SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Wow, I just can't understand how some are confusing themselves on this matter. To me it's clearly Waltz speaking.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    As trailers often use scenes or dialogue that never makes it into the finished movie I wouldn't read too much into this.

I don't know about Blofeld being in Spectre or not but what I think is that Andrew Scott will turn out to be the real villain OR simply the political nemesis to M.

Because why cast Andrew Scott otherwise? He is destined to be a major villain or a scumbag who may want to destroy M.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    As trailers often use scenes or dialogue that never makes it into the finished movie I wouldn't read too much into this.

I don't know about Blofeld being in Spectre or not but what I think is that Andrew Scott will turn out to be the real villain OR simply the political nemesis to M.

Because why cast Andrew Scott otherwise? He is destined to be a major villain or a scumbag who may want to destroy M.

I figure Andrew Scott will end up as a bad guy, but like I've said time and time again, why hire an Oscar-winning, critically hailed actor like Christoph Waltz, just to give the archnemesis role to a lesser known actor?
    So when do we think the final trailer will be released?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    So when do we think the final trailer will be released?

Could be as early as this week - to go with the IMAX release of The Walk (also a Sony film), and also The Martian. Guess we'll find out for sure (re: this week) tomorrow evening. I think by October 9 at the latest as that's when The Walk is released in non-IMAX cinemas.

Also an interesting coincidence - the theatrical trailer landed one day before the new Hunger Games released theirs. Well guess what, they're launching their similarly short final trailer in a week (they're having it exclusive at some Best Buy stores across the US next weekend, followed by online release on Monday the 5th)

Creasy47 wrote: »

I figure Andrew Scott will end up as a bad guy, but like I've said time and time again, why hire an Oscar-winning, critically hailed actor like Christoph Waltz, just to give the archnemesis role to a lesser known actor?

AND a lesser actor, period.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited September 2015 Posts: 16,328
    ;) Keel Bond...NAO!
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • DariusDarius UK
    Well, we know from the initial teaser blurb that "Gareth Mallory, the newly appointed M, continues fighting political pressures that threaten the future of MI6", so to fight such pressures requires a nemesis character. Most people know Andrew Scott as the nemesis of Sherlock Holmes (one of the characters that inspired Fleming to create Bond), so casting him as M's nemesis would keep him in type.

In my opinion, Andrew Scott brought off Moriarty very well as a complete lunatic genius, but I doubt whether he can do an intelligent and sinister genius as well. Besides judging by the picture Murdock posted above, he looks too much like a newly graduated yuppie anxious to get up the promotion ladder.

I think that Bond will get the main arch-nemesis Oberhauser(?), while back home M gets Denbigh (Scott).

It'll probably be similar counter-plotting to what we saw in SF where it was Bond v Silva out in the field and M v Mallory locking political horns back home.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,164
    The final trailer has now been CONFIRMED to play in U.S. cinemas this week - with Lionsgate's Sicario, and in IMAX with The Walk.

http://digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com/site/dlxportal/docs/TrailMix_by_Deluxe-_WK_40_US.pdf

Runs 1:15, online release presumably by Thursday evening.
    @antovolk, thank you so much for posting that! Gives me even more reason to check out 'Sicario,' and either way, it looks like we'll be getting the trailer by Thursday or Friday at the latest.
  • RC7RC7
    I like the fact it's 1:15.
    @antovolk, thank you so much for posting that! Gives me even more reason to check out 'Sicario,' and either way, it looks like we'll be getting the trailer by Thursday or Friday at the latest.

It's a brilliant movie, saw it a bit ago, and Deakins' cinematography is especially stunning. Should be great to see the final action-packed trailer in front of that.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 40,368
    @antovolk, I'm so jealous! I've wanted to see it ever since it was announced, as I'm a huge fan of Villeneuve and Deakins (which is why I'm shockingly looking forward to the 'Blade Runner' sequel, though I know it won't touch the beauty of the original). Without spoiling anything, can you tell me if the ending is mind-blowing (mainly the last few seconds to a minute), much like they were in Villeneuve's 'Prisoners' and 'Enemy'?
  • antovolk wrote: »
    The final trailer has now been CONFIRMED to play in U.S. cinemas this week - with Lionsgate's Sicario, and in IMAX with The Walk.

http://digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com/site/dlxportal/docs/TrailMix_by_Deluxe-_WK_40_US.pdf

Runs 1:15, online release presumably by Thursday evening.

I'm certainly going to see "Sicario". For me it sounds a bit like two other favourite films of mine: "Zero Dark Thirty" and "Traffic".
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Great news! Was planning on seeing Sicario this weekend.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Great news! I was going to see Sicario this weekend too.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,164
    @antovolk, I'm so jealous! I've wanted to see it ever since it was announced, as I'm a huge fan of Villeneuve and Deakins (which is why I'm shockingly looking forward to the 'Blade Runner' sequel, though I know it won't touch the beauty of the original). Without spoiling anything, can you tell me if the ending is mind-blowing (mainly the last few seconds to a minute), much like they were in Villeneuve's 'Prisoners' and 'Enemy'?

It's way more subdued but it's still very impactful.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited September 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Denis Villeneuve wants to do a future Bond film.:hmr:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/617335-interview-sicario-director-denis-villeneuve-takes-on-drug-cartels

"t’s strange, because I understand that each genre has its own specific rules, but for me, they are all movies. I’m just attracted to try to do different things, and I was very excited to make a movie that required more action. I was raised with James Bond. I love James Bond movies. I would love to do a James Bond movie one day."
    Villeneueve would be another dream director of mine to helm a Bond film, and he's proven that he can create some moving and intense pictures, so perhaps his time will come one day.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Villeneuve would be excellent for a Bond film. It would be intense and atmospheric, that's for sure.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That could also mean a likely return of Roger Deakins. Would Villeneuve be comfortable with the scope of a Bond movie, though?
    Roll on the end of the week for the final trailer then!!!!! <:-P
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited September 2015 Posts: 5,921
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Wow, I just can't understand how some are confusing themselves on this matter. To me it's clearly Waltz speaking.

I think it's debatable. We'll see when the movie opens.

But didn't they basically do that with Ralph Fiennes in SF? A great actor in a lesser role?

I just hope that the movie doesn't draw too many personal connections between characters. That is my biggest fear.
  • doubleoego wrote: »

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/617335-interview-sicario-director-denis-villeneuve-takes-on-drug-cartels

"t’s strange, because I understand that each genre has its own specific rules, but for me, they are all movies. I’m just attracted to try to do different things, and I was very excited to make a movie that required more action. I was raised with James Bond. I love James Bond movies. I would love to do a James Bond movie one day."

YES. Barbara Broccoli, are you listening?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 10,586

I honestly think she is. I have this theory that EON hires people to spy on forums such as this one, during the production of a Bond film.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    jake24 wrote: »

I honestly think she is. I have this theory that EON hires people to spy on forums such as this one, during the production of a Bond film.

Eon (under MGW) is way too cautious for this. They just ended the McClory lawsuit; they don't need another one!
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Why pay someone though? Lol
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Why pay someone though? Lol
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    echo wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

Eon (under MGW) is way too cautious for this. They just ended the McClory lawsuit; they don't need another one!

Why would they need to spy? Is it illegal for them to read comments on Bond forums?

But anyway I'm certain they don't. They'll never get anything finished if they read the debates here....there's a whole thesis here on the "waste of good scotch" line for Christ's sake!!!

Villeneueve would be another dream director of mine to helm a Bond film, and he's proven that he can create some moving and intense pictures, so perhaps his time will come one day.

Amazing director. And fellow Quebecker.