The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I hope you at least got a number from one of them. Spoils of the act, so to speak.
    I hope you at least got a number from one of them. Spoils of the act, so to speak.
    Nah no number alas,but i got a slap and barred.....

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Best to just call it all "character building." A vital step in your maturation. ;)
    haha actually it was :-bd
    nobody watching a Bond flick and commenting on anything ,today ?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,449
    I am actually. Spectre, my second favourite Craig, is scheduled for this evening.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Funnily enough, TLD is next up for my Bondathon. Will stick it on later.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    bondjames wrote: »
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »

Dalton's stupid accent is getting on ones wick....he is Welsh not from Lancashire...and i think my Special Edition DVD's cant keep up with modern TV...its not clear...

I have noticed that Dalt's pronunciation of "fast" is different in LTK than TLD

TLD: "we're losing fuel,farst"
    LTK: "hospital! Intensive care where you'll be if you don't get out of here faast"

His accent in LTK is awful and quite puzzling.

It's completely different to how he spoke in TLD.

I agree his accent fluctuates in LTK.
    It's not as bad as this one :))

Good grief that's painful! Not sure what's worse, he's singing or Mae West's acting....

Wish I could unsee that...!
    Ugh! This is almost as uncomfortable to watch as these two cringe inducers. If I have one wish, it's that Craig doesn't follow his two immediate predecessors on the singing tour post-Bond. Have some dignity FFS.

To be fair this travesty was made before Dalton got the Bond gig....
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    By the way is this thread becoming a little like the Bondathon thread?
    I remember Dalton on the Arsenio Hall show promoting The Rocketeer and Arsenio completely put him on the spot by playing that clip. Tim's face was a vibrant red! He said it was a great experience working with Mae West as she'd tell stories about America in the turn of the century. He also admitted his singing was dubbed.
    Yes, he mentions it on the Terry Wogan interview he did too.
    @barryt007, I quite like the idea of watching a Bond film and taking notes as you go. @Creasy47 did the same thing during one of his Bondathons a while ago, but instead of commenting live in a thread he collected all his thoughts into one post for our amusement.

I think I may try this idea out sometime soon, although it's not the kind of thing I'd usually do. When I sit down to see a movie, especially a Bond, it's an event and I'm glued to the screen, bothering with nothing else. I don't even like to watch them as background content while I draw or write. One day though, maybe.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 19,339
    Its just a live soundboard for you to throw out there as you watch...its something that you might not think of later..it worked for me last night @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 as the guinea pig,rather than waiting until the end,your mood might change or anything,whereas this is live....make Bond interactive i say !!

A member might want to comment lots,once or not at all..it's just here if u feel the need to comment live..
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Same here @Brady. Watching the Bonds is an event, no matter how many times I've seen them before. Also, it would take me so long to write out the observation on that particular film, that the movie would be over.
    @royale65, quite. I can't write short blurbs to save my life; I'd likely be horrible at this sort of thing.
    Watching QOS right now,and i am REALLY enjoying it....amazing after time how the lesser loved Bond films become the better ones....gonna be moving up a few places in my rankings...
    The PTS of TWINE really is one of the best....yep as you guessed,im onto TWINE now.

• edited October 2016 Posts: 19,339
    I forgot there was a link to Bond being married to Tracy in TWINE...i thought nothing was mentioned since LTK..that was a pleasant surprise...so its only in Connery (DAF) and Craig's (reboot)tenure that doesnt include Tracy.

She is linked to Lazenby,Moore,Dalton and Brosnan...
    I didnt realise Bond's BMW is left hand drive in TWINE,why would it be customised to MI6 and be left hand drive...oops...
    Onto my final Bond flick of the night : TMWTGG
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    hey @barryt007

what a great idea for a thread and good job bringing it back, never saw it before.

I definitely will give my thoughts when watching the next Bond movies. With the iPad on my lap it's easy as pie.
    I dont think anyone says 'Bond..James Bond better than Sir Rog'...
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    ...especially in TMWTGG!
    Thanks @BondJasonBond006...i love this bit when Bond swallows the golden bullet....a good Sir Rog fight !
    ...especially in TMWTGG!

Spot on..he just said it....and i love "aaah ive lost my charm".."not from where im standing"...this film is so underrated..might be gaining a few places in my list tonight...great fun.

One thing i've noticed about Sir Rog in his films which i love,is whenever he draws his gun in a suit,he brushes his tie down to keep everything neat.

I have met the great man,and this is a question i regret not asking him,if it was in the production or his own idea .
    So true @Birdleson so true .
    I am sure i just saw someone trip over in the PTS of SP..need to check that back..yes im watching SP peeps..
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Either that or your curry is a lot hotter than you thought it was barry
    Do u know what @Mrcoggins i beat the s.o.b.....i hit the sofa a few times and gasped for air but i beat the bugger....i might not last the night but i did it....!! haha