Total Film Mag gives us 15 Bond heir apparents after DC.

13»

Comments

• just found out elbra is 39, i thought he was in his 40s. So depending on when craig leaves, maybe he could squeeze out one or two films. I hope so.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Why do we want someone for one or two? At least four is more ideal.
  • I just don't get why we need to play the PC game in a Bond film. Sure, Elbra is a good actor, but the bottom line is, he doesn't fit the Bond description Fleming gave us.

It's the same reason I don't want an American to play Bond. It's the same reason I don't want Fassbender to play Bond (he was born in Germany.) Bond is a white, British male born in England.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 886
    I just don't get why we need to play the PC game in a Bond film. Sure, Elbra is a good actor, but the bottom line is, he doesn't fit the Bond description Fleming gave us.

It's the same reason I don't want an American to play Bond. It's the same reason I don't want Fassbender to play Bond (he was born in Germany.) Bond is a white, British male born in England.
    Well I guess some people feel as that criteria ( United kingdom born/or Commonwealth ) was stretched what with Brosnan being born in the Republic of Ireland and all.
    I have to agree with you though.

Interesting list. Good actors but I have to agree with most: these guys are too old. Maybe we are being too premature anyway. Craig is just getting warmed up. But i have some feeling that SkyFall may be his last outing as 007.
    Colin Firth would have been a great choice but he will be too old.
    Lets enjoy Criag as Bond for as long as we can and when the time is right they will find someone unknown at this time and he will slide right into the tux.
  • Why do we want someone for one or two? At least four is more ideal.
    im just thinking about elbras age to be honest because i think craig will probably do at least 1 more after skyfall.

@OHMSS69 i think firth would be perfect as the next M. He'd put craigs bond in his place rather than treat him like its his kid.
  • I just don't get why we need to play the PC game in a Bond film. Sure, Elbra is a good actor, but the bottom line is, he doesn't fit the Bond description Fleming gave us.

I get what your saying, but think about this, bond was also supposed to look nothing like sean connery. And only 2 of the bonds have actually been born in england. The way i see it, bond has changed so much, none of them really look alike, and the literary bonds image has basically been lost. So if bonds face and body can change over and over, why not his skin colour??? EG: bond went from a guy verging on 60 who cracked one liners and used comedy at every turn to a dark, cold secret agent who i would say is verging on 40. Then he went from a suave irishman to a badass blonde english man. So if all thes things can change i don't see any reason for why his skin colour can't. But thats just the way i see it and you have your own opinion.
  • Count Assbender out (the man with a huge reputation infront of him ;-) ) Rumor abound about him playing Solo in new Men From Uncle movie - starts shooting in March 2012
    Fassbender all the way in a couple of films time although I,m sure DC would be well capable of going on beyond Brosnan's age. Whoever comes next has got the same sizeable challenge George faced when taking over from the great man. Still like Tom Hardy as a contender also.
  • Individuals aside, but this is the same Hardy that played the Brosnan, :O sorry, BRONSON, character in Jail right?, he's got a physique that makes Craig's appearance in CR look like a character out of an L S Lowry painting, we don't need big hulking brutes as James Bond, at least I'd like to keep it sensible or aren't we allowed to have what Fleming intended anymore and anything goes. I think now it is the latter more than anything rather than keep true to original ideas and specifications

As for Craig, what, 43 years of age now, he's still good for another two or so movies after this calendar year including SkyFall but I can't really see him going past Brosnan territory and certainly not pushing 50 etc

(I've just read that Hardy put on some extreme bulk or muscle for his prison picture and is not necessarily as big as he was then for the time of filming, I don't know much about this person, this Jail film with him was the only one I ever saw)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

(I've just read that Hardy put on some extreme bulk or muscle for his prison picture and is not necessarily as big as he was then for the time of filming, I don't know much about this person, this Jail film with him was the only one I ever saw)
    Well, considering TDKR is still filming it is safe to say Hardy is still bulked up for playing Bane.
  • And there's no guarantee that this Hardy will ever be approached to play Bond in a future presentation, it is merely speculation

From what I saw of him last time out I wouldn't want my favorite secret agent stripping off and asking Moneypenny to rub him down with butter and then running amok naked at Blofeld and his minions or whoever is included at the time or release [-(

Anyone who has seen the movie needs no explanation
    Well, considering TDKR is still filming it is safe to say Hardy is still bulked up for playing Bane.
    Actually, TDKR wrapped filming a couple weeks ago... On to post!

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Really?! I had no idea. It doesn't seem possible.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 117
    Colin Firth for smeg's sake?!?!?
    Cavill is my guy for the part. End of.
    Colin Firth for smeg's sake?!?!?
    Cavill is my guy for the part. End of.
    Yeah, if you've got here late it is unanimous that the list is utter crap.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator

Really?! I had no idea. It doesn't seem possible.
    Filming ended on Monday, the 14th, as was planned all along, so their timetable really was kept too. Good on them. Now, we just have to wait until July to see how it all ends.