OMEGA appreciation thread (formerly Reliable Omega replica watches?)

2456719

Comments

  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited July 2015 Posts: 954
    Yes, the Brosnan/early-Craig era Omega SMP 300m is very affordable when compared to the pricing on the newer and current Omega's...

    Here is another shot of mine on a Spectre Nato strap, leaning against my DB5..

    19935855355_0b3c311f44_b.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,121
    Ok so I sold my SF AT and picked up the SPECTRE seamaster 300 master co-axial.
    20150424_151702.jpg

    20150424_153156.jpg

    20150424_153109.jpg

    20150424_153021.jpg

    20150424_135442.jpg
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Posts: 2,138
    Nice mate, prefer the AT myseld, but lovely watch. Congrats!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Posts: 13,384
    Nice watch, Congratulations. :)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,121
    Cheers, chaps. The AT is a gorgeous watch and I will miss it to a degree. :)
  • Posts: 3
    (my first post here, actually registered because of this thread, I searched for a long time for an affordable Omega alternative and thought I would share)

    One decent inexpensive option is the Aquaspeed by Rotary, it is quartz, costs around US$50 or so. It bears a striking resemblance to the Omega Seamaster. I would love an Omega Planet Ocean, but I doubt I will ever be able to afford one. This watch looks fantastic, gets compliments and, best of all it looks very similar to Bond's Seamaster

    shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKxM-pH9k20Y9kdKyMQvr1XjrwPQo38fkRlHl3rdSqA-8SuDi5GdbAYh4irTOpJZhrX372Q6A&usqp=CAE
  • you should always buy a real omega/rolex.. patek! the knock offs just do not look or feel like the real thing. I have the SMP 300 (1120) and the new master coaxial (black dial not the blue) amazing watches that make it a pleasure to know what time it is. (also have a 59 seamaster and 61 constellation)
  • DragonpolDragonpol Writer @ http://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 16,103
    It's all a case of "You sold me a crumby watch. I want my money back."
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    I agree, save up and get the real deal. It's worth it, believe me. Construction and time keeping is superb, especially with the newer 8500 movements, but also with the previous 2500D movements.

    I own a Planet Ocean (like Bond's in QoS or Jeremy Clarkson's) and love it. I also have a Railmaster (also worn by Clarkson from time to time) for dressier occassions.

    20140712_railmaster2.jpg

    Well worth the investment gents. The newer ones are pricey so go 2nd hand. Forget the crappy replicas.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,121
    Yes! Get the real thing. The pride and joy of owning the real thing is a feeling like no other.

    I owned the skyfall aqua terra

    image-20.jpg

    image-19.jpg

    And then got the spectre seamaster 300 master coaxial

    20150424_153021.jpg

    20150424_135442.jpg

    Recently added the Bond nato to it

    20150609_141642.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    Loving that nato @doubleoego. Very Bondian (GF/TB) indeed.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,121
    Cheers. Your two pieces are excellent choices of watches.
  • Posts: 632
    More and more, I find myself starting to like the SPECTRE strap. Very nice, Doubleoego!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,121
    Thanks, buddy.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited July 2015 Posts: 2,243
    As much as the Bond marketing machine attracts me, I could not justify a expensive watch like that!

    ...unless I'm on sabbatical and win the lottery
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,121

    For me it goes beyond Bond marketing. The seamaater 300 master coaxial is a real investment in a fantastic watch. Besides, men spend around the same price or more on an engagement ring...to give away to their partners.
  • Posts: 75
    heres mine:

    Its a very accurate movement

    Vuarnet.jpeg
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 954
    Purchased the "Spectre" Omega OEM Nato strap a month ago from the Omega boutique for my Seamaster.. Absolutely love the quality and feel of the strap. Very different feel when compared with the aftermarket Nato straps I've worn before this... You get what you pay for I suppose..

    19312587863_55d1ed717c_b.jpg
    19310933864_cf0412b31e_b.jpg
  • Posts: 632
    Bought a NATO strap for my old generic diver's watch and I'm starting to come around on the look. The new 300 limited edition looks nice on it as well!
  • Posts: 158
    Recently bought the Omega NATO strap for my Planet Ocean. While in the Omega Boutique I was shown the Seamaster 300 Master Coaxial which has a smaller face. Not that I am in the market for a new watch but much prefer the larger PO with the strap.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 2,559
    I'm sorry to sound negative but is Bond wearing this tacky fabric watch strap in SPECTRE? The real Bond would never wear a fabric strap.

    I miss the Rolex which the literary Bond wears and what we had in the earlier films. Nicer looking than the Omegas.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited August 2015 Posts: 11,121
    The real Bond? Yeah, cinematic Bond is just as "real" as literary Bond.

    And Connery wore a fabric strap in at least 4 of his Bond movies with the GF PTS being the most iconic moment.

    51.jpg

    Personally, I think the Brosnan and especially the Craig era of watches are the best of any cinematic Bond era; with honorable mentions going out to Connery's Rolex and Moore's magnetic/buzz saw rolex. However, as it stands, for me, the planet oceans, the aqua terras and seamaster 300 mc are in a superior league in design and function.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 2,559
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The real Bond? Yeah, cinematic Bond is just as "real" as literary Bond.

    And Connery wore a fabric strap in at least 4 of his Bond movies with the GF PTS being the most iconic moment.

    51.jpg

    Personally, I think the Brosnan and especially the Craig era of watches are the best of any cinematic Bond era; with honorable mentions going out to Connery's Rolex and Moore's magnetic/buzz saw rolex. However, as it stands, for me, the planet oceans, the aqua terras and seamaster 300 mc are in a superior league in design and function.

    Can't agree with you on this "real Bond" statement.

    Personally, I think those fabric straps are horrible and tacky. However, the Rolex faces look nicer than the Omegas.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    Bounine wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The real Bond? Yeah, cinematic Bond is just as "real" as literary Bond.

    And Connery wore a fabric strap in at least 4 of his Bond movies with the GF PTS being the most iconic moment.

    51.jpg

    Personally, I think the Brosnan and especially the Craig era of watches are the best of any cinematic Bond era; with honorable mentions going out to Connery's Rolex and Moore's magnetic/buzz saw rolex. However, as it stands, for me, the planet oceans, the aqua terras and seamaster 300 mc are in a superior league in design and function.

    Can't agree with you on this "real Bond" statement.

    Personally, I think those fabric straps are horrible and tacky. However, the Rolex faces look nicer than the Omegas.

    I like them both.

    I do agree that the Submariner is one of the most iconic timepieces of all time, and certainly that watch 'face' on Connery's wrist is the gold standard for a diver, imho. Imitated, but never bettered.
  • Posts: 632
    Bought a NATO for my generic diver recently and am definitely getting persuaded by at least how the grey and black one looks.

    The new limited 300 looks exceptional as well! Hard to pick a favourite between the 300, Planet Ocean, Aqua Terra, and the Seamaster diver!
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 954
    Omega Spectre limited edition Seamaster 300 adverts.... Very cool especially the second one with Carly Simon's Nobody Does it Better...



  • 12106817_10153269059788691_3384041999423497214_n.jpg?oh=66edb89787e229e90d2ad4992124a80c&oe=5696438F

    I have a different Omega Seamaster, but I still have one. Very proud of my watch and plan on getting a Brosnan Seamaster in 2016
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 954
    A good feature at Omega's website on all of Bond's Omega watches beginning with the quartz SMP from Goldeneye... >>> OMEGA Watches: Planet OMEGA - Cinema - James Bond

    Oh and the Aqua Terra he wears in Spectre is featured here >>> OMEGA Watches: Planet OMEGA - Cinema - SPECTRE
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 954
    Spectre Omega Seamaster and my Casino Royale Seamaster....22218576615_354536fd9b_b.jpg
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Posts: 2,138
    imranbecks wrote: »
    A good feature at Omega's website on all of Bond's Omega watches beginning with the quartz SMP from Goldeneye... >>> OMEGA Watches: Planet OMEGA - Cinema - James Bond

    Oh and the Aqua Terra he wears in Spectre is featured here >>> OMEGA Watches: Planet OMEGA - Cinema - SPECTRE

    The AT from Spectre is very very similar to the Skyfall model with first look. But I saw it in the Omega shop in Glasgow and it looked considerably larger.
Sign In or Register to comment.