Where does Bond go after Craig?

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Hire Yann Demange and make a stripped back movie in the ilk of TMWTGG novel.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited July 2015 Posts: 5,131
    Yes Dalton is closer to Fleming's Bond agreed and both his films are excellent. I believe Craig has more charisma than Dalton as Bond though. I won't criticise any Dalton film though....they are the best Bond films of the 70's and 80's. The box office returns suggest DC is the best Bond since Connery in terms of popularity.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    RC7 wrote: »
    Hire Yann Demange and make a stripped back movie in the ilk of TMWTGG novel.

Yes, this.
    No where. Who can follow perfection! In all seriousness I firmly believe that the franchise should be mothballed for 5-6 years to give the next fella a chance to establish himself with a fresh break in between eras.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    No where. Who can follow perfection! In all seriousness I firmly believe that the franchise should be mothballed for 5-6 years to give the next fella a chance to establish himself with a fresh break in between eras.

I agree actually. Bring back Sir Miles ..no explanation needed; keep the new old office; new Moneypenny; ..maybe keep Q idk. Oh and no reboot ..gunbarrel in proper place and keep all familiar and low key.

I want them to start making period adaptations of the original novels. Start from the beginning and work through.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The Craig era stands on its own because they rebooted the franchise.

After Craig they should continue the proper timeline and cast new M, Q, and Moneypenny. That's the only way to guarantee a fresh start.
    And of course none of that nonsense like gun-barrel wrong or "Do I look like I give a damn?". Bond gives a damn about his vodka martini!
    Q was the only hold over from the DAlton to Brosnan era and Dench the only one between Brosnan and Craig.

It's nice to have these connections, although I can see the value of a total recast.

It would be nice if Q and Moneypenny became regulars. I'm not sure about Harris though. It's a difficult role to pull off.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,586
    I think it makes more sense in contemporary times that Q remains young, so Whishaw topping Desmond's run with the role seems redundant. Although I would like to see Fiennes play M beyond the Craig era.
    Make the Russians the villains again to reflect the current global climate. PS does anyone else think that Putin is a dead ringer for Kronsteen in FRWL?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I can t imagine Vladek Sheybal bare- cheasted on a horse.
    I can't imagine Wishaw wanting to carry on that long anyway
    edited July 2015 Posts: 45,489
    Getafix wrote: »
    I can't imagine Wishaw wanting to carry on that long anyway

Me neither. He would always be referred to as that Q guy. Strikes me as having more ambition.
    Watch The Perfume. Very disturbing, but excellent film and Wishaw shines in it. (The bastard!)
    Ben Whishaw's "career" has been nowhere so far and it won't go anywhere besides him playing Q. He is just awful and I hope they will get rid of him after Bond 25.
    Whishaw certainly will be willing to play the part as long as he is allowed to.
    He is also in Layer Cake, @Birdleson. With Craig.
    yes and I always wondered if that's the reason he was cast for Skyfall.

If Layer Cake didn't exist Daniel Craig would have long vanished and be forgotten and would have never become Bond.
    Now one can pick if he is angry that Layer Cake exists or eternally grateful...lol..
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I want that too, but if that were to come, it would be far in the future. That kind of bravery would take some cultural shifts and a freshness in the way films are produced.

That would just confuse the audience. Besides what up to date gadget can you include? Nah not the medium for a period piece.
  • RC7RC7
    Ben Whishaw's "career" has been nowhere so far and it won't go anywhere besides him playing Q. He is just awful and I hope they will get rid of him after Bond 25.

One of the most fucking stupid posts of the last year. Whishaw is an exceptional actor.

One of the most fucking stupid posts of the last year. Whishaw is an exceptional actor.

I meant he is awful in Skyfall. He may be a very good actor but hasn't appeared in anything noteworthy yet besides Bond.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Whishaw is indeed a great actor and very talented to boot in a few roles I've seen him in. That doesn't mean I like his take on Q though.
  • RC7RC7

I meant he is awful in Skyfall. He may be a very good actor but hasn't appeared in anything noteworthy yet besides Bond.

If you meant in SF, say that. What you actually said is that his career has gone nowhere and will continue to do so. Just because you haven't seen him in any mainstream movies doesn't mean he's a poor actor. He's the opposite.

http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/theatre/bakkhai-theatre-review-ben-whishaws-wild-wine-god-thrills-in-brutal-tragedy-10429932.html
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    LeChiffre wrote: »

Agreed as well. I think they should take a breather and take their time casting the next Bond--because finding an actor to follow Craig will be like '67 all over again.

@BondJasonBond006 doesn't like SF at all ...finds any occasion he can to berate it. Which is fine ..that's his opinion and taste. I'm the same about TLD and LTK.

But you are absolutely correct ..Whishaw is doing just fine.

• eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Wishaw needs a couple more Bond films for his Q to become iconic but I think that as an actor he was terrific as SF and could, in a few years, be loved as much as Desmond.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    @BondJasonBond006 doesn't like SF at all ...finds any occasion he can to berate it. Which is fine ..that's his opinion and taste.

Don't worry, it's only because it is the latest Bond movie and therefore in the spotlight.
    Once Spectre is released I will dislike that one and find any occasion to berate it.

Show me a thread about DAF and I will gladly start to berate that one and dislike it.

lol by the way.

mcdonbb wrote: »
    @BondJasonBond006 doesn't like SF at all ...finds any occasion he can to berate it. Which is fine ..that's his opinion and taste.

Don't worry, it's only because it is the latest Bond movie and therefore in the spotlight.
    Once Spectre is released I will dislike that one and find any occasion to berate it.

Show me a thread about DAF and I will gladly start to berate that one and dislike it.

lol by the way.

lol can't wait

:)>-

peace @BondjasonBond006 ..you rock
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    NicNac wrote: »
    I never use the 'g' word myself. Unless I'm describing unwashed lettuce.
    Without gritty, my kitty would be messing as she's sitty.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 832
    I say a goldeneye type film for bond 26, which should be another attempt aty the MR story, because they haven't done it correctly

If you meant in SF, say that. What you actually said is that his career has gone nowhere and will continue to do so. Just because you haven't seen him in any mainstream movies doesn't mean he's a poor actor. He's the opposite.

http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/theatre/bakkhai-theatre-review-ben-whishaws-wild-wine-god-thrills-in-brutal-tragedy-10429932.html

I do not think Whishaw is a poor actor, but I also do not think anyone is stupid. I think Whishaw had a poor character in Skyfall, besides the fantastic introduction with Bond in the gallery. They made Q look stupid, and Whishaw suffered.
    I love his new hipster look, and I still think he pulls off lecturing Bond and the annoyance Q has for Bond rather well.