Biggest laugh out loud moments in a Bond movie?

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Another one from Spectre: When Bond introduces Swann to Q.

Bond - "Dr. Swann, Q. Q, Dr. Swann."
    Madeleine - "Hello."
    Q - "Enchanted."

The dirty look she gives him after always gets a laugh out of me.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Yeah that was great.
    I also love at the beginning when M is reading the riot act to Bond, and Bond just keeps doing the 'Yes sir' thing whilst smirking. :))
  • Johnathan Pryce's hammy acting in TND and in particular 'there's no news.... like bad news' always cracks me up. It's a perfect caricature belonging in a sketch show but he's a great actor so he pulls it off.
    Johnathan Pryce's hammy acting in TND and in particular 'there's no news.... like bad news' always cracks me up. It's a perfect caricature belonging in a sketch show but he's a great actor so he pulls it off.
    And the way he says "...barely?"
    =))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Cleese getting his coat stuck in the car door. I know it is simple and juvenile humour, but his facial expression when he walks off really cracks me up.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Yeah that was great.
    I also love at the beginning when M is reading the riot act to Bond, and Bond just keeps doing the 'Yes sir' thing whilst smirking. :))

That's what I hate. This is why Craig, and these writers, should avoid humorous dialogue. It generally comes off as snarky, not witty or smart. Bond's not in high school.
    I'm sorry, that was genuinely hilarious. Where I work there are a few egos that occasionally temp me with tedious pontifical nonsense and I usually respond just like Bond did with M.
    It's not just for high school anymore (tm).
    Because what boss of a stealth agency would get upset that a top agent went down to Mexico, shot people, blew up a building, unauthorized, and came back and acted cute and snarky when questioned about? Yes, I can certainly see how this was egoism and tedious political nonsense on M's part.
    I said 'pontifical'.
    Look, M knows Bond is hard on property & a-holes. But it's his job to chew out his agents when expected. Bond knows he's just doing what's expected of him. No hard feelings, but he's also not going disregard the amusement factor.
  • Haha yeah M was right to be angry, but most of Bond's replies don't come off quite right I agree. Sometimes I think it works, though. Connery's Bond used to play around with M quite a lot, although it was a bit different.

Laugh out loud moments -

"hiss off"
    Bond making out with himself in DAF
    About half of DAF (the entire moonbuggy chase and the way it's edited come to mind)
    "hey what's with that trick pool table"
    "It seems you've caught me with more than my hands up"

Could think of many more I'm sure. The list goes on and on and on.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I know where they were going with that SP opening M office scene, but it didn't quite work for me. Fiennes seemed a little too harsh (facially) and Craig seemed a bit too snarky.

I can see Lee & Connery or Moore acing that scene, but something just didn't work for me here. It seemed more nasty than funny.

----
    I always get a laugh out of Oroumov's expression as Onatopp gets off after killing everyone at Severnaya.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Fiennes seemed a little too harsh (facially) and Craig seemed a bit too snarky.
    He's a new M, of course he'll overreact on his first Bond-related building demolition.
    :))
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 1,595
    I know where they were going with that SP opening M office scene, but it didn't quite work for me. Fiennes seemed a little too harsh (facially) and Craig seemed a bit too snarky.

I can see Lee & Connery or Moore acing that scene, but something just didn't work for me here. It seemed more nasty than funny.

----
    I always get a laugh out of Oroumov's expression as Onatopp gets off after killing everyone at Severnaya.

Just some of the lines. "I think I'll call you C....C" are just delivered and written horribly. They just fall flat as hell for me.

GE has a lot of funny moments. Everything Ourmov does is hilarious. On repeat viewings I laugh at him every time he's on screen.

Same goes for J.W. Pepper. Everything he does and says kills me.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Johnathan Pryce's hammy acting in TND and in particular 'there's no news.... like bad news' always cracks me up. It's a perfect caricature belonging in a sketch show but he's a great actor so he pulls it off.

When I watched TND a few weeks ago, I couldn't help grinning at some of his lines. Especially that one, with the little eyebrow raise at the end. Another one:
    "We're on a stealth boat... they can't see me, or you, or even your friend, the late Commander Bond, who at this moment is on his way to the bottom of the South China Sea. He's my new anchorman."
    Yes, I like Pryce as Carver. Never had a problem with him. In fact, he and Kaufmann are what give that film what charisma it has, imho.
  • The boat scene in Moonraker
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    He was terrific in the roll, it just seems that about halfway through the script the writers forgot that he was supposed to be a genius level, creative genius.

Main problem was 2nd half of film was all dumb action. No room for anything else.
    Exactly.
    Again I ask, was Bond to infiltrate Carver's stealth boat using merely his PPK & harsh language????
    Best bit there was Bond holding one of Carver's dead goons out as a distraction to draw the machine gun fire, followed by Carver imitating Wai Lin's moves (although it was a bit demeaning as well to Asian martial arts).
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I get a laugh when Wai Lin is beating up one of Carver's guards and every punch and kick comes a raspy Ow Ow Ow OWWWW!!!! Then to add insult to Injury, Bond kicks him in the face moments later. I swear it must have been that grunt's first day. :))
    No, but it could have been made to be entertaining.
    Umm, how exactly?

Actually some of these Asian dudes know how to fly around in the air twisting quite nicely after having been kicked or punched. It happened in TND after the bike chase in Thailand and also in TMWTGG at the training school.
    Actually some of these Asian dudes know how to fly around in the air twisting quite nicely after having been kicked or punched. It happened in TND after the bike chase in Thailand and also in TMWTGG at the training school.
    They rock that way. It's the old school training.
    [-X
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Probably been mentioned but Dalton's accent slip in LTK makes me laugh.
  • Probably been mentioned but Dalton's accent slip in LTK makes me laugh.

I don't think its an accent slip. I think Dalton's Bond speaks like Dalton. It was great use of dialogue.

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Never noticed this? Which part of LTK?
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Probably been mentioned but Dalton's accent slip in LTK makes me laugh.

I don't think its an accent slip. I think Dalton's Bond speaks like Dalton. It was great use of dialogue.

Maybe so, but it certainly gives me a chuckle....
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Never noticed this? Which part of LTK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wi88xfECJ0

• Same here Shark.
  • "I know a little about women" is both hilarious but it's so witty and awesome that I never laugh I just sit in awe of Bond's limitless amounts of cool.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    "I know a little about women" is both hilarious but it's so witty and awesome that I never laugh I just sit in awe of Bond's limitless amounts of cool.
    That is a good punch.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I love the bit when Elliot Carver raises an eyebrow after saying "There's no news, like bad news."

I happen to be one of the few who likes Carver as a villain.

Then, there's the scene with M and Admiral Roebuck who mocks her for not having "the balls for the job" to which she fires back with "Perhaps, but the advantage is I don't have to think with it all the time."

Winner! :))
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited February 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Craig catching the gun Molloka throws at him and then proceeding to throw it back right at his head.