SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

1969799101102121

Comments

  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe "I need a year off" Craig
    Posts: 7,273
    Its amazing how similar Waltz and Scott sound! They actually managed to sneak a bit of Scott into the dialogue, perhaps to keep us guessing who the villain could be?
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 389
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    In my opinion, that line ("you have come across me so many times" or so) is delivered by Scott. In the trailer, they have mixed two different Waltz lines and that one.

    Wrong. It's Waltz all the time.
    We had this discussion already months ago.

    As I said then: why should Waltz be dubbing Scott in the german version?
    Waltz speaks all these lines.

    In the Castilian-Spanish and in the Latino-Spanish it is the same voice, too. However, I think it´s some kind of "mistake" . I´m afraid we must wait to know.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,090
    People are just mishearing things. It's Waltz.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    edited September 2015 Posts: 364
    Doe anyone want to place wagers? I mean, I don't think I've ever seen two sides so entrenched in their camps in a debate regarding a movie that hasn't come out out yet. The confidence with which some people are saying the voice belongs to so and so suggests they've seen the film and know it inside out.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,090
    I'm confident in my hearing and listening abilities. It's Waltz.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    edited September 2015 Posts: 364
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I'm confident in my hearing and listening abilities. It's Waltz.

    I'd never argue that you aren't confident. I'm just amused (playfully, nothing mean spirited) by you and those arguing that it's Scott being, as you put it, confident in your hearing and listening. Both sides are basically annoyed and surprised that the other can't hear what they are hearing, all of this when no on has viewed and heard that dialogue in context.
  • eddychaput wrote: »
    Doe anyone want to place wagers? I mean, I don't think I've ever seen two sides so entrenched in their camps in a debate regarding a movie that hasn't come out out yet. The confidence with which some people are saying the voice belongs to so and so suggests they've seen the film and know it inside out.

    Maybe there is a reason...
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,079
    I am more convinced that it's not Waltz than I am convinced it is Scott. So it's possible that it's someone else entirely. But I definitely do NOT hear Christoph Waltz in those lines.

    I'm not trying to be overly argumentative...but this discussion is a nice way for me to get my post count up. I want #1000 to be my review of Spectre. So I have a lot of posting to do between now and then to time it just right. :D
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    edited September 2015 Posts: 364
    TripAces wrote: »
    I am more convinced that it's not Waltz than I am convinced it is Scott. So it's possible that it's someone else entirely. But I definitely do NOT hear Christoph Waltz in those lines.

    I'm not trying to be overly argumentative...but this discussion is a nice way for me to get my post count up. I want #1000 to be my review of Spectre. So I have a lot of posting to do between now and then to time it just right. :D

    LOL. I could use a bump up too.

    IT IS WATLZ. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT. I DARE YOU TO POST AGAINT SAYING THAT IT ISN'T.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,116
    w2bond wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Patrice fall was perfect for the film in the film ...violent and befeating.

    Meh. Too CGI. The artistic fight should have extended to the death shot

    Well they couldn't very well drop him for real lol :P

  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Posts: 364
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    w2bond wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Patrice fall was perfect for the film in the film ...violent and befeating.

    Meh. Too CGI. The artistic fight should have extended to the death shot

    Well they couldn't very well drop him for real lol :P

    Being in a Bond film is all about the sacrifice!
  • I didn't even know there was a debate going on about Scott vs. Waltz on that line, so I went back and listened to the two trailers especially for it.. I have to admit that I haven't seen Waltz very much on screen so I'm not terribly familiar with his voice, but as somebody who's watched a *lot* of Sherlock, I cannot - for the life of me - hear Andrew Scott's voice in that line. It's Waltz.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 2,880
    You people arguing if it's Waltz or Scott, should just ask in the leak-thread. People who have read the script can give you a clear answer without giving anything away.
  • Posts: 1,552
    Sounds like Ben Whishaw to me ;)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Posts: 6,185
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    w2bond wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Patrice fall was perfect for the film in the film ...violent and befeating.

    Meh. Too CGI. The artistic fight should have extended to the death shot

    Well they couldn't very well drop him for real lol :P

    120521-skyfall-teaser-4.jpg

    They dropped someone for real!
  • mcdonbb wrote: »
    w2bond wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Patrice fall was perfect for the film in the film ...violent and befeating.

    Meh. Too CGI. The artistic fight should have extended to the death shot

    Well they couldn't very well drop him for real lol :P

    Well, that's the whole thing @mcdonbb . Just watch Sandor's fall in TSWLM. In those days you could only make it appear as if someone really fell. People in those days weren't attached to high cables on big cranes. I guess first time they used wires were actually in MR.

    Hence why I think CGI is so incredibly important and, especially on here, an underappreciated art of moviemaking. I mean, back in 1973 Guy Hamilton risked the life of his crew to 'play' with these crocs. As of today it's even way more dangerous to do a similar trick with komodo dragons! People tend to forget that completely sometimes.

    CGI is very important. Thank God we have Steve Begg and his team doing all this stuff right at this very moment. Otherwise we could not have included such gripping scenes like those with the komodo dragons, the entire destruction of the MI6-building and all that jumping from high altitudes! :-)
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    Posts: 91
    perhaps it's Walz in the trailers and Scott in the film ;-)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited September 2015 Posts: 5,717
    I am a visual effects aficionado and can understand the prejudice against poorly done CGI, poorly being a subjective opinion; but when used properly it is an incredible tool. I actually love the dragon scene. Here is a great little feature dealing with the use of CG imagery.
  • Posts: 12,948
    That's definitely Waltz.
    Oh come on, it's waltz. Stop it

    Yup. I know some people really want Andrew Scott to be Blofeld but that's pulling strings.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,010
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Patrice fall was perfect for the film in the film ...violent and befeating.

    I appreciate everyone's Sherlock moments guessing who is saying the line.

    I think "perfect" isn't the correct word to describe what we received in the film, as the practical slow motion fall we saw in the trailers was much, much better. Just another instance of unnecessary CGI in SF that takes me right out of the experience.
  • talos7 wrote: »
    I am a visual effects aficionado and can understand the prejudice against poorly done CGI, poorly being a subjective opinion; but when used properly it is an incredible tool. I actually love the dragon scene. Here is a great little feature dealing with the use of CG imagery.

    This is exactly what I mean @Talos7 . It's the first time I see that these mountains on the background of "Mad Max" were actually....fake @-) . And in all honesty, after the first time I watched "SkyFall" in cinema I really couldn't see anything 'fakeness' about the komodo dragons or the terrorist attack on the MI6-building.

    I think we have to accept the fact that without CGI nowadays movies would look less realistic....how weird that may sound.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,010
    Surprises me how some of you don't notice the CGI in things such as Bond and Patrice's faces when riding the motorbikes, Patrice's fall, the komodo dragons, the helicopters on Silva's island, etc.
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Posts: 16,035
    I notice it, but it doesn't bother me. :P
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,010
    Well I envy you, because bad CG always manages to take me out of a scene. Call me a pessimist, but it's why I avoid CG-heavy movies these days ('Age of Ultron,' 'Jurassic World,' etc.).
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Posts: 16,035
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Well I envy you, because bad CG always manages to take me out of a scene. Call me a pessimist, but it's why I avoid CG-heavy movies these days ('Age of Ultron,' 'Jurassic World,' etc.).

    I don't blame you really. I've exposed myself to so many movies with it. I tend to watch the syfy channel alot and those movies are packed full of crappy CGI. I'm thankful that Many big budget movie's CGI isn't that bad. Though I thought the CGI in Kingsman was laughable and comparable to that of a syfy channel. :))
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 5,717
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Surprises me how some of you don't notice the CGI in things such as Bond and Patrice's faces when riding the motorbikes, Patrice's fall, the komodo dragons, the helicopters on Silva's island, etc.

    The faces, absolutely, not so much, if any, the rest.

  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,010
    The helicopters are forgivable - it's not the worst - but the komodo dragons and Patrice's fall kill me.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,116
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The helicopters are forgivable - it's not the worst - but the komodo dragons and Patrice's fall kill me.

    Forgetting CGI for a moment I prefer the one they used in the film. It was a violent death ...not the ballerina type fall used the trailer.
  • Posts: 1,309
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The helicopters are forgivable - it's not the worst - but the komodo dragons and Patrice's fall kill me.
    That's a bingo.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,116
    What's wrong with the dragons?

Sign In or Register to comment.