Where would you like to see a Bond movie take place or where hasn't one been set yet?

13»

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Sweden. I loved the look of TGWTDT. Eerie and dark... I want Fincher to direct as well.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Fincher will end up going way overbudget.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Fincher will end up going way overbudget.
    True enough, but it would look amazing. Additionally, when you're spending an alleged $300m, anyone can probably bring it on spec.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Except if your name is Marc Forster. QoS was $200/250 million? He totally blew it.
    However, Fincher has the chops to make what could be in principle the best Bond movie ever. I'm not sure how well he'd gel with EoN's production schedule.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2015 Posts: 15,690
    'Dragon Tattoo' went over-budget, but only costed 90 million and looks just as lush as QOS which cost more than 200 million like @doubleoego said.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I just watched TGWTDT on Sat night for the first time. My wife and I absolutely loved it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    As the Norwegian government finally eased up the tax incentives on film productions earlier this year, welcome to Norway, Mr Bond.

(I just read about that in a piece on the upcoming THE SNOWMAN, based on Jo Nesbø s 7th Harry Hole novel. Michael Fassbender is a likely candidate for the lead role. )
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 11,425
    St_George wrote: »
    craigrules wrote:
    tipton

not dudley? Got a zoo there which can double as an African state.

Dudley and Tipton are clearly both awesome - used to live down the road from there. After all, no less a sage than Mark Twain said that the railway journey between Birmingham and Wolverhampton - which takes in both Dudley and Tipton - was like hell on earth. True story. ;)

Has the cinematic Bond officially visited Spain - apart from Bilbao in TWINE (Gozales's hideout in FYEO was probably supposed to be on the Costa del Sol, but I can't remember properly; they certainly didn't make much of a song and dance about that if it was)? Anyway, there's a hell of a lot to Spain (bits of it have doubled for elsewhere several times in the series), but maybe it's about time 007 visited Barcelona, Madrid or Seville - he's been everywhere else in Europe, after all...?

LOL! Definitely Dudley and Tipton!

I think Bond is long overdue a return to Jamaica. I'd like to see Jamaica feature as itself as well, not doubling for some fictional island as it did in LALD.

Both Connery and Moore's first films were shot in Jamaica - this tradition should be restored when the next Bond actor starts. The roots of literary Bond lie in Jamaica - time to return home.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited September 2015 Posts: 9,020
    007 in New York
    I want this to finally happen!!
  • Barcelona, of course :D

Also, if speaking about countries, I'd like to see Bond in Australia, Canada (they shoot there a couple of times, but Bond hasn't actually been in Canada) and back to Jamaica.
    About urban enviroments, Moscow, Seoul, Philadelphia (I want to find out what did he do with that gal there), a more extended stay in New York; Chicago, Johannesburg, Rome and those huge 'commieblock' neighbourhoods in Sarajevo.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,151
    I'm another one for Australia, think it'd be great to see Bond there. The Sydney Opera House perhaps, could be a super location?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Moscow

st-basil-cathedral-red-square-moscow_28024_600x450_zpsa8igyh28.jpg

i know we visited Russia once in Goldeneye - but it's a country who's so important to the Bond mythos, and we've barely seen it on screen (for obvious filming reasons probably).. but i've always wanted to see Bond jet around Red Square in a film, even if it was simply passing through - we got it in the video game Everything Or Nothing, but i would like to eventually see it for realz.... although with the current climate in Russia now, i don't expect it to be happening - probably ever.

Well one that I always wanted to see but is thankfully being nailed in Spectre is Mexico.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    craig_sydney_narrowweb__300x450,0.jpg
    Jimbo in Strailya! That photo is such a tease!

Is this the closest we've seen? Brings new meaning to the term 'Bond Down Under' :))

http://www.cinemaretro.com/uploads/lazenby3.jpg
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 7,500
    Before the tragic events this spring I thought Nepal and Kathmandu would have been an ideal Bond location. Well, well...

I still think its time for a proper exotic location now. It hasn't been one in a while. Somewhere like India or the Himalayas (Tibet for example) would be great.

Jodhpur (India)

jodhpur-fort.jpg

01.jpg

Jaisalmer (India)

Rajasthan_Jaisalmer_The-golden-city-of-Jaisalmer-in-Rajasthan_IWPL2.jpg

Lhasa (Tibet)

the-travel-diary-things-to-do-in-lhasa-potala-palace.jpg

Just some thoughts... I hope you are watching, Barbara and Michael! :)
    India and Tibet especially would be great to see feature in a future Bond movie!
    Wow, those India & Tibet locations look amazing!.
    An Oil Rich Middle East country other than Dubai

Kuwait, Qatar ?
    Muscat in Oman?
    Tibet would be too politically sensitive as would Russia at the moment.
    I've always wanted to see Malaysia in a Bond film- Singapore, Kuala Lumpur etc. Both the ancient and modern architecture is unlike anything seen elsewhere. And for the villain's lair: Batu Caves.

http://theheritagetravels.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Batu-Caves-Malaysia-1024x768.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Wouldn t that be more at home in a Batuman film?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 13,944
    I dunno, most Bond villains are batty. :))
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Australia and New Zealand.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Ditto for Australia, ..Greenland ..and Brazil ...maybe New York again.

Oh and Peru maybe too.

Israel

Hawaii

Austin (personal bias)

Canada..

Niagra Falls

Liverpool

Getafix wrote: »
    Muscat in Oman?

I've been to all the countries I've listed and Oman is a definite no no , it isn't as luxurious as the rest , and its somewhat along the same lines of what we'll get in Spectre with Morocco

• AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    Texas
    Canada
    Hawaii
    Philippines
    Amazon (yes to revisit the remains of Drax's plant in a Moonraker sequel)

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I'd welcome a 'return' to Jamaica. Looks great on film and is very Fleming.