Where would you like to see a Bond movie take place or where hasn't one been set yet?

Comments

A cruise ship... I mean not like DAF. Like full on sinking, fire on a large scale. Yes "titanic meets inferno" scale :D
    Africa.

Someone hijacks uraninium out of the mines in the Congo and spirits it away. Bond has to track them through Kenya, Uganda and eventually to an island off the coast of Zanzibar where they are priming it for international sale. We can have a helicopter/jeep chase across a vast game park or a motorbike chase through Dar es Salaam.

or

Nepal

Very visual and lots of international tension involving China, Russia and India.
  • UCWAP - but it has been there already in QoS.

Fancy a road trip across Europe - Paris, Berlin, Etc. That would be good.
  • tipton
  • There's never been a Bond bit done in Canada from what I can recall, I don't know if the producers over the years have had a problem with our friends from the great white north but I would of liked to have seen at least once some 007 adventures done there, with a finale a la Die Hard With A Vengeance with Bond battling it out with some adversaries or set piece on the border or something, I think that would of been quite neat

Now that I think about it I remember a bit from Moonraker where the shuttle crashed in the Yukon territory if memory serves but Bond was not there and they merely made a mention of it, so I don't think that really counts in all this
  • craigrules wrote:
    tipton

not dudley? Got a zoo there which can double as an African state.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Antarctica.
  • Antarctica.

Could do - with the whole Nazi UFO bases there - might be a story of some sort.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    craigrules wrote:
    tipton

not dudley? Got a zoo there which can double as an African state.

Dudley and Tipton are clearly both awesome - used to live down the road from there. After all, no less a sage than Mark Twain said that the railway journey between Birmingham and Wolverhampton - which takes in both Dudley and Tipton - was like hell on earth. True story. ;)

Has the cinematic Bond officially visited Spain - apart from Bilbao in TWINE (Gozales's hideout in FYEO was probably supposed to be on the Costa del Sol, but I can't remember properly; they certainly didn't make much of a song and dance about that if it was)? Anyway, there's a hell of a lot to Spain (bits of it have doubled for elsewhere several times in the series), but maybe it's about time 007 visited Barcelona, Madrid or Seville - he's been everywhere else in Europe, after all...?

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Blimey O'Riley, a Virgin Pendolino? They've gone up-market on that line since my day then. And Mark Twain's for that matter... ;)
  • Here are two different locations to put on the table. Both are in the Shetland Islands and the 1st is a photo of Foula. This is one of the UKs most isolated places (30 people still live here) & offers fantastic cliffs not to mention ideal island for Bond. & T

http://www.gloverlodges.co.uk/#

The 2nd is Saxavord base on island of Unst. this place is now abandoned & I can easily see some Bond villain or secret Mi6 base away from home here.

http://www.doughoughton.com/webpage/thumb/160/160900.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    England
    Norway
    France - especially Paris!
    jolearon wrote:
    Dubai !
    I don't think Bond could reasonably go to Dubai. Not for a little while. GHOST PROTOCOL was shot and set in Dubai, and with the critical reception to the film, I can't help but feel that including Dubai as a location would only trigger a wave of criticism that Bond is simply trying to ape MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.
  • Canada!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Our very own Brecon Beacons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brecon_Beacons

In the winter time, misty and rainy, it could make for an atmospheric settting. Maybe a training exercise for the PTS.
    Alaska/Yukon border....
    Aussieland
    Sri Lanka
    PORTLAND OREGON and Vankucty
    Denmark and Ireland.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'd like to see Bond go to Japan, Russia and Southern France (i.e. Nice, Monaco and iles d'hyeres).
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Minneapolis, MN
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Australia.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited June 2015 Posts: 4,399
    Holy Island, off the northeast coast of England

holyislandcastle_zpsefmzp6vl.jpg
    Lindisfarne Castle
    much like how they used the maiden's tower in Istanbul for the villainess' hideout for the climax of TWINE, i could picture this castle being used in a similar fashion..

holyislandpriory_zpsmktpyxao.jpg
    Lindisfarne Priory
    i love old cathedral and church ruins, there is something majestic yet haunting about them. I could picture this being used for a meeting - like how they are doing with Spectre in the new movie - except this would be outside - old torches lit in a circle type of deal...a very gothic/pagan/cult style to the meeting (but still in black tie of course lol)
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited June 2015 Posts: 4,151
    He would be more than welcome to come and blow the crap outta my workplace. Not sure Ruby Bartlett would approve mind, I work in Morecambe (Bay)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I agree on the middle east. Somewhere interesting. Dubai is the default choice, but I'd enjoy somewhere else as well. I personally loved the TSWLM bits in Egypt. Very eerie with Hamlish's score playing in the background. Pakistan could work too and would be relevant to global affairs/terrorism.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondjames wrote: »
    I agree on the middle east. Somewhere interesting. Dubai is the default choice, but I'd enjoy somewhere else as well. I personally loved the TSWLM bits in Egypt. Very eerie with Hamlish's score playing in the background. Pakistan could work too and would be relevant to global affairs/terrorism.

Pakistan was removed from CR. Just come here already, you can afford it, billion dollar franchise.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Kansas. A corrupt right wing governor as a cult leader
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yemen.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. Would be a great theme song, too. :-B
    Ring of Kerry, car chase anti-clockwise. :bz ~:>
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Okay, back to serious. Australia. Scandinavia. Baltic States.