Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

A little off topic, but has anyone tried playing GE Reloaded online lately? The servers have been down for a while, anyone have any info on it and whether they are down for good?

I think they're down for good. I got the game this past Christmas and was unable to download the dlc code that came with it. I may be mistaken, but I think all Bond stuff has been removed from the PS Store.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I'm up for some 007 Legends multiplayer too.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Why anyone would be scrambling to find, download, and play this is beyond me.

You'd be better off doing something else. Anything else. Literally, anything at all, like go for a walk or bake a cake or build a birdhouse with nothing but wood, nails, and your forehead. Any of these things would be more enjoyable, surely.

He's right, unfortunately.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    JET007 wrote: »
    A little off topic, but has anyone tried playing GE Reloaded online lately? The servers have been down for a while, anyone have any info on it and whether they are down for good?

I think they're down for good. I got the game this past Christmas and was unable to download the dlc code that came with it. I may be mistaken, but I think all Bond stuff has been removed from the PS Store.

That's not a big surprise. I bought the game only six months after it was released, and there were still more people playing the Wii version than the PS3 version. Barely anybody played Reloaded online.
  • JET007 wrote: »

The games and all the dlc were removed from online, you can still get the Skyfall dlc for Legends though, the servers for Reloaded are back online, I asked Activision about it, didn't receive an answer, but the next day, the servers were back up.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I think it's safe to say we could easily move on and put Activision's games to one side since they weren't much of an impact-leaving materials upon the most of us. It's rather sad, however, that we don't have assuring source where EON/Danjaq would say something about the future of the Bond games whether they have cancelled their ongoing status or are waiting for the proper moment to leap onto.
    for me each developer had good games and bad games

Activision
    Good
    Blood Stone
    Goldeneye
    Quantum of Solace

Bad
    No Blood Stone Sequel (it was in development and then got canned)
    No Proper Bond Game in 2009 (they promised a new one each year)

EA
    Good
    NightFire
    From Russia with Love
    Ok
    Everything or Nothing
    Agent Under Fire
    Bad
    Goldeneye Rogue Agent
    007 Racing
    Tomorrow Never Dies being a PS1 Exclusive
    NO BLACK JACK LEVEL FOR N64's World is not Enough video game.

Like I said over all I would argue we were very blessed would I love for Ubisoft or 2KGames or whomever to come in and give us Colonel Sun or Spectre or heck even Tomorrow Never Dies the Daniel Craig edition lol Sure but we probably won't get that...

Yes I am so desperate for a bond game that if Tomorrow it was announced 2KGames is doing Tomorrow Never Dies the Video Game with Daniel Craig as James Bond 007 I would jump for joy even though that is not my favorite film I prefer original stories and I prefer Ubisoft I don't care it's a new bond game for consoles... SEE How desperate you made me EON.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 352
    What do you think if a Bond game had elements like this? The action, dialogue, plot and humor are excellent. I love the Uncharted series.

I feel that the Bond franchise would do well if they had these developers, or even Rockstar Games from the Grand Theft Auto series, step into the role and start writing games.

Bond games need to be like this. I literally got chills watching this. The action, the humor, the side banter. The graphics are beautiful and on-par to a Bond adventure. Even the part where Drake is swinging from the rope over the water has that "A View To A Kill" vibe to it, when Roger Moore is hanging from the blimp.

If Bond franchise want's the video game sector to be successful, this is a great example to follow. I would go a step further and say to employ the development and story writing team of the Uncharted franchise and have them pen a script and make a game.

Any thoughts on the video/my opinion?

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    HASEROT wrote: »
    QOS multiplayer was fine .. I had some fun playing that game .. But after seeing and playing Batman games .. Im so jealous now .. Batman fans got what they need and even more .. With 4 excellent games on the last 5 years !!!! James Bond definitely need a developer like Rocksteady .. They even could get alot of money from those games if they were developed correctly.. James Bond games should fill the gaps between the movies .. Like between SKYFALL and SPECTRE we should've got two bond games :( :( :(

all Ubisoft needs to do is ditch Splinter Cell - and take the same gameplay and apply it to a James Bond game... Splinter Cell/Sam Fisher isnt the same without Michael Ironside anyway lol.

I'm a strong advocate against Ubisoft getting the Bond license, because I'm sure that if they got the license, we'd see them doing to Bond what they do with Assassin's Creed, and we'd see one game a year with little improvement and a lackluster story. Ubisoft is no better than Activision in that regard, because Activision do it with COD and Ubisoft does it with Assassin's Creed.

No. Ubisoft doesn't deserve the Bond license. If Kojima Productions was still around, they would be my suggestion.

i agree with 100% on what Ubisoft has done to the Assassin's Creed franchise.. what they've done is split that franchise between 2 different sub-studios (much like Activision did with COD, by splitting it between Treyarch and Infinity Ward).. and instead of getting a great game every other year, instead, we get over-saturation because a studio doesn't know when to reel it back in... so now instead of taking time to craft one good game, each company has to rush to meet a deadline - and nothing good comes out of rushing.. and the last 4 Assassins Creed games don't hold a candle to the first 4 at all....

where i differ though - is that i am so starved for a good Bond game, that if Ubisoft wanted to do one, I'd be willing to roll the dice as a fan with them, regardless of their history with Assassins Creed - simply because it can't get any worse than what we've already been subjected to by Activision and that stupid mobile game... hopefully, they would treat it with the same TLC they did Splinter Cell over the years - i know right now, Splinter Cell as a franchise is practically dead, but they had an amazing run of about 5 games.. i could live with that for Bond.

There are better gaming companies out there that i would like to see take on the Bond franchise (ie: Rockstar, Rocksteady, Naughty Dog)... but if i got something like this video below from Ubisoft (or anyone else for that matter) they can take my money...

there is rumors of a new next year...

However if you right and SC is dead Man I am kind of done with video games as my 3 favorite video game franchises are all basically on hiatus

Batman (after arkham knight Wb montreal could do something but they seem to be devloping a sucide squad game.. my only solace is there MIGHT be an Injustice gods among us 2 in late 2016 Yes I know Arkham Knight just came out and in truth I haven't played it yet but i will)

Bond (they don't even have a devloper)

Splinter cell (rumors of a 6th game but nothing concrete)

Here's hoping all 3 franchises get dusted off again
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,399
    @Risico007

i loved Splinter Cell as well - up to the last one.. granted, i didn't play Blacklist.. but a Splinter Cell game without Michael Ironsides as Sam Fisher makes me feel dirty lol.. it's just not the same... i understand that they were rebooting - but was it really necessary? Every game in that series from beginning to end was fantastic, and it was all in a neat timeline.... but Ubisoft really shot itself in the foot by not bringing Ironsides back - just for the sake of motion capture - i know it bothered me as a fan, and apparently it ticked off a bunch of other fans as well, as the game only sold around 2 million units - well short of Ubisoft's projected 5 million... I don't know if sacking Ironsides is what killed it, but i'm sure it made a dent - as fanboys (especially videogame fanboys lol) are extremely loyal, and anal about their beloved characters.... we'll see what happens here in the next year or so with SC.. but because Blacklist sold so poorly, it really doesn't give me hope about another game without some kind of overhaul going on... but perhaps a jump to XB1 and PS4 will help revitalize it.... i know the Tom Clancy team are busy with the new Rainbow Six and The Division right now...

in terms of the Arkham series... i could be wrong, but i heard there is a possibility of Rocksteady continuing on in a similar style but with the Justice League... i could be completely wrong, and i can't even remember where i heard that - so please take with a grain of salt.... but as huge as the Arkham series, i doubt that it's finished... it'll be revived somehow... Everyone thought Halo and Master Chief were "over" after Halo 3 - now look lol... so never say never in the gaming industry..

i think in time, Bond will resurface in the videogame world... its inevitable... but i think there needs to be some time to let the bad tastes of the past couple games to wash out of people's mouths (and their collective consciousness lol)... the property has potential - and dare i say unlimited potential - that whoever can get the rights and crack the code of making that one terrific Bond game that makes everyone forget the last 10 years of games - then they will be sitting on a gold mine.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Maybe when Playtonic Games. (Ex Rare team.) finishes their spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie, "Yooka-Laylee." They could have a stab at making a new Bond game for the modern age.
    Playtonic-Logo-620x349.jpg
    i think right now the only former developer i'd really like to see do a new Bond game is EA... they are a far cry from where they were when they last made Bond games.... imagine playing a Bond game with that new Frostbite engine they developed for Battlefield and the new Star Wars Battlefront.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 3,157
    Murdock wrote: »
    Maybe when Playtonic Games. (Ex Rare team.) finishes their spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie, "Yooka-Laylee." They could have a stab at making a new Bond game for the modern age.

We should suggest this in the Playtonic forums!
    I remember reading somewhere that Playtonic intended to have multiple teams working on multiple games (like Rare); perhaps they could contact ex-Free Radical Design team (creators of GoldenEye 64) and ask them to make the next Bond game.
    Grant Kirkhope would love to work on a Bond game for sure, and if he made a good score for GoldenEye 64, imagine what he could do with a full orchestra and 20 years of experience.

Murdock, you are a genius :D
    Walecs wrote: »

I remember reading somewhere that Playtonic intended to have multiple teams working on multiple games (like Rare); perhaps they could contact ex-Free Radical Design team (creators of GoldenEye 64) and ask them to make the next Bond game.
    Grant Kirkhope would love to work on a Bond game for sure, and if he made a good score for GoldenEye 64, imagine what he could do with a full orchestra and 20 years of experience.

@Walecs,They also have the audience too. Yooka-Laylee's Kickstarter Campaign raised a million dollars over night and met all of it's stretch goals in a week.
    Walecs wrote: »

@Walecs,They also have the audience too. Yooka-Laylee's Kickstarter Campaign raised a million dollars over night and met all of it's stretch goals in a week.
    Yeah, imagine how much they could raise with a James Bond kickstarter campaign! It'd be Rare/Playtonic fans + Bond fans!
    I was playing Nightfire recently and was really wishing this game had an HD re-release with Brosnan revoicing Bond. I hate whoever they got to voice Bond in Nightfire.
  • michallo_wmichallo_w Szczecin, Poland
    Remember 007 Nightfire Reloaded? What happened to this project?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It didn't get funding or manpower.
    Shame, I was really looking forward to it. Did they release some pics or sth?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited September 2015 Posts: 15,423
    @Murdock, because Brosnan wasn't even in the original plan. They didn't get him until the game's beta version was almost completed. It was supposed to be a continuation (which it is) of Agent Under Fire. But, I would have really preferred if it was Andrew Bicknell's voice instead of Caulfield's, who imitated the latter, half-successfully.
    Still not on U.S. iTunes. Maybe they are waiting for Spectre to come out before they unleash this seeming abomination on the masses?
    good god why... ....
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    JET007 wrote: »
    Still not on U.S. iTunes. Maybe they are waiting for Spectre to come out before they unleash this seeming abomination on the masses?

Well, it's on the Canadian iTunes. I downloaded it, played for 15 fifteen minutes, then deleted it. In fairness:
    A) I'm not a big gamer
    B) I'm even less adept at strategy/role playing games (I was big on sports themed games in my youth)

Despite that, this looked, sounded and felt remarkably ineffective and unauthentic as a Bond game. I don't think I've ever played a game in which "battling" against a foe was as mundane and uninteresting as in "World of Espionage"

• What do you think if a Bond game had elements like this? The action, dialogue, plot and humor are excellent. I love the Uncharted series.

I feel that the Bond franchise would do well if they had these developers, or even Rockstar Games from the Grand Theft Auto series, step into the role and start writing games.

Bond games need to be like this. I literally got chills watching this. The action, the humor, the side banter. The graphics are beautiful and on-par to a Bond adventure. Even the part where Drake is swinging from the rope over the water has that "A View To A Kill" vibe to it, when Roger Moore is hanging from the blimp.

If Bond franchise want's the video game sector to be successful, this is a great example to follow. I would go a step further and say to employ the development and story writing team of the Uncharted franchise and have them pen a script and make a game.

Any thoughts on the video/my opinion?

I still think the games would benefit if they were made like this. Naughty Dog or Rockstar, in my opinion, would do well to create an interesting and engaging plot line, as well as fresh, clean, realistic graphics and exceptional gameplay.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,399
    nothing pertaining to Bond.. but i thought this might interest some here...

Naughty Dog director jokes about wanting Half Life license, to make a Half Life 3 game... also drops subtle hint on there being an upcoming sequel to The Last Of Us..

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/11/naughty-dog-director-asks-valve-for-half-life-3-rights-over-twitter/

http://gamerant.com/the-last-of-us-2-naughty-dog-confirmation-102/

can we as a collective fan base flood his twitter account and beg his studio to take the James Bond license??... Good god i would cry tears of joy if Naughty Dog got the rights to do a James Bond game - and you know, with a studio like them doing it - it would give the gaming property instant credibility again..
  • bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    nothing pertaining to Bond.. but i thought this might interest some here...

Naughty Dog director jokes about wanting Half Life license, to make a Half Life 3 game... also drops subtle hint on there being an upcoming sequel to The Last Of Us..

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/11/naughty-dog-director-asks-valve-for-half-life-3-rights-over-twitter/

http://gamerant.com/the-last-of-us-2-naughty-dog-confirmation-102/

can we as a collective fan base flood his twitter account and beg his studio to take the James Bond license??... Good god i would cry tears of joy if Naughty Dog got the rights to do a James Bond game - and you know, with a studio like them doing it - it would give the gaming property instant credibility again..

I would join for sure .. I had something similar in mind but with David Wilson .. He has a Twitter account.. It's easier to reach him as he is the producers of the 007 games ..
    an assault on both fronts... half of us flood David's account - then the other half flood the guy from Naughty Dog.. and we try to bring them together like some Parent Trap type of movie plot lol.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    an assault on both fronts... half of us flood David's account - then the other half flood the guy from Naughty Dog.. and we try to bring them together like some Parent Trap type of movie plot lol.

Oh, I can't wait for all the romantic montages! Since you're the film guy, I'll leave that up to you, @haserot.
    i can't do romance... melancholy, horror, misery, bad silly humor - thats my specialty lol