Rank the actors

Comments

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    My Girlfriends list... 1. Connery 2. Moore 3. Craig 4. Brosnan 5. Dalton 5. Lazenby..........ive tried to educate her on the Dalton era to no avail!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Sean and Roger where they should be.
    1. Connery 2. Craig 3. Lazenby 4. Brosnan 5. Dalton 6. Moore
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Both of your girlfriends have the same taste.

And the same stubbornness about the Dalton.
    Ha ha. Accidental double post after my Internet froze.
    1. Connery (forever the template for Bond)
    2. Craig (but SP better be good)
    3. Dalton (bit too intense, but victim of bad timing for serious Bond)
    4. Moore (saved the franchise/kept it going)
    5. Brosnan (victim of some bad scripts)
    6. Lazenby (great book/script and opportunity he didn't deserve)

If the question was who I'd like to have a pint wth at a pub based on easy going, good guy rep, I'd almost reverse the order

1. Moore (#1 Bond actor nice guy)
    2. Brosnan
    3. Dalton
    4. Craig (definitely no selfies)
    5. Connery
    6. Lazenby (#1 Bond actor jerk)

edited October 2015 Posts: 5,131
    Smitty your serious list is exactly the same as mine bar Lazenby who is better than Brosnan due to OHMSS being one one the best.
    Yes I kinda agree. I think my rating Is strongly colored by some interviews I've seen with Laz. He was such a jerk.
    Yes he was, agreed. But in modern interviews he agrees that he was a d*** back in 69 and he should have had a better attitude. So I assume he's matured.
    It doesn't really matter what the actors are/were like off screen. For that reason I rate Lazenby quite highly. He may have been a jerk but what a great movie!
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11,189
    My main problem with Laz's performance is that his voice sounds virtually the same throughout the whole film.

Regarding HIM, he is funny in interviews but I suspect he has a much more unpleasent side when the cameras aren't on him.
    I think Laz carries the movie well. It would have been interesting to see Connery in this movie but would he have taken it remotely seriously? It could have ended up being campy awfulness. It seems to suit the younger, less cynical approach of Lazenby a lot better.

Ditto I cannot imagine Roger having done a better job. The only other actor I can imagine having done it justice at the time was perhaps a young Dalton.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Getafix wrote: »
    I think Laz carries the movie well. It would have been interesting to see Connery in this movie but would he have taken it remotely seriously? It could have ended up being campy awfulness. It seems to suit the younger, less cynical approach of Lazenby a lot better.

Ditto I cannot imagine Roger having done a better job. The only other actor I can imagine having done it justice at the time was perhaps a young Dalton.

Just watched OHMSS and again amazed how good Lazenby is!
    I wouldn't want anyone else in the role.
    His chemistry with Diana Rigg is worth their weight in Gold!

The love story would never have worked with Connery imo.

I agree on Dalton though. That could have been interesting!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    My main problem with Laz's performance is that his voice sounds virtually the same throughout the whole film.

Regarding HIM, he is funny in interviews but I suspect he has a much more unpleasent side when the cameras aren't on him.

The same could be said of Craig, but as least Lazenby has a valid excuse (little to no formal training, at the time).

As for what Lazenby is like when the camera's aren't rolling, I don't know, and I don't think I really care. The least experienced of all the actors, but despite his acting limitations, had a go at the role, and more or less covered up his acting limitations with his confidence and athleticism.
    My official and final ranking of the actors for this year and not likely going to change soon:

Calculated from my Bond movie ranking list:

1. TIMOTHY DALTON (7.0 - 5th and 9th rank) TLD-LTK

2. DANIEL CRAIG (9.25 - 1st, 4th, 13th and 19th rank) SP-CR-QOS-SF

3. PIERCE BROSNAN (11.5 - 2nd, 10th, 14th and 20th rank) GE-TND-DAD-TWINE

4. ROGER MOORE (15.0 - 6th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 22nd and 23rd rank) OP-FYEO-LALD-MR-TSWLM-AVTAK-TMWTGG

5. SEAN CONNERY (15.83 - 7th, 8th, 17th, 18th, 21st, 24th rank) FRWL-GF-DN-TB-YOLT-DAF

Objectively I rate Sean Connery as the best, it just can't be argued. My personal rankings are based on the overall experience and feelings towards those movies and actors.

GEORGE LAZENBY (3.0 - 3rd rank) OHMSS actually would be on top this ranking! But I really cannot include him with only one movie, can I?
    1 Lazenby-the most Fleminguesque
    2 Dalton-second most Flemingian
    3 Moore-my Bond growing up
    4 Craig- damn fine Bond, could easily be no. 1
    5 Connery. Hmm, this seems wrong, he was breathtakingly good in his first three.

11. Brosnan. I refuse to bash the guy.
  • JNOJNO Finland
    1. Connery
    2. Craig
    3. Moore
    4. Dalton
    5. Lazenby
    6. Brosnan

Roger Moore is ahead of Dalton because as a kid Moore was my absolute favourite. So I kinda think that Dalton is overall a better Bond but because of nostalgic reasons I usually put Moore ahead of him in the ratings. And of course Roger has more good Bond movies under his belt since Timothy only has two...
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Guys a new IMDB poll now fpr your favorite Bond all around the other one i showed you was the Best Looking/ More attractive this is the favorite Bond poll answered by IMDBers .

http://www.imdb.com/poll/TUbLpUvRmyo/results?answer=5&ref_=po_rv

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Nothing has changed in my rankings post-SP.

1. Sean Connery (by a mile)

2. Daniel Craig

3. Roger Moore (close to Craig but SP has increased the distance somewhat)

4. Timothy Dalton
    5. George Lazenby
    6. Pierce Brosnan
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    1. Connery
    2. Craig
    3. Moore
    4. Brosnan
    5. Dalton
    6. Lazenby
    JNO wrote: »
    1. Connery
    2. Craig
    3. Moore
    4. Dalton
    5. Lazenby
    6. Brosnan

Roger Moore is ahead of Dalton because as a kid Moore was my absolute favourite. So I kinda think that Dalton is overall a better Bond but because of nostalgic reasons I usually put Moore ahead of him in the ratings. And of course Roger has more good Bond movies under his belt since Timothy only has two...

All makes sense. But for me I'd still swap Moore and Dalton.
    1 Lazenby-the most Fleminguesque
    2 Dalton-second most Flemingian
    3 Moore-my Bond growing up
    4 Craig- damn fine Bond, could easily be no. 1
    5 Connery. Hmm, this seems wrong, he was breathtakingly good in his first three.

Lazenby....Most Flemingesque
    ???? Least Fleming with that accent!!

11. Brosnan. I refuse to bash the guy.

• edited November 2015 Posts: 212
    1. Sean
    2. Daniel
    3. Roger
    4. Tim
    5. Pierce
    6. George
  • 1. Connery
    2. Dalton
    3. Brosnan
    4. Craig
    5. Lazenby
    6. Moore
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited February 2016 Posts: 1,130
    I just watche Spectre and seeing this movie has made my ranking more difficult.

I perfectly have clear that my number 1 are Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery, if I could pick just one id go for Pierce since he is the one is saw first so Connery automatically goes second place but now my third and 4th place has become much trickier if ties were not allowed

If i can have ties witn no problem id say Craig and Dalton second since Pierce and connery would be 1st but if i had to separte 3rd and 4th here it comes my indecisiveness.

Craig looks more of a Bond for the big screen, something about him I can't describe makes him more cinematic and is a little more belivable than Dalton as a hard edge Bond but Dalton is more balanced between though amd charming and looks more like the classicly handsome dark hair, lean and tall Bond.

Ok i finally made my mind if i can't have ties and need to rank them from 1-6

1 Pierce Brosnan
    2 Sean Connery
    3 Daniel Craig
    4 Timothy Dalton
    5 Roger Moore
    6 George Lazenby
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    As Bond actors or actors in general? Lazenby comes last for sure if it's the latter - he has almost no established credentials beyond Bond. Moore has somewhat fallen into obscurity, but he still had a number of good other films/TV series where he brings more serious acting than he did in his Bond flicks. Dalton is consistently good, and so is Craig. Brosnan seems to have acted better in the years since his Bond tenure ended, IMO. And Connery's magnificent as always, no doubt about that.
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    edited November 2015 Posts: 167
    ROGER MOORE

gap

Tony Curtis

another gap
    a huge gap
    again gap

Tim Dalton & Daniel Craig

Sean Connery

Pierce Brosnan

George Lazenby (only 6th because of only 1 movie, otherwise up there with Dan & Tim)
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 205
    ROGER MOORE

gap

Tony Curtis

another gap
    a huge gap
    again gap

Tim Dalton & Daniel Craig

Sean Connery

Pierce Brosnan

George Lazenby (only 6th because of only 1 movie, otherwise up there with Dan & Tim)

Now that IS shocking. I find ranking them quite a monumental task. I could probably put Lazenby 6th because of only 1 movie and objectively his acting ability is simply not up to bar with the rest. But beyond that I have an epileptic seizure and start foaming from the mouth purely from the thought of ranking them. Who is objectively the best screen Bond? Connery. Who is the closest to Fleming's Bond? Dalton. Who do I personally gravitate towards out of nostalgic reasons? Moore. SEE? IMPOSSIBLE. Let's just say I find them all equally good, and each in their very own distinctive way fit their respective movies perfectly.
    Update

1 Sean Connery
    2 Roger Moore
    3 George Lazenby
    4 Daniel Craig
    5 Timothy Dalton
    6 Barry Nelson
    7 David Niven
    8 Pierce Brosnan
    Update