My Version of "Writing´s On The Wall" with Video

in Music Posts: 13
Hey all,

I really love this song.
Sam Smith did a good job & I really like his voice.
I tried to put more expression & feeling on it.

Hope you like it.
Kisses, Raynna

Comments

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    ^:)^
    :-) thank you <3
  • meredith44meredith44 the great unknown
    The video feels rather cheesy to me, but your voice is really powerful and fits the song very well. You finish your notes properly. Big thumbs up!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Great voice. =D>
    A really great voice, delivered the song well and so much better than many other covers of WotW I've heard. Not a fan of the constant camera jumps in the video though even if they were matched to the separate lines in the song - it all just felt too fast visually. If the camera just stayed in the same shot more I'd see your delivery better.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That was a fantastic vocal performance. You also have really nice teeth ;)

Also, who's that creeping in the background at 3:45? :-SS
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Very nice, @Raynna. I've heard a couple good covers of this song, and I think the main key is to keep that emotion and expression in the voice, which you've down here. I also liked that you made your own video for it. While nature is beautiful, the visuals do carry an ominous feeling to them that I feel compliments the song and instrumentals.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Very beautiful... thanks for posting.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited November 2015 Posts: 5,131
    meredith44 wrote: »
    The video feels rather cheesy to me, but your voice is really powerful and fits the song very well. You finish your notes properly. Big thumbs up!

Harsh. She hasn't got the budget for the video! Professional vocal though.
  • meredith44meredith44 the great unknown
    edited November 2015 Posts: 9
    @suavejmf Oh maybe you're right, I shouldn't criticize so easily, I apologize. But I felt distracted from her amazing voice by all the effects and the camera work, I'd prefer it simpler, which also would not exhaust lots of resources. But I understand @Ryanna wanted something more happening in the video, and so I appreciate the artistic vision (I really do). I should have conveyed my opinions better.
    Hi all :-)
    I really appreciate your critics & compliments very much.
    The Video was done in 3 hours & the editing / cutting was a little more work.
    Wished to have a much bigger budget :-)
    I´m on my way, the most important thing for me is working on my singing & my voice.

This moment I´m so impressed by Adele ... she´s just amazing.

I´ll keep on working, thank you very much for your support.

Kind regards,
    Raynna
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I think you are really Rihanna but you're too modest to admit it! ;)
    :-) ... no, I´m not ... this name was an idea of the Spanish word "Reina=Queen" :-)
    Well in that case you are the Queen of my Heart. You have such talent as a singer. :x
    @Raynna - take no notice of @Dragonpol - whilst I'm a sucker for green eyes you're much prettier than Rhianna! Best of luck progressing successfully with your singing (and modelling) career.
    You´re all so lovely <3 - Thank you sooooo much :-)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Whilst your voice is bit too X-factor for my liking (although for Christ's sake take no notice of my musical opinion. The last music I bought was in the 90s) I was impressed that you did manage to breath some much needed life into the line 'The writings on the wall'.

In the original this line falls very flat and the lack of a decent chorus is what prevents this song from being a classic after a strong opening. You couldn't quite elevate it to greatness on your own because you can only work with what's written on the page but I do think you substantially improve on Sam's rendering of the title so well done for that.

My God even the miserable Wizard is handing out compliments! What's going on? Come on guys get a grip FFS! The first sight of a beautiful girl (not counting the radiant @4EverBonded and @Germanlady of course!) on here and we all become teenagers again!! Not exactly Bond like coolness and insouciance is it?

:-) so, it's very easy: You don't like it.
    Ok.
    You remind me a little of Leona Lewis too, @Raynna. :)
    :-) I hear this so offen - but I really don't agree :-)
    Raynna wrote: »
    :-) I hear this so offen - but I really don't agree :-)

I thought you both look and sound like her though. :)
    both?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The 2 attributes of looks and sound is what he means.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Let's play what last album did @TheWizardOfIce purchase back in the 90's? (to be fair there's bugger all out in the world of music since then).

I'm going to guess VS by Pearl Jam

Oh, btw your version of WotW was better than Smith's original @Raynna
    :-) ok, sorry - now I have it !
    Funny :-)
    I really love to sing & won't do anything else ...
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    royale65 wrote: »
    Let's play what last album did @TheWizardOfIce purchase back in the 90's? (to be fair there's bugger all out in the world of music since then).

Piss taking bastard!

I'll have you know I've got a broad taste, from the Britpop bands like UB40 and Def Leppard right back to classic rock like Wings (they're only the band the Beatles could've been).
    royale65 wrote: »

Piss taking bastard!

I'll have you know I've got a broad taste, from the Britpop bands like UB40 and Def Leppard right back to classic rock like Wings (they're only the band the Beatles could've been).

Your musical tastes are very similar to those of Alan Partridge, @TheWizardOfIce! ;)
    guys ... please :-)
  • Austin_ValentineAustin_Valentine Durban , South Africa
    Beautiful cover , beautiful voice , beautiful everything @Raynna ;)
    Thank you :-)