Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Jai Courtney is so bland that Rory Kinnear will karate chop him to death because even dear old Rory will be irritated by Courtney's lack of charisma.
  • what about the movie's theme song singer..........Sam Smith
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited November 2015 Posts: 5,131
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Just a reminder EON has cast 40 plus before. So that's not excuse for Elda either as folks keep grasping at.

Moore was; Dalton almost was or was

The excuse for Elba is that Bond is a white character. Nothing to do with age or acting ability.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    suavejmf wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Just a reminder EON has cast 40 plus before. So that's not excuse for Elda either as folks keep grasping at.

Moore was; Dalton almost was or was

The excuse for Elba is that Bond is a white character. Nothing to do with age or acting ability.

Yea but some are using age as the way out.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2015 Posts: 13,894
    At the risk of opening up a can of zombie worms, Moore and Dalton weren't black (might sound harsh, but i'm not interested in a black actor as Bond), and back then, EON could release a film every two films. So age is a factor, in whether an actor has a chance of being cast or not. If there is going to be a black Bond, it won't be Elba.
    That's not harsh. Just educated fact.
    Yes age is a factor but my point is doesn't have to be under 40 to be considered.

Bond is a white character... sexist... racist at least in the books, and half Swiss with a Scottish heritage.

Ok agree with all. Apart from the fact that in the books Bond isn't racist. He just shares some slightly backward views that were the norm of the times.
  • JNOJNO Finland
    Who the hell is Jai Courtney anyway?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,116
    JNO wrote: »

Lol that's exactly what I was going to ask.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You may have seen him in A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD and TERMINATOR GENISYS.

A plank of wood.
    You may have seen him in A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD and TERMINATOR GENISYS.

Oh ok ...I saw neither of those and probably won't unless I'm stuck on a plane.
    He's also in Spartacus the TV series.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883

A plank of wood.
    Absolutely. This chap makes Sam Worthington look like he has a personality. Both Aussies. Both alleged candidates at one time or another. Hopefully Bab's ability to select a quality actor remains intact.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Who will people here nominate next? Keanu Reeves?

Or how about Hayden Christensen?
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 11,425
    Hugh Grant! He'd be amazing. Seriously. Liz Hurley as the Bond girl. Cleese back as Q. Hugh Bonneville as M. Mike Myers as the villain. Guy Ritchie directing.

What might have been!
    Getafix wrote: »
    Hugh Grant! He'd be amazing. Seriously. Liz Hurley as the Bond girl. Cleese back as Q. Hugh Bonneville as M. Mike Myers as the villain. Guy Ritchie directing.

What might have been!

Music by Thomas Newman
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    :))
    Getafix wrote: »

What might have been!

Too much of a pussy. But better than a lot of the names mentioned on this site.
  • JNOJNO Finland
    A Good Day To Die Hard?

When I saw that little piece of shit I thought how low can they go... "Look around you, Bruce. Everything you ever loved, everything you ever believed in... a ruin."
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A Good Day To Die Hard?

When I saw that little piece of shit I thought how low can they go... "Look around you, Bruce. Everything you ever loved, everything you ever believed in... a ruin."

"It's you, Bruce. You are the author of all our pain."
    A Good Day To Die Hard?

The first one was great, the second good, the third ok, the rest.....shit.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    After watching 5, I gained new respect for 4. At least Bruce Willis was still McClane, in a more over the top adventure but 5 was just dreadful and shallow.
    Agreed. But 4 is still crap.
    I enjoyed 4. The kid carries it though. Willis is phoning it in, but still, it's much better than 5, which is a disgrace to everyone in it.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    bondjames wrote: »

A plank of wood.
    Absolutely. This chap makes Sam Worthington look like he has a personality. Both Aussies. Both alleged candidates at one time or another. Hopefully Bab's ability to select a quality actor remains intact.

:))
  • Jai Courtney was never a candidate. Worthington was, yes, but Jai no. He was 19 years old when they were auditioning actors for CR!
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    Jai Courtney was never a candidate. Worthington was, yes, but Jai no. He was 19 years old when they were auditioning actors for CR!
    There have been suggestions (ludicrous imho) on this thread that Courtney is a viable and perhaps even considered contender now, for when Craig hangs up the PPK.
  • If Jai Courtney is cast as Bond it will be the first Bond movie (in my movie going life) that I wait until Netflix.
    I literally don't know how he keeps getting these GREAT roles!! John McClane's son?? I could think of a hundred better actors. Kyle-Freaking-Reese?? Come on!!! He had some lines in Terminator Genesys that could have been gold if only delivered by a capable actor.

I just don't get it... maybe he's super fun on set and he's everyone's friend. But yes, if he were cast as Bond it'd be the second time we've had a plank of Australian wood.