Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Not to mention in Super Mario 3D World you can sometimes get "Goomba Masks" After stomping on a Goomba. ;)
    super-mario-3d-world-goomba-suit-small.jpg

And not to mention in New Super Mario Bros. When you drop Bowser in a pit of lava, he goes under and emerges as a skeleton. :))
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 12,264
    Let's not forget all of Majora's Mask X_X freaky game (but great). Maybe Miyamoto just doesn't like the guns? Frankly I'm not a big fan of most shooters myself, with a few exceptions.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2015 Posts: 4,399
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The physics and the gameplay portrait (other than the health pack pick ups) relied too much on the Call of Duty shooter type of scripture. But, story wise I loved Wolfenstein: The New Order and its prequel The Old Blood (remake of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, I dare to say). Personally, I would rather Rocksteady do a Bond game, or Kojima.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Yes, The New Order was terrific. But at this point, I'll gladly take anything.

I wonder if EON just wanted to shut the game series down for a few years and plan on making a triumphant return for maybe Bond 25? Licensed games have never been more popular (Batman, Mad Max, LEGO, Middle Earth). And that's because they're really good too.
  • QoS wasn't a good game (not terrible though), Bloodstone was an underrated game, and 007 Legends & GE Reloaded were awful. At this point though I'll take virtually anything though.
    Here's an idea! looking at star wars battlefront i would love to see a james bond game made in the same way..imagine massive multiplayer battles in blofelds volcano base or underwater battles like thunderball..one side being spectre and the other mi6 or cia..seeing as the story side to bond games take away a lot about what bond really is and make a balls of it.why not make it multiplayer only and keep survival modes in there from the movies setting like one player controls bond against silvas henchmen at skyfall..the ideas i have for this game are endless. i hope dice get the licence next!
    For me Goldeneye Was Good but not fantastic. As I always Felt Goldeneye would of been better with Dalton and since Dalton and Craig play bond similar (though the last 2 installments I fear he may be closer to Connery Being Dark and Suave in his first 2 outings and then never recapturing that sense in the later output which makes me wonder if Dalton's tenure would of been as good if we did get TPOAL and Goldeneye with him) ANYWAYS the revamped Goldeneye I liked my issue is only with the lack of third person Cover I realize that's how the original Goldeneye was but don't give us a cool feature in Quantum then abandond it in Goldeneye (and Legends but the cover system is the least of it's issues)

Honestly I have said this before and I will say this again for the Bond Video Games they should really do this

Hire Bruce Fernstien top devlope scripts based on the post Fleming novels Start with Colonel Sun and the first three Gardner (Licence Renewed For Special Services and Icebreaker) Announce all 4 ahead of time so people can get excited use the Movie Cast and Adapt it to there world. Get Andrea Bennent (I think is her name she did the voice direction on Batman the Animated Series) to get the best out of Craig Fiennes etc and cast the roles accordingly. and there you go. Trust me a developed build a good Colonel Sun Game people will not even care about Goldeneye.
    karl007 wrote: »
    Here's an idea! looking at star wars battlefront i would love to see a james bond game made in the same way..imagine massive multiplayer battles in blofelds volcano base or underwater battles like thunderball..one side being spectre and the other mi6 or cia..seeing as the story side to bond games take away a lot about what bond really is and make a balls of it.why not make it multiplayer only and keep survival modes in there from the movies setting like one player controls bond against silvas henchmen at skyfall..the ideas i have for this game are endless. i hope dice get the licence next!
    The MI6-Ops mode in 007 Legends already had that option and side-game levels with either a secondary character taking on his or her part of the story, or the player controls the villain to make an escape or accomplish an objective.
    Fair enough..but id think it would be a great idea to be able to relive those classic battle scenes from the movies as a multiplayer only experience...in my opinion bond games are always failing to capture that classic multiplayer feel from goldeneye..i read in a review somewhere that battlefront feels like a return to the goldeneye days of multiplayer fun.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 9,770
    wait there is an Mi6 ops mode in legends?

I thought that was just Goldeneye
    Risico007 wrote: »

Affirmative. And more in depth than just arcade missions in the MI6-Ops mode from Reloaded.
    I may have to replay a bit of Legends considering I only played it once and then never again (the voice actor they got for bond I found annoying)
    I found his voice decent to be honest.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I found it odd that they could bring Craig in for Blood Stone and GoldenEye Reloaded, but not 007 Legends. It seems to me, he could have just recorded his dialogue during reshoots and ADR for Skyfall.
    Probably he wanted more money, and they weren't cut out for it. Who knows?
    I'm not sure a pure multiplayer centric game based around Bond would work. It'd be fun, for a while. But i'm not sure there's enough there (as opposed to Star Wars) to warrant a full multiplayer game. A great Bond game should have an 8-10 hour great single player story with a great multiplayer component that is fun and respectful to the Bond mythos.
    Personally whoever picks up 007 I hope the mi6 modes comes back and continues and like the Arkham Series building Challenge maps based on classic bond moments and levels (Stealth level for Scaramanga's fun house would be FANTASTIC)...
    Risico007 wrote: »

Affirmative. And more in depth than just arcade missions in the MI6-Ops mode from Reloaded.

I said the same thing myself when I read this! I'm gonna have to give it a go when I get home from work today!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2015 Posts: 10,588
    I desperately want a new game in between now and Bond 25.
    Also, I replayed Blood Stone recently, and noticed how the ending strikingly sets us up for Spectre, with Nicole's description of the mystery man fitting Christoph Waltz's Blofeld more so than Silva.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I desperately want a new game in between now and Bond 25.
    Also, I replayed Blood Stone recently, and noticed how the ending strikingly sets us up for Spectre, with Nicole's description of the mystery man fitting Christoph Waltz's Blofeld more so than Silva.
    It probably seems that way, and it was previously rumoured that it could have been linking to Silva. However, a recent conversation with a friend of mine, who does interact with the writer himself (Bruce Feirstein), told me that it wasn't linking to Silva as it was rumoured by the fans. In fact, I do believe him too because a recent revelation told us that original idea for Skyfall wasn't to have someone more powerful than MI-6 and everything. The primary idea was to link to someone like Elliot Carver, a mogul and a philanthropist. Sadly, the idea didn't go ahead due to disagreements within Activision who cancelled the sequel on immediate action. I can see though that the proposed sequel's idea inspired the final draft for the 23rd Bond film.
    Shame well I am achievement hunting again so I will be primarily focusing on Splinter Cell Black list, Goldeneye Reloaded and 007 legends for my achievements this also means I will be playing those games.

As for the future I do hope that we hear something in the way 007 within the next 6 months
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Anyone know if the Legends Skyfall mission is still available?
    Some copies of the game come with it included.
    Only if you already have it downloaded. I got Goldeneye Reloaded last Christmas and my fiance went to a bit of trouble to get me a new, unopened copy for the DLC codes only for me to find that I could no longer access it.
    I have the Wii U version, I haven't beaten it yet but on the cover it says Skyfall Bonus levels included, but it didn't come with DLC codes. So I assume it's unlocked after I beat Moonraker. When I get the chance I'll see if that is the case.
    The Wii U version was released later, a few days after Skyfall came out, and the Skyfall bonus level was included, unlike the other versions which had to be downloaded. However, I believe a pirated version of the Skyfall mission for the PC can be found online.