SPECTRE Opening Titles Sequence

Comments

The title sequence is bloody brilliant (sorry for using that term repeatedly).
    The music starts 5 seconds before the main titles begin.

The visuals are clearly the best ever, Sam Smith's WOTW is working 100%.
    The homage to the OHMSS titles sequence almost brought tears to my eyes.
    Daniel Kleinman is a genius and he gets better and better.

I hope all the critics of Sam Smith's WOTW choke on their harsh words when seeing the title sequence.

The titles really sell WOTW so much that you can't imagine anything more appropriate now.

All of Kleinman's Craig titles are great. I'm not so keen on his Brosnan efforts other than DAD though. They seem quite cluttered, gaudy and dated.

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    michallo_w wrote: »
    If anyone wants to see it I have on my pc, just please, give me some decent website I can put it on :)

Youtube or MEGA
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    The song and titles are indeed brilliant.
    I had managed to avoid listening to the title song before I saw the film. After hearing it, I can't imagine why it was slammed so much on the internet. It might not be the greatest Bond song ever as it lacked some punch towards the end, but that lush, beautifully Barryesque orchestration coppled with Smith's woice (I am not really a fan of his but, but the man can definitely sing) was a treat as far as I am concerned!
    Agreed. The words sounded a little soft out of context. But in the film the opening is perfect. ...classic 007.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    jobo wrote: »
    I had managed to avoid listening to the title song before I saw the film. After hearing it, I can't imagine why it was slammed so much on the internet. It might not be the greatest Bond song ever as it lacked some punch towards the end, but that lush, beautifully Barryesque orchestration coppled with Smith's woice (I am not really a fan of his but, but the man can definitely sing) was a treat as far as I am concerned!

Believe me, Smith being openly gay had a lot to do with it as he sings falsetto in the song additionally brought out the homophobia in many.
    I know that are strong words, but sadly society still has a lot of problems with openly gay men in entertainment or sports.
    Smith did a great job.....better than Adele to be honest.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I think that has a lot to do with it. I think it's a terrific song and magical
    with the titles. =D>
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Smith did a great job.....better than Adele to be honest.

I agree. While Skyfall, the song, also worked better with the titles (for me at least) it is far from being such a perfect symbiosis as WOTW is with the visual title of Kleinman.
  • michallo_w wrote: »
    If anyone wants to see it I have on my pc, just please, give me some decent website I can put it on :)

can you email the video to me?

• edited November 2015 Posts: 2,491
    I am not fan of actual people (instad of shadows and CGI-ish stuff like the person/figure/whatever/ in CR) in TSs.

The other parts were well done....buuuut........why were there Octopusses ? It seemed like hentai....and it's a specter....hence the name SPECTRE....a ghost..not an octopus...what kind of octopus has 7 legs ? And at one point there was an octopus with 5 legs around Obenhauser's figure...which..looked cool as hell but it was...weird at same point. I guess it's Spectre in a nutshell..cool things that when you think about them are not that great. but in the end you can't help but admire and like the effort and everything around it.

edit: The TS (or me being so into it) made the theme song sound decent. Good job.

• edited November 2015 Posts: 2,491
    There were shades of OHMSS with the shots of characters from the past which I liked but was I the only one who thought the topless shots of DC were a bit homoerotic? I'm not a homophobe but if Bond is in the title sequence he should be clothed. Its the women who should be naked. Is this the ultimate triumph of feminism - Bond getting his kit off in title sequences? This country.
    What OHMSS shades ?
    SPECTRE opening titles photo:
    12142065_609970702475607_1912448506_n.jpg

Wow these are surprisingly great quality!
    Some screenshots of the gunbarrel/titles
    CSWMtxjWEAA6lSU.jpg

ha! is this you ? I love how you (or who ever it is) has their legs up in the air enjoying this 100% !

I loved the "death head" it was pretty badass for some reason to me as I didn't expect it. The "entrance" to SPECTRE being the ocotpuss' legs (again...why octopus ??) was cool moment. Kleiman is really talented! Btw....do we know whose eyes are those in the "death head" ? )
    antovolk wrote: »
    Another clip:

wait....why's the title on russian...was the movie in russian there ? I don't get why some countries film movies with voice actors..

You're the real MVP of this thread!

I thought the ending credits one would be the "James Bond will return" thingy :/
    dire399 wrote: »
    dragonsky wrote: »
    There were shades of OHMSS with the shots of characters from the past which I liked but was I the only one who thought the topless shots of DC were a bit homoerotic? I'm not a homophobe but if Bond is in the title sequence he should be clothed. Its the women who should be naked. Is this the ultimate triumph of feminism - Bond getting his kit off in title sequences? This country.
    What OHMSS shades ?

i rather see it as a homage to SF TS than OHMSS.

I still don't get what the original comment was referencing :/

Sorry for quoting all these posts I hope I won't bother you with too much scrolling.. :)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    @michallo_w could you email it to me as well please? Or post it somewhere?
  • dragonsky wrote: »
    What OHMSS shades ?

i rather see it as a homage to SF TS than OHMSS.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    From all the bits and pieces i've seen until now the "Death Head" is the best part... kind of reminds me of the skier from AVTAK for some reason.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    dragonsky wrote: »
    what kind of octopus has 7 legs ?

Octopi can have almost any number of tentacles. Don t be fooled by the name.
    These were beautiful titles and *sigh* I'll admit, it made me actually like the song a little bit. My God. I've crossed over.
    I feel sorry for the antiquated attitude of some to disabled octopi. :D
  • michallo_wmichallo_w Szczecin, Poland
    It's here guys :D

https://mega.nz/#!2NJCGYjS

Says it needs a decryption key.
  • michallo_wmichallo_w Szczecin, Poland
    km16 wrote: »

Says it needs a decryption key.

My bad :/

!pU-1FfxPra4Eg1LAsgYt88feTDJu64XKV5OPZPnGrtM
    Have you tried " Granborough" ? :D
  • MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    Have you tried " Granborough" ? :D

-You mean; trying to "smoke" The Cranberries..?!

You haven't seen Skyfall yet ? :))
  • MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    -
    You haven't seen Skyfall yet ? :))

-No, The Snow hasn't Fallen Yet..!(by the way-how do you smoke the cranberries?)..!

• TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Thanks for posting that file, I got it to work eventually. Shame the end is missing but good to have it nonetheless; it'll do until the DVD comes out :)
  • tqbtqb
    How do i get this to work?
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Those tentacles wrapping around the body of that woman.... Wow..just wow....lol..
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Wish they were my tentacles.

Can someone upload this to vid.me ? My internet is so bad today, this thing is downlaoding really really slow..