornell back, Sheryl Crow even, hell I'd even have Duran Duran again, but not this fat faced musical charlatan

Probably get a backlash now from some stone deaf sixteen year olds but that's genuinely how I feel about it. That's all I have to say