SPECTRE - Press reviews and personal reviews (BEWARE! Spoiler reviews allowed)

Comments

• Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    Yes @Pierce2Daniel please do write your review! With spoilers even better!! Will come to the forum later on eagerly awaiting your post, ok? :)]
    IF he is allowed to do so. If not, a single word will do.
  • All I want to know is the following:

Is the gunbarrel back at the start.

Yes? First hurdle cleared.

Does it look good?

Yes? Second hurdle cleared.

Does it have the right gunbarrel soundtrack (ie ba-dah-bum, ba-dah-bum)

Yes? Third hurdle cleared.

Is the film any good thereafter?

Yes? We have a winner.
    As far as I have heard on Twitter from film journalists and critics there is no embargo on tonight's screenings, reviews can go out as soon as screening ends.
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    Germanlady wrote: »
    IF he is allowed to do so. If not, a single word will do.
    Of course @Germanlady! I didnt know that there was a possibility of him not being allowed. sorry for this.
    I'll be seeing the film TONIGHT, so depending on what the embargo is, I'll be sure to post my opinions and answer some questions. Getting rather excited now!

I have an idea. To avoid spoilers I beg you to pick one of the following random words down below to describe your feeling about the film....to review it :-):

The random words:

"WOW" --- "WHY" --- "GOOD" --- "BAD" --- " ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ "--- "MASTERPIECE" --- "AVERAGE" --- "STUNNED" --- "UNIQUE" --- " ♦ " --- "OK" -- "FUNNY!' --- "PLEASANT" --- "TENSE" --- "OVERCROWDED" --- " ♦ ♦ ♦ " --- "GROCE" --- "...BUT" --- "SLIGHTLY" --- "ATMOSPHERIC" --- "COOL" --- " ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ " --- "INFERIOR" --- "TERRIBLE" --- "SURPRISED" --- "NICE" --- " ♦ ♦ " --- "CONFUSED" --- "BETTER" --- "BEST" --- "EVERGREEN" --- "CLASSIC" --- "DISAPPOINTED"

Ooowh, and regarding the gunbarrel back at the start? Please only mention this @Pierce2Daniel:

--- "YES" ---or--- "NO" ---
    No details about Daniel Kleinman's design for the gunbarrel, Thomas Newman's music for the gunbarrel nor the way it zooms out. Ok ;-)?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    SF reviews appeared right after the screening, I wondered if they'd been writing them during the film the speed they appeared, I remember being up quite late reading through them.

I can imagine the same will happen with SP, SF was screened much sooner though.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I had a horrible dream last night that the PTS was replaced with Bond dressed up as Spiderman and was in NYC. Then the rest of the film was nothing as what we saw in the trailers. However, I was watching Oliver Stone's Doors biopic so that could be why my dreams were jacked up.
  • I obviously care a great deal about the gun barrel, as we all do, but more than anything, what I want to know from tonight's screening is: Is the film good? Is it great? This is especially necessary information for DC fans, because critic's reaction and word of mouth - in other words, artistic success and not just B.O. success - could very well determine whether he does another film.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'll be seeing the film TONIGHT, so depending on what the embargo is, I'll be sure to post my opinions and answer some questions. Getting rather excited now!

Embargo or not can you please tell us if you liked it at least?
    antovolk wrote: »
    As far as I have heard on Twitter from film journalists and critics there is no embargo on tonight's screenings, reviews can go out as soon as screening ends.

Looks like I won't be sleeping tonight.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Dp
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    When should we expect reviews?
    Around 10pm
  • Hi guys I'm new here, I just made an account with the MI6 community forum, I'm really excited for SPECTRE, I have been a huge fan ever since I played goldeney for nintendo 64, which sparked my interest in watching the movie, which then made me want to check out all of the movies, my fandom started ever since! Glad to join the forum!

That being said..... It is a REALLY good sign that there is no embargo on the reviews after tonight's press screening because it shows that the producers have confidence in their product. A bad sign would be if the embargo wasn't lifted until the day of release. I am really jealous of the UK because I live in the states and won't get to see it until the first week of November but thankfully it won't be too long! I will definitely be checking out the reviews, spoilers and all, because I need something! Lol.
  • I'll be seeing the film TONIGHT, so depending on what the embargo is, I'll be sure to post my opinions and answer some questions. Getting rather excited now!

Please could you answer something for me, which I know is problebly happening anyway. Will you let me know whether the traditional gun barrel opens the film, but not letting me know how it looks.
  • fjdinardo wrote: »
    Tonight is the night where we find out the one big thing were all wondering. Will the gunbarrel be back in the beginning?

Leaks say
    yes
    , but who knows what could have change during the editing process.

I'm so egger to find out this too. Ive wanted it since 2006. I just hope I come home from work and see this forum saying yes, its back!!!
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Hi guys I'm new here, I just made an account with the MI6 community forum, I'm really excited for SPECTRE, I have been a huge fan ever since I played goldeney for nintendo 64, which sparked my interest in watching the movie, which then made me want to check out all of the movies, my fandom started ever since! Glad to join the forum!

That being said..... It is a REALLY good sign that there is no embargo on the reviews after tonight's press screening because it shows that the producers have confidence in their product. A bad sign would be if the embargo wasn't lifted until the day of release. I am really jealous of the UK because I live in the states and won't get to see it until the first week of November but thankfully it won't be too long! I will definitely be checking out the reviews, spoilers and all, because I need something! Lol.

Welcome ..hope you enjoy. I think I am going to TRY and do just the opposite and stay away.

I expecting SP to be much better than SF in many ways and I am expecting to enjoy SP more than SF.

However knowing critics whether deliberate but probably not I expect the reviews to be less glowing overall. Not QoS level by any means but not across the board elation like we had with SF.

I could be wrong.
    The two latest Mission:Impossible movies both got 93% fresh on rotten tomatoes, so why can't Bond also do this. There's no reason to trash Spectre just because the last one got great reviews
    I'm not trashing SP at all. Trashing the sometimes prejudicial subjectivity of critics whether they know they are or not.

MI is the underdog ...Bond right now is not. Bond has more to prove and just seems to me that in the backs of critics' minds they will be more critical ...like "see told you so".

mcdonbb wrote: »
    I'm not trashing SP at all. Trashing the sometimes prejudicial subjectivity of critics whether they know they are or not.

MI is the underdog ...Bond right now is not. Bond has more to prove and just seems to me that in the backs of critics' minds they will be more critical ...like "see told you so".

I wasn't talking about you, i meant that there was no reason for the critics to trash it =)

mcdonbb wrote: »

I wasn't talking about you, i meant that there was no reason for the critics to trash it =)

Oh ok :) ...I agree.

dFjUJ4N.jpg
  • I'm not sure if I should bring it up in this topic or not but did anyone catch the first clip that came out yesterday? The one with M and Denbigh going at each other? I thought that was brilliant. The music that played throughout I don't think is a part of the actual movie however. Thoughts on that clip while we wait for updates from the screening??
    From all of the trailers and snips of the movie, Spectre has all of the expectations to be one of the top Bond movies. I was very impressed with Skyfall, but I just get the feeling this is going to be the one we all want to see. The cars and gadgets are back with Mendes and Craig going against Spectre in a classic but updated format. I believe you will be able to connect the dots from CR to QOS to SR and that makes it exciting. All the pieces are in place. This will be classic Bond for the next generation.
    SHF1 wrote: »
    From all of the trailers and snips of the movie, Spectre has all of the expectations to be one of the top Bond movies. I was very impressed with Skyfall, but I just get the feeling this is going to be the one we all want to see. The cars and gadgets are back with Mendes and Craig going against Spectre in a classic but updated format. I believe you will be able to connect the dots from CR to QOS to SR and that makes it exciting. All the pieces are in place. This will be classic Bond for the next generation.

Yeah I agree. I'm looking forward to re-visiting the Craig movies the nights leading up to SP.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    SHF1 wrote: »

Good to see some optimism for a change, everyone seems to be a skeptic these days.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Tonight is the night where we find out the one big thing were all wondering. Will the gunbarrel be back in the beginning?

Leaks say
    yes
    , but who knows what could have change during the editing process.

I'm so egger to find out this too. Ive wanted it since 2006. I just hope I come home from work and see this forum saying yes, its back!!!

I'm not lying this is the biggest thing I am looking forward to with Spectre.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    They're too busy squealing for jj Abrams

I have an idea. To avoid spoilers I beg you to pick one of the following random words down below to describe your feeling about the film....to review it :-):

The random words:

"WOW" --- "WHY" --- "GOOD" --- "BAD" --- " ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ "--- "MASTERPIECE" --- "AVERAGE" --- "STUNNED" --- "UNIQUE" --- " ♦ " --- "OK" -- "FUNNY!' --- "PLEASANT" --- "TENSE" --- "OVERCROWDED" --- " ♦ ♦ ♦ " --- "GROCE" --- "...BUT" --- "SLIGHTLY" --- "ATMOSPHERIC" --- "COOL" --- " ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ " --- "INFERIOR" --- "TERRIBLE" --- "SURPRISED" --- "NICE" --- " ♦ ♦ " --- "CONFUSED" --- "BETTER" --- "BEST" --- "EVERGREEN" --- "CLASSIC" --- "DISAPPOINTED"

Ooowh, and regarding the gunbarrel back at the start? Please only mention this @Pierce2Daniel:

--- "YES" ---or--- "NO" ---
    No details about Daniel Kleinman's design for the gunbarrel, Thomas Newman's music for the gunbarrel nor the way it zooms out. Ok ;-)?

Please @Pierce2Daniel ;-)? Will you do the above for me?