"Silver Screen" anyone?

It seems a few weeks go that I was sneaking into 18 certificate movies..and now, a friend has invited me to the "silver screen" series at my local Odeon - £3.75 inc tea and biscuits for the over 55's (bargain!!) - the issue? I'm 53. Shall I consider it to be an insult if they let me in? Will I need ID?

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Sorry, can't help you with that. Forgot all about the time I was in my early fifties.

Last time someone wanted to see my I.D. was when I ordered a beer in Ann Arbor, Michigan, in the early 90s...when I was 35.
    If you're comfortable in lying then go ahead. If not then wait until you're over 55.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Some people carry their age well.

If you think that you do and they still let you in without saying 'Scuse me young fella, what business do you have here today?', then you've been fooling yourself for far too long.

I remember with sinking heart the moment a car salesman said to me 'this is the perfect vehicle for you when you take the grand kids out'.
    NicNac wrote: »
    Some people carry their age well.

If you think that you do and they still let you in without saying 'Scuse me young fella, what business do you have here today?', then you've been fooling yourself for far too long.

I remember with sinking heart the moment a car salesman said to me 'this is the perfect vehicle for you when you take the grand kids out'.

lol
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @patb I'd like to think they wouldn't make a fuss over a couple of years. How long is your hair? Maybe cut it a bit shorter, and you'll look older than you are ;)
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Last time someone wanted to see my I.D. was when I ordered a beer in Ann Arbor, Michigan, in the early 90s...when I was 35.
    I had a similar experience a few years back when I was around 31. A mate and I were entering the alcohol area during fireworks in the park, and the young girl hit me up for I.D. I laughed, and showed her my card while nudging my mate saying, "Did you hear that? She thinks I'm underage." My mate, of course, is a couple years older than me and really hates the fact he's nearly half way to 40. I give him a little friendly stirring now and then, and this particular time, I asked the girl if she was also going to check my mate's I.D. She just looked at him briefly and was like, "Nah, he's okay". :))