SPECTRE Opening Titles Sequence

Comments

• edited October 2015 Posts: 1,068
    From the Colombia logo screen to M throwing a strop in his office, for me, this is as good as Bond gets. Worth the wait and admission price alone. Don't worry about WotW if it's not your thing, it all works and there's plenty to keep your attention!
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    It's interesting to see in that end credits video that they are unsing the "traditional" closing credit format for the first time since Licence to Kill.

You know, having just two centered columns crawling over the screen, one with the crew listing and the other one with the names.

Since GoldenEye they had been arranged differently, like in groups of centered paragraphs, if that makes any sense.
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    edited October 2015 Posts: 306
    It's interesting to see in that end credits video that they are unsing the "traditional" closing credit format for the first time since Licence to Kill.

You know, having just two centered columns crawling over the screen, one with the crew listing and the other one with the names.

Since GoldenEye they had been arranged differently, like in groups of centered paragraphs, if that makes any sense.

That is awesome! :D
    This would have to be the earliest a Bond song comes in over the actual film itself, wouldn't it? There's like as second in QoS and LTK, but here it's like 3-4 seconds of the song over Craig in the helicopter?
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,314
    Did it say James Bond will return? I didn't see it and it's usually bumped to the front of tuhe closing credits these days.
    It's at the end of the credits I believe.
  • JNOJNO Finland
    I´m going to see SP again today. Now I can concentrate on the details and I definitely will see is the famous line at the end of the credits or not... it has to be. At the premiere I didn´t have a chance to check it out.
    FourDot wrote: »
    This would have to be the earliest a Bond song comes in over the actual film itself, wouldn't it? There's like as second in QoS and LTK, but here it's like 3-4 seconds of the song over Craig in the helicopter?

Yeah, here it's about 15 seconds of the song over the film before the title sequence kicks in. Not to mention a rather lovely segue cue from Newman.

• antovolk wrote: »
    FourDot wrote: »

Yeah, here it's about 15 seconds of the song over the film before the title sequence kicks in. Not to mention a rather lovely segue cue from Newman.

that duration is exactly the intro/teaser of the song.
    It's very nicely integrated.

I actually think the song is superb in the context of the film
    I don't plan on spoiling anything here, but all i will say is that it helps makes some sense when it is seen along with the title song WOTW.
  • DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Wowwwwwww, is that Waltz' face they put on the octopus? That looked chilling.

a nod to
    LALD.
  • So is there any Quantum of Solace footage in this sequence? Dominic Green perhaps?
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    I really enjoyed the opening titles and I think that, despite a lot of negativity, that Sam Smith's song really fit well.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Wonderful titles. :)
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    I really enjoyed the opening titles and I think that, despite a lot of negativity, that Sam Smith's song really fit well.

Watched it again last night - and I have to say (IMHO) that song still stinks! Would really have preferred an OHMSS-type instrumental.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited November 2015 Posts: 15,423
    So is there any Quantum of Solace footage in this sequence? Dominic Green perhaps?
    There were silhouettes of Bond and Camille recreating the freefall sequence from Quantum of Solace, as they try to reach each other's hands.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    edited November 2015 Posts: 630
    Sorry, wrong thread
    I remember being disappointed when I heard Daniel Kleinman wasn't going to do QoS, but I was pleasantly surprised by MK12s finished work. I like the colour design used, the travelling bullet, the sand motif (But they should have used water too!), and especially Dans appearance. I do feel Kleinman paid homage a bit in SF titles to MK12. Craigs shadow walk etc, but I always thought Craig looked a little uncomfortable and awkward in SF titles, especially when he was shooting the mirrors moment.
    And even though I think Kleinman does his finest work for SP, again I didn't like the shots of Daniel with his shirt off and babes on either side! Kind of a Doc Savage/Garth vibe, and it didn't fit in with the rest of this superb sequence.
    Oh, I must mention one other good thing about MK12, I loved their insert titles for the various locations, Italy, London, Porto Prince. Compared to SP rather dull typefaces for Rome, Austria etc.!
  • Finally watched it at IMAX. Thumb's up for Kleinman, though SF is apparently better, SP still ranks 2nd. But just too much giveaways of some key scenes or plots, a la Spiderman 2/3. The transition from PTS to TS is awesome too with the music cue.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Agreed. All the Craig films have had excellent transitions from the pts, and they are all quite different.
  • Agreed. All the Craig films have had excellent transitions from the pts, and they are all quite different.

all but QoS.
    dire399 wrote: »
    Agreed. All the Craig films have had excellent transitions from the pts, and they are all quite different.

all but QoS.

It's a little off, i'd rather had the screen cut to black instead of freezing the image, and bond should have said something snappier.

But the transition from the TS to the rest of the movie is quite good imo, I love that shot.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Some screenshots of the gunbarrel/titles
    CSWMtxjWEAA6lSU.jpg

Thank you for sharing! The photos look great :D

The titles are the best of the Craig era.
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    I certainly don't remember any negative comments towards Kleinman pre SF. Following the staggeringly good CR and the MK Dons debacle for QOS I recall most people being desperate for Kleinman to return for SF.

Perhaps it's my mistake then, I was new to Bond fandom in 2004 and mostly spent the time between 2005-2008 warding off trolls on IMDb. Didn't join here until later. IMDb and MI6 are two vastly different beasts in that regard. I also distinctly remember Brosnan's Bond being well received when I got into Bond (especially TWINE, which has considerably dropped in pedigree throughout the years).

QOS transition is just bad. Also some great shots from the trailer when he rides in the tunnel are missing from the film. Total WTF. The editors must have been on a coke fuelled all nighter 24H a day, there's no rational explanation.
    Wasn't that chase sequence supposed to include an exploding lorry falling into a lake? I wonder if they ever filmed it, was looking forward to it but was deeply disappointed.
  • michallo_wmichallo_w Szczecin, Poland
    If anyone wants to see it I have on my pc, just please, give me some decent website I can put it on :)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The title sequence is bloody brilliant (sorry for using that term repeatedly).
    The music starts 5 seconds before the main titles begin.

The visuals are clearly the best ever, Sam Smith's WOTW is working 100%.
    The homage to the OHMSS titles sequence almost brought tears to my eyes.
    Daniel Kleinman is a genius and he gets better and better.

I hope all the critics of Sam Smith's WOTW choke on their harsh words when seeing the title sequence.