The Flash (TV Series 2014– )

1235»

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    What's gonna happen, everbuddy? What's gonna happen?! What's in the box! Oh, wait, wrong question. Oops.

How many episodes do we have left this season? Two? Three? Gotham's season finale is next week, and I didn't think this went on as many breaks as that did. Oh well.

We begin with Team Flash reading the future newspaper. Caitlin, who has seen shape shifters, speedsters, and a mutlitude of other metahumans and strange things, is ridiculously skeptical of time travel. Barry and the gang accidentally activate Morena Baccarin, who gives them future knowledge and the knowledge that Wells is there to kill Barry. Speaking of the yellow speedster, Wells arrives, and all this expositional dialogue from Morena Baccarin is confusing everyone. It seems future Barry created Morena Baccarin. Huh.

Wells arrives at his secret door and Morena Baccarin outright lies to him.

Joe and Eddie have a drink at that coffee shop that apparently every human being who is alive in Central City goes to. Eddie's asking Joe for his blessing to propose to Iris. Too bad Barry knows that Iris is likely going to marry him. Lucky for Barry, Joe says no. Eddie, on the other hand, doesn't give a sh*t.

Now we're at Joe's house for a Team Flash meeting, and Eddie, who is friends with the Flash is skeptical about time travel. Barry tells them about his accidental time travel experience, and explains that in the time line he accidentally erased might be where Cisco's dreams of death come from. Barry then tells them he's got a bad idea.

Joe is now in a hospital room, I guess during Barry's nine month coma. There's a TV showing a Starling City crime wave report, because apparently that's important. Joe and Iris are pushed out of the room while Barry has a heart attack, and Wells rolls up to Joe and tells him that he can help Barry. Joe seems desperate, and asks Wells to do that very thing.

Back in the present, Barry asks Joe whether or not he's listening, then Barry explains that they're going to get Wells to confess. Good f*cking luck, Barry.

Hey, has anybody ever wondered how both Gotham and the Flash managed to snag Morena Baccarin?

Barry, Cisco and Caitlin are getting ready to try an experiment to get Cisco to see his memories. Wells rolls in and asks what's going on, and Caitlin fakes that they're going to use this to help people who've seen metahumans. Wells helps them with what they're doing, and is none the wiser.

Barry heads back to the station and is instantly nagged by the captain, and it seems his pre-wedding jitters are part of the problem. Iris is there, of course, and asks to talk to Barry in private. Thank God for Eddie, who pulls Barry away on his own and shows him the ring he bought for Iris. It's a hilariously awkward scene for all of two seconds where Barry looks like he thinks Eddie wants to marry him, but Eddie explains the whole situation to Barry.

Time for the dreaming experiment. No, Cisco, it does not take you a long time to go to sleep. We go inside Cisco's dream/memory of the day that hasn't happened that he died. I like this Flash-ception. Cisco goes through this dream/memory and finds the moment when Reverse Flash "escaped". He gets to the moment where Wells kills him, including the moment where Wells admits he murdered Nora Allen because he was trying to kill Barry. Then comes the Cisco death, and they pull him out just in time to survive.

Wells calls Barry and asks him where he is. It seems there's been a fire, and it's where the Captain's fiance is. Barry flashes there, discovers that the sprinklers aren't working. Wells tells Barry to make a vacuum and suck the fire out, and after some trial and error, it works. The Captain's pretty happy that his fiance's still alive.

Barry flashes back to STAR Labs, where Wells asks him why he was doubting himself. Barry's uncomfortable around him, and Wells doesn't seem to notice this, instead deciding to give Barry an inspirational speech about how Barry can do anything. Barry leaves.

Barry's back at home, now, talking to Joe. He wants to get Wells to confess just like he did in Cisco's dream, but Joe's very skeptical. Joe blames himself for everything, but Barry tells him not to, that it was Wells, and he's gonna pay.

Joe, Cisco and Barry take Eddie to see the holographic Reverse Flash. Caitlin walks in and tells them all where Wells is. They get the trap ready, and Cisco's reversed the force field to stop a speedster as opposed to trap a speedster. Joe and Barry then talk in private about Eddie and his proposal, and Joe explains that he doesn't want Iris marrying the wrong person, and that Barry is the right person. Speak of the devil, Iris texts Barry, who speeds off to talk to her.

Iris tells Barry... that the particle accelerator has caused all the metahumans. Wow. She's a damn good reporter. Yep. Damn good. Barry tries to tell her that she's wrong, or at least that the accelerator explosion didn't affect everybody. Barry asks about her talking to Eddie, and then he leaves after making things awkward.

Now we're in flashback territory again, and Iris is talking to Coma-Barry. It seems that if Barry would have just woken up during his coma, he'd have found out about Iris and Eddie going out. Wait, what the hell? Flashback Iris realized how much she loved Barry but Present Day Iris was a moron about it?! Dammit. G*ddammit.

Present day again, and Wells comes back to STAR Labs and asks where Cisco is. Caitlin tells him, and Wells says he'll take a little trip down there to find out what Cisco's got. Halfway there, he stops and seems to realize that it's all a trap. He then goes to meet Cisco.

I'm now 100% certain that when I go see Avengers: Age of Ultron this weekend, I'm going to buy M&Ms. I don't give a sh*t if that was just a commercial. I want M&Ms now, dammit.

Wells tells Cisco how clever he is. Cisco tries to get Wells to confess, but it doesn't work this time. Wells seems to have figured out everything that Cisco was doing, and manages to get to Cisco and start to do his hand vibrating thing, but Joe shoots him. Oh, and it turns out that that wasn't Wells. It was Hannibal Bates, the shape shifter.

Wells super villains over the radio, explains part of his plan. He tells Barry that they'll fight again, soon. Barry runs back to the time vault and sees that Wells has been watching everything. Including Iris.

Barry tells Team Flash that Wells has been watching them all. He then flashes out to find Iris. Eddie and Iris are on a walk, where it seems he's about to propose. C'mon... Maybe marrying Iris West will stop Eobard Thawne from existing... Oops, doesn't look like it. Wells shows up and looks like he's about to kill Iris until Barry shows up and saves her. Wells kidnaps Eddie, it looks like. Iris then figures out that Barry's the Flash.

Eddie's somewhere, and Wells unmasks himself and tells Eddie who he is. Eddie is Eobard's distant relative, it seems. Eddie is Wells' insurance.

Flashback time, and Wells is standing over Barry, telling him that he could kill him. He takes a dig at the irony that he wants to kill the Flash, but has to instead create the Flash. He tells Barry that he's going to kill him, even though he doesn't see anything of the Flash in him at the moment.

Grodd, next episode. Awesome.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, that was quite the shocking ending. Unfortunately, the finale itself was underwhelming, and the last two minutes seemed to be more about introducing Legends of Tomorrow than it was setting up next season. That's unfortunate, but I guess we'll just have to wait for what's to come.

How was that shocking death, though? Damn.
    From Comic Con:

flash_main.jpg

I love that only the logo has changed! (leaves to paint CW Flash figure)
    I have always wished to attend SDCC! Would absolutely revel in it and most likely spend ALOT of money!
    Here's my newest custom! The Reverse Flash!

On the show, it's obvious that his whole suit is yellow and has been charred black from the ground up (I really like that look too, and a 'literal' Reverse Flash would probably look really stupid on screen) I spraypainted the whole figure with NEON yellow, and at a good distance away I sprayed the bottom with flat black 'camo' spray. I then took a black pen and traced along the lines on the forehead and while the ink was wet I smeared it with my thumb!
    The fade is just the way I like it, and it's hard to tell from the photo but the yellow is shiny and the black is not, just like on the show. It's also waaaay yellower in person (stupid phone camera....)

RFlash_zpscvcsgetx.jpg

The only problem now it the regular Flash looks very plain next to him... I originally had plans on giving him the white logo, but now I might spray him in a brighter red too...
    tumblr_ns6556fDTv1ucpxdgo1_540.jpg
    Here's both of them together, after I gave The Flash the same treatment. Much better I think!

flash_zpse6k6axb7.jpg

I'm also working on a special John Wesley Shipp 90's Flash! I'm using Eren from Attack on Titan for the body (muscular) and an Arkham City Batman for the head (I needed the sculpted eyeholes and nose, which regular Flash didn't have)

nakedbat_zpsr71kailh.jpg

The plan is to sand down the ears & toes and spraypaint him red- then I can get to work on the other details.
    You frighten me, Batman.
    Awww yeah, gettin close!!

The ear thingies are actually watch batteries with rigid plastic cut to shape and glued on.
    When I sanded down the Batman ears, I was unpleasantly surprised to find two large holes that now needed to be filled and sanded.
    His noggin is filled with spackle, sanded smooth and heavy as hell. Seriously if I threw JWS Flash at someone it would probably kill them!

jwsflash_zpsobptoxu0.jpg
    Busy Flash casting news.....

A new report reveals that "The Flash" has started to round out its cast for season two. ComicBook.com has confirmed with the CW that Demore Barnes ("Hemlock Grove," "The Unit") will appear on the show as Henry Hewitt, a character better known to Firestorm fans as Tokamak.

tokamak-social-f9cec.jpg

The network describes Barnes' new role as "a charming, but cocky scientist who was affected by the same Particle Accelerator explosion that created the Flash. When Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker) recruits him to join the team at S.T.A.R. Labs, Hewitt jumps at the opportunity to fulfill his destiny as a powerful meta-human."

Tokamak has only appeared in a handful of comics since his debut in 1983's "Firestorm" #15, but those appearances span decades. In the comics, Hewitt acted as the CEO of the Hewitt Corporation, a position he tried to use to conquer the United States' energy market.

From the description, it sounds like Barnes' Hewitt will be another one of the show's memorable rogue-of-the-weeks. Details about "Flash's" second season have begun trickling out, though, with a new photo dropping yesterday that teases a tense showdown in S.T.A.R. Labs.

Newcomer Violett Beane has joined "The Flash" season two as Jesse Quick, who -- according to TV Line -- will be "a brilliant but quirky college student who gets caught up in the battle between The Flash and Season 2 Big Bad... Zoom."

jesse-social-063d6.jpg

In the comics, Jesse Quick is a speedster of her own. The name is actually an alias for Jesse Chambers, the Flash's fellow speedster and the daughter of DC Comics heroes Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle. Like her father, she achieves her super speed through the speed formula. In addition to speed, she also has her mother's super strength.

Beane is a newcomer not just in the show but to film as well. She will appear in two films that release later this year, "Flay" and "Slash." She will play opposite Michael Ian Black in the latter film.