Ralph Fiennes Appreciation/News/Discussion - FAN TRAILER WITH FIENNES AS BOND

edited July 2015 in Actors Posts: 654
Well, I just happen to be a huge fan of him and now when he is our new M, I thought it would be nice to have a whole thread dedicated to him! I really think he'll turn out to be the best M of the series I never was much of a Harry Potter-fan, I like him more with a nose, but I love his other movies like The English Patient and even The Avengers. I surely can't be alone in loving this guy so much?

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited July 2015 Posts: 3,675
    You're certainly not. Although yes, I like him more with a nose. I also liked his brother Joseph in American Horror Story: Asylum (Monsignor Timothy Howard) They're both great.

Probably one of the best actors of our generation.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    BAIN123 wrote: »

Indeed. I wanted him as James Bond at one point (he was considered I believe) so I am over the moon that he is the new M instead. He reminds me of Colonel Ross a tad (from the 1960s Harry Plamer films) and also had a military career of course.
  • I feel ashamed to admit it but I have only seen his brother Joseph once in a movie I can't really remember... What I do remember is that he was great in it. Just to go back a bit, Am I the only one who thought Mallory would turn out to be a bad guy in Skyfall? It really seemed like so for a good while through the movie.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 654

Really I didn't know that... Anywhere I can read about it @Dragonpol?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes, Fiennes is a tremendous and versatile actor. Truly one of the greats. I too wanted him to be Bond circa the English Patient. He would have been phenomenal and likely would have attracted much better talent to the series in the same way Craig is doing now.

english-patient-2.jpg

englishpatient01.jpg

Ralph-Fiennes-The-English-Patient-ralph-fiennes-7641564-1280-688.jpg
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    Yes, Fiennes is a tremendous and versatile actor. Truly one of the greats. I too wanted him to be Bond circa the English Patient. He would have been phenomenal and likely would have attracted much better talent to the series in the same way Craig is doing now.

english-patient-2.jpg

englishpatient01.jpg

Ralph-Fiennes-The-English-Patient-ralph-fiennes-7641564-1280-688.jpg
    Just imagine him in GE or TND. The scene when Bond is waiting for Paris Carver while taking shots of vodka. That would have been wonderful.
    I feel ashamed to admit it but I have only seen his brother Joseph once in a movie I can't really remember... What I do remember is that he was great in it. Just to go back a bit, Am I the only one who thought Mallory would turn out to be a bad guy in Skyfall? It really seemed like so for a good while through the movie.

Nope. My cousin thought he was evil, too.
  • Yeah, but now I just can't stop thinking of how much I love him as M. I'm also gonna make a fan trailer for a Bondfilm with Fiennes as 007
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited July 2015 Posts: 2,629
    I've always been a bigger fan of his earlier work in Schindler's List, Quiz Show and The English Patient.

I look forward to seeing where he takes the M character.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    BAIN123 wrote: »

Indeed. I wanted him as James Bond at one point (he was considered I believe) so I am over the moon that he is the new M instead. He reminds me of Colonel Ross a tad (from the 1960s Harry Plamer films) and also had a military career of course.

He definitely could have been the choice over Brosnan:

975d6206c9597c9b511f8e5bec469967.jpg
  • Here we have as I promised, a fan trailer for "Risico" starring Ralph! Opinions?
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    I'd think he'd make a very good M. Not as good as Dench, but probably the best aside from that.
  • I'm sure he will but if you look at that trailer, he would make a great Bond too @M16_Cart
    Good trailer! I think Fiennes would be a good Bond. The film "Quiz Show" was on tonight. Had to stop and watch. Like the combination of old and new SPECTRE footage.
  • Good trailer! I think Fiennes would be a good Bond. The film "Quiz Show" was on tonight. Had to stop and watch. Like the combination of old and new SPECTRE footage.
    Thanks! Yeah it just felt appropriate to mix old and new. You have no idea how long it took me to find a clear 'Bond'-line from him...

He certainly has the gravitas required. He was actually considered in '94 and '04.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,548
    He certainly has the gravitas required. He was actually considered in '94 and '04.

He was a perfect choice in 94...too old (or old looking) by 04.
  • TripAces wrote: »

He was a perfect choice in 94...too old (or old looking) by 04.
    If we say he did his first 1994, how long would they have kept him on?

Probably until about 2001.
  • Probably until about 2001.
    The great thing about him playing M is that he can stay on for ten movies if he'd like.

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    He is one of the greatest working actors we have today.
    He was incredibly scary in Schindler's list and super hot snd every woman's dream in The English Patient and an actor who can do something like that is something impressive.

He was robed both times for the Oscar.
    Now im very happy he is gonna play M and will definitley leave his mark.
    A young Ralph Fiennes, somewhere between 92 and 96 would have been perfect in the role. He had the brooding lover thing nailed and looks both beautiful and cruel- something which I think very few actors could pull off.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Seeing that trailer and footage from his action sequences in Skyfall makes me actually see him as James Bond, now. An older, sophisticated, middle aged James Bond. Then again, some people are not keen on that idea for a reason.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I love that machiavellian look he has, which is handsome, and scary in a good way, which imo is what gives that Bond "look".
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I love that machiavellian look he has, which is handsome, and scary in a good way, which imo is what gives that Bond "look".
    Definitely. Ralph would have been a terrific Bond for the 90s era.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Definitely. Ralph would have been a terrific Bond for the 90s era.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    A young Ralph Fiennes, somewhere between 92 and 96 would have been perfect in the role. He had the brooding lover thing nailed and looks both beautiful and cruel- something which I think very few actors could pull off.

Yes he was incredibly handsome in his prime and he could have been a very good bond especially for Felming's purists since he is a fan of the books he has said in many interviews that he likes the films but when he was young he loved the books.

He is really a bond Geek hehe. So i think his bond could have been one of the best since he understands Bond in both mediums film and the novels.

Dalton was all about the books, Pierce was more a fan of the films and Fiennes seems like he liked both inclined a little more to the novels so maybe he would have been a great Bond. Knowing how the character works in both worlds.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Szonana wrote: »

Yes he was incredibly handsome in his prime and he could have been a very good bond especially for Felming's purists since he is a fan of the books he has said in many interviews that he likes the films but when he was young he loved the books.

He is really a bond Geek hehe. So i think his bond could have been one of the best since he understands Bond in both mediums film and the novels.

Dalton was all about the books, Pierce was more a fan of the films and Fiennes seems like he liked both inclined a little more to the novels so maybe he would have been a great Bond. Knowing how the character works in both worlds.

Would've been a great Fleming Bond a la Dalton but that wasn't putting enough bums on seats back in 89 so they played it very safe in GE and went for a Rog/Sean composite.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,130
    Szonana wrote: »

Would've been a great Fleming Bond a la Dalton but that wasn't putting enough bums on seats back in 89 so they played it very safe in GE and went for a Rog/Sean composite.

So true, the 90s wasn't the best time to get closer to Fleming. They had to do what they did to keep Bond alive and i loved what they did.
    Pierce is and always will be my favorite Bond and personally im not a Fleming purist. Actually if someone asked me how much of a fleming purist i am on a scale from 1- 10 id say 4.

Im not saying one because i do think Bond should stay as a white men, he always has to be portaryed a British or irish actor and I don't like much pure comedy Bond films but apart from it i dont care if they cast someone who embodies to perfection the the books character lr not.