Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Murdock wrote: »
    Obviously, FRWL was meant to be 'Bond6'. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/007TheVideoGames/videos/506628086163788/
    Thank you for sharing this. That early Agent Under Fire stuff was awesome to look at.
    Yes, indeed. Fascinating, really. Such a shame many interesting parts from the game were cut off, such as the laser tripwires level where you play as Zoe Nightshade.

Yeah that would have been great. The early trailer made her look like a bad guy too. And even saw an Homage to GoldenEye with her driving beside the Z8.
    I assume that was the clone Zoe who was supposed to be infiltrating the CIA and killing Bond. I'd do anything to get my hands on the full script and concept written for the game.
  • bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    Thanks for that ..
    We missed the opportunity to see Brosnan in a white tuxedo for the first time :( :( ..
    edited September 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Well, a white tuxedo was planned for Brosnan in the first draft for Tomorrow Never Dies.

It's also obvious the first level from From Russia With Love (that was scripted by Feirstein) was derived from 'Bond6' which was rumored to be titled Phoenix Rising before. I'd love to get my hands on the script being written for it, really. Heck, I might want to see it adapted to a Pierce Brosnan Bond comic book.
    Terrific stuff. Still makes me sad how much we all took the EA era for granted.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 15,423
    I agree. They really loved Bond. Unlike Bobby Kotick and his minions, Activision.
    James Bond: WOE is now live on iOS and it's as uninspired as the videos showed.
  • EsotericEsoteric Poland
    Oh, World of Espionage is huge money trap, uninstalled it as fast as i downloaded it.
    I tried it myself. Other than seeing blissful models in fancy photoshoots, some good graphical artworks and holographic world map, the application offers nothing.

Tap, tap, tap. Earn some points. Tap, tap, tap. Mission completed. Some game alright.
    I tried it, I mean, it's the first new Bond game in 3 years.

Nope...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I wish EA could get the rights back to make a Bond Anthology series. OHMSS with Lazenby, MR with Moore and LTK with Dalton all reprising their roles. :-bd
    Obviously, when they announced the next game would be on smartphones/tablets, I immediately knew it wasn't going to be story-driven nor would be theatrical. So, all in all, I don't consider it to be a Bond game but rather than an expansion on Bond's film franchise entertainment and promotion.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I am a huge fan of the Hitman series and i always dreamed of a James Bond game in a similar fashion.

a couple Sandbox levels, big high society party: Bond is disguised as a guest and needs to find information, maybe assassinate one or two targets, based on information he gets. Interogate people, flirt with women to get more information.
    Killing civilians is not allowed, but Guards are Ok.

you can always have the occasional simple shooting sequence where his cover is blown and he has to fled the scene.

and to the end more Infiltration type missins like MGS when we get to the villains lair.

What are your thoughts on that?
    @00Agent: Very good, sir!

It does remind me of the Russian Embassy level from Hitman: Silent Assassin.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I wish EA could get the rights back to make a Bond Anthology series. OHMSS with Lazenby, MR with Moore and LTK with Dalton all reprising their roles. :-bd

Coming soon? :)

metzBlW.jpg
    Perfect. :D
    As much as i know I am the only one but Am I the only one disappoiunted we didn't get a video game this year I mean Hearing Fiennes explain the mission away as you play as daniel Craig's Bond in a new exciting adventure.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

metzBlW.jpg

67d21abd12c51668414ddbdb14c2b96317374585363cd022262c2bb5c4939fd7.jpg

;)

metzBlW.jpg

67d21abd12c51668414ddbdb14c2b96317374585363cd022262c2bb5c4939fd7.jpg

;)
    So sexy artwork box .. Why no word for a bond game :( :( :(
    Well, realistically speaking, we've no chance of having a[nother] video game adaptation of Licence To Kill anytime soon, at least not for a decade or two most likely, since it has had its own place in the gaming world as a standalone title promoting the film the same year it was released, and as part of the ill-fated 007 Legends which bears a very bad (to tell you the truth, an exaggerated one to an extent) reputation, so I don't think it will be a dream come true.

However, if the video game industry can surprise us and make a Dalton Bond game set in 1991 with the first Bond 17 screenplay, then that would be a fascinating experience I might add. I will, no doubt, have it added to my collection.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Well, realistically speaking, we've no chance of having a[nother] video game adaptation of Licence To Kill anytime soon, at least not for a decade or two most likely, since it has had its own place in the gaming world as a standalone title promoting the film the same year it was released, and as part of the ill-fated 007 Legends which bears a very bad (to tell you the truth, an exaggerated one to an extent) reputation, so I don't think it will be a dream come true.

However, if the video game industry can surprise us and make a Dalton Bond game set in 1991 with the first Bond 17 screenplay, then that would be a fascinating experience I might add. I will, no doubt, have it added to my collection.

That would also be good. In the same way that EON could be seen as Brosnan's 5th Bond. A full cast videogame adaption of Bond 17 could take the place of Dalton's 3rd.

Not much chance of it happening, mind, but it's nice to dream of that remote possibility.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 5,185
    if the video game industry can surprise us and make a Dalton Bond game set in 1991 with the first Bond 17 screenplay, then that would be a fascinating experience I might add. I will, no doubt, have it added to my collection.

That would be such a genius idea. i was already hoping this might become a fan project, depending on how much of that screenplay is already out there.

that movie needs to happen someday in one shape or another!

• Well, realistically speaking, we've no chance of having a[nother] video game adaptation of Licence To Kill anytime soon, at least not for a decade or two most likely, since it has had its own place in the gaming world as a standalone title promoting the film the same year it was released, and as part of the ill-fated 007 Legends which bears a very bad (to tell you the truth, an exaggerated one to an extent) reputation, so I don't think it will be a dream come true.

That would also be good. In the same way that EON could be seen as Brosnan's 5th Bond. A full cast videogame adaption of Bond 17 could take the place of Dalton's 3rd.

Not much chance of it happening, mind, but it's nice to dream of that remote possibility.

I think that'd be a cool approach to take. Instead of giving us crap tie in adaptions of the latest Bond film, give us new stories with the old Bond actors (obviously Connery wouldn't do it, but Moore, Lazenby and Dalton would be up for it, and they could probably convince Pierce and, when he's left the role, DC to sign up too, video games attract all sort of big name talent nowadays).

Either that, or just do an original story in it's own universe, as if they've cast their own Bond actor in a new film, and give an original take on it (ala the Batman games).
    Now, how about this, fellas? Just a few chops and quick drops. Here's my take on the B17 video game.
    wIfDKvE.jpg
    Now, how about this, fellas? Just a few chops and quick drops. Here's my take on the B17 video game.
    wIfDKvE.jpg

I must be dreaming!!!
    Good Lord, was he serious?

Poor chap, sometimes people are overtly sensitive.
    I guess Mr. Miyamoto never watched a James Bond movie before. :P
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 12,273
    Shigeru Miyamoto is a gaming genius, but it's a good thing that his games and Bond games stay separate.

Keep in mind Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Star Fox are my favorite game series. But Bond... obviously not for Miyamoto.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Shigeru Miyamoto is a gaming genius, but it's a good thing that his games and Bond games stay separate.

Keep in mind Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Star Fox are my favorite game series. But Bond... obviously not for Miyamoto.
    Same here and agreed. Rare took risks that were necessary and paid off well for the N64's run.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited October 2015 Posts: 7,854
    I love how that comes from a man who makes games where you bash goomba brains in by jumping on their heads. Not to mention that shrooms are Mario and Luigi's favorite snacks.