SPECTRE - Collectibles, books, toys and other random junk

Comments

• RC7RC7
    TR007 wrote: »
    Great news! Thanks for the update Paul. Any updates with Amazon per chance?

I don't know what the current situation is with Amazon, but as from 7.40pm they have stopped accepting pre-orders for the book and refer to other suppliers for sales. I expect that as soon as they receive their copies, it'll be back on sale from them.

Just received this.

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #202-5756694-1016318 and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

I ordered it months ago. Pretty pissed off tbh.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I feared that would happen.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    Just received this.

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #202-5756694-1016318 and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

Sorry to hear this. I am trying to find out what the situation is with the Amazon delivery.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Does the 2015 edition of 'James Bond 50 Years of Movie Posters' come in hardback? I've only come across paperback.
  • RC7 wrote: »

I don't know what the current situation is with Amazon, but as from 7.40pm they have stopped accepting pre-orders for the book and refer to other suppliers for sales. I expect that as soon as they receive their copies, it'll be back on sale from them.

Just received this.

Same here. Preordered twice, and had it cancelled twice. The last order I placed was two months ago.

Instead, I ordered from WHSmith on Thursday, £4 cheaper than Amazon, and it arrived today:

• Thanks for this JBond007. I look forward to getting my copy!

• An interview with me about The James Bond Archives has been posted here:

http://jamesbondnorge.no/?p=3430
    The fact that Amazon pulled it is ridiculous. It's shot up now to at least £50 from sellers and none of them are delivering to Ireland. Unbelievable.
  • TR007 wrote: »
    The fact that Amazon pulled it is ridiculous. It's shot up now to at least £50 from sellers and none of them are delivering to Ireland. Unbelievable.

I'm sure the Amazon situation will resolve itself.

Have you tried direct from TASCHEN at £44.99? Price includes delivery.

http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/film_music/all/03416/facts.the_james_bond_archives_spectre_edition.htm
    Cheers Paul. Thanks for this. Just placed an order so I should have it before Christmas. Can't wait! This is #1 on my list of Bond books for the year.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    JBond007 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »

Instead, I ordered from WHSmith on Thursday, £4 cheaper than Amazon, and it arrived today:

@JBond007 Thanks for the sneak peek at the book! Looks good. Never bought the original since the price tag scared me off but I'll be sure to pick this one up.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Hi, @Paul_Duncan! It's great to have you here!

Do you know when will the book arrive to Spanish bookstores? Thanks!
    Productive visit to TKMaxx today - Blood Sweat and Bond for £12.99 and James Bond 50 Years of Movie Posters for £9.99 in paperback. I have the hard back 50 years but it's nice having the paperback too.

The only criticism I have is these have minor handling deformations which is probably why they're reduced as rejected seconds but I want to read them not pose them on a coffee table
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    andmcit wrote: »
    Productive visit to TKMaxx today - Blood Sweat and Bond for £12.99 and James Bond 50 Years of Movie Posters for £9.99 in paperback. I hav
    e the hard back 50 years but it's nice having the paperback too.

The only criticism I have is these have minor handling deformations which is probably why they're reduced as rejected seconds but I want to read them not pose them on a coffee table

Yeah, the two copies of Blood, Sweat and Bond I saw in my local TK Maxx both had some scuff marks on the back cover and I figured that was why TK Maxx had got them. I picked what I thought was the better of the two.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 1,068
    Very nice photography throughout the book though the graphic designer in me screams when I read the black text on red text pages. //roll eyes smiley//
  • Latest update on The James Bond Archives: the second shipment arrived in the UK yesterday, and every copy was sent out to retailers today, so there are none left in the warehouse. The TASCHEN shop in London sold out of its copies in two days, and somebody even bought the display copy. They have ordered more copies, which they hope to get when the next shipment arrives.
    Well about the Corgi SPECTRE Aston Martin DB10 will have to wait after the new Year. That a shame but I would had like to pre-order now.
  • The James Bond Archives: This week's shipment arrived, and it is now on sale in the UK via Amazon as well as everywhere else.
    Also, TJBA is also on sale in America and Europe through TASCHEN and in stores.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I received the book from a Swedish retailer this Monday. I paid only 400 crowns (barely 30 pounds) for it. So after 3 years of intensive longing for the book it felt a bit surreal actually holding the (though "smaller" the size) book.
    I have gone through the first two chapters, and even though there are some familiar quotes scattered around in the book it is still a goldmine! For example. my jaw dropped as I read through Sean Connerys notes on Goldfingers script. How those puts his Bond, career and state of Bondmania in perspective!

I can't wait until I get to the chapters about Craigs films where I suspect there will be lots of great and new information!

Great job on creating this beast of a book, @Paul_Duncan!
  • MrBond wrote: »
    Great job on creating this beast of a book, @Paul_Duncan!

Well, more of a mini-beast.

Happy to hear you're enjoying it, nevertheless.

Yes, the Connery notes were great because normally these sort of meetings went unrecorded.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Another unboxing with a comparison with the big one...

• In America, demand has been so high for THE JAMES BOND ARCHIVES that Amazon has listed it as "Temporarily out of stock." I have been told by TASCHEN that a new shipment will arrive in the US before Christmas.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    @Paul_Duncan - Will the book be updated each time a new film is released?
  • Red_Snow wrote: »
    @Paul_Duncan - Will the book be updated each time a new film is released?

There are no plans for the book beyond this current edition.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Bought today poster 4 from Spectre:

py_pp33724.jpg

My third poster from Daniel Craig era, after poster 5 from CR (Delete scene's) and Skyfall poster 2 (Bond in Bluetux)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Nice @M_Balje! I'd love to get a big version of the IMAX poster, with Bond in the DotD mask.
    Agent7F wrote: »
    Well about the Corgi SPECTRE Aston Martin DB10 will have to wait after the new Year. That a shame but I would had like to pre-order now.
    Good news Corgi has finally release The DB10. So hurry & pre-order now. I also waiting on the Scale 1:18 From Mattel.
    I finally got my copy of TJBA today and I absolutely love it. The original pitch for TLD leading up to Dr No was a fascinating read. Can't wait to delve in to it some more. Thanks for the stellar work and an amazing book @paul_duncan
    I got my SPECTRE 2 Aston Martin DB10 & classic DB5. Now to wait for the Mattel Scale 1:18 DB10.