SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @doubleoego, if anything other than 'The Revenant' wins for Best Cinematography, I'll be dumbfounded.

Agreed. The visuals for that movie just look...otherworldly beautiful.
    Lets all support the James bond offical youtube channel by watching their trailer. =) They even removed the 5 second green screen at the beggining.

• EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    edited October 2015 Posts: 114
    Could it top Roger Deakins' work on "SF"

great photography but i don't think it would top what Roger Deakins did for SF
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Who the Dickens?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    =D>
  • [/quote]

great photography but i don't think it would top what Roger Deakins did for SF [/quote]

I have to agree with you there. I can't imagine any Bond film ever topping Deakins's work on SF. Still looks amazing, though!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That was brilliant.
    Agreed, it does look stunning and some of the dialogue is really punchy and memorable, it just all needs to come together into a cohesive story (easier said than done) but it has the potential to be one of THE greatest of the franchise.
    I love how after three trailers the movie doesn't seem close to being given away and looks so epic in scope! The bit with the helicopter at the end is breathtaking and the drama and tension I get from the trailer overall is astounding! I love how confident Bond is when confronting Oberhauser! Come on, November!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 23,883
    SW7 is going to rival this for cinematography though. I'm pretty sure of that just from the trailers.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    sweet :-bd

great photography but i don't think it would top what Roger Deakins did for SF [/quote]

I have to agree with you there. I can't imagine any Bond film ever topping Deakins's work on SF. Still looks amazing, though!
    [/quote]

that is what i really wanted to say but i was afraid of being exaggerating .. one day it will be clear that that Roger Deakins was the one behind SF uniqueness
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'm just going to say EPIC!
    Christoph Waltz looks like a brilliant Oberhauser!
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    He's gonna make a good John Harrison

[/quote]

But in any case, Hoyte van Hoytema seems to be the perfect follow-up to Roger Deakins.Wide-shots in particular give something...majestic to a film.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 23,883

But in any case, Hoyte van Hoytema seems to be the perfect follow-up to Roger Deakins.Wide-shots in particular give something...majestic to a film.

I agree, and on my recent Bondathon I realized how great EON was at doing this in the past. OHMSS & TSWLM are absolutely stunning films to look at due to wide-angle use. I have to say though, good as SF and Deakins were, on my recent rewatch, I had new found appreciation for CR & QoS (what you could make out of it anyway) in the cinematography dept. They were both quite 'grand' as well. All DC's films have been that way.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    That is an amazing trailer :-bd quite possibly the best trailer so far, this is Bond!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    LeChiffre wrote: »

Telly Savalas is my favourite Oberhauser so far.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    My sister wasn't impressed with the first full trailer but she's really loving this new one.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    Nice.

I like how they haven't really given much away this time to date. We keep seeing the same scenes with a few more thrown in.

I'm not ready to make predictions about this being better than CR (that film is a bona fide classic imho) but this certainly looks like an 'epic' Bond film. It seems to be a case of 'go big or go home'.

Not too keen on the 'yellow' hue I'm seeing everywhere, but perhaps that will be cleaned up for the final film.

Bring it on.

Agree with this. Pumped. We shall see how it plays out!
    LeChiffre wrote: »

Telly Savalas is my favourite Oberhauser so far.

agree .. far more better than Charles Gray's Oberhauser :D
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    It's amazing how much younger he looks in this than he did in SF. November 6th cant come soon enough.

We have early showing here. I am going evening of Nov 5!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    TripAces wrote: »
    It's amazing how much younger he looks in this than he did in SF. November 6th cant come soon enough.

We have early showing here. I am going evening of Nov 5!

You and I both! I already have my 7 PM tickets paid for and reserved at the box office.
    For all of you, the final full (IMAX) theatrical trailer in screenshots. Be stunned. Be awed. Your jaws will drop.

I do agree that "Mad Max: Fury Road" (John Seale A.S.C.), "The Revenant" (Emmanuel Lubezki A.S.C.), "Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens" (Daniel Mindel) and "Sicario" (Roger Deakins A.S.C., B.S.C.) are strong competitors in that field. But it also works the other way around. I also think Hoyte van Hoytema F.S.F, N.S.C. is really outperforming himself based on what I saw from the trailers. Probably.....Roger Deakins finally wins it. But so far DoP's like Daniel Mindel and Hoyte van Hoytema haven't won any big prize yet.

Anyway, judge yourself:
    49PVgm.jpg
    g2OTHx.jpg
    LgbWVxlTj.jpg
    Z9yCc.jpg
    7R9qwUlPn.jpg
    ECo5Z.jpg
    3SUvW42.jpg
    rJmyOWgF.jpg
    30roUq.jpg
    KiDLUq.jpg
    i8QS3p.jpg
    1agrJES.jpg
    hsDle6.jpg
    PWAvEY.jpg

One more thing. While I said myself that van Hoytema seems to be a perfect follow-up to Roger Deakins, he creates an atmosphere for "SPECTRE" that's entirely different from "SkyFall". While both films amaze us with wonderful wide shots and aerial landscape shots, they both 'feel' entirely different.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Don't get me wrong, SP's cinematography is looking absolutely stunning, as well, but to me, it doesn't compare to 'The Revenant' in the slightest.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, SP's cinematography is looking absolutely stunning, as well, but to me, it doesn't compare to 'The Revenant' in the slightest.

With top-notch cinematography, differences in...quality...are near untraceable. It especially goes for Academy Award nominated DoP's. So saying that "doesn't compare to The Revenant in the slightest" is a bit too soon to say no ;-).

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Is there an audio issue when Bond says, "I came here to kill you."?
  • 00Ralf00Ralf Germany
    Agreed. The Revenant was shot without an artificial light source, only with natural light and the trailer footage looks stunning. My prediction is that SPECTRE will get a nomination, but The Revenant will win the Academy Award in that category.