The Flash (TV Series 2014– )

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Watched episode 1 last night. I am clearly 40 years too old.
    Watched episode 1 last night. I am clearly 40 years too old.

Yes you are :D
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Time to test Barry's speed by... Shooting missiles at him, apparently. Wells looks very pleased. Oh, they're calling him Reverse Flash, that's nice. Oh, and Harrison likes the name. That's also good.

Now we're at a garage, and the door is freezing. I think Captain Cold is back. Oh, he is. And who's this other guy? What the f*ck is this, Prison Break? Dominic Purcell is here. Oh, well, Captain Cold's on top of this situation while Lincoln Burrows wants a fight. Captain Cold is waiting for the Flash, while Lincoln is just kinda angry. Either way, they leave.

The cops show up at the garage, Barry's doing forensic work. He recognizes that the door was frozen, and they recognize Captain Cold's MO.

Lincoln has an unhealthy obcession with a lighter. Huh. Anyway, he's very impatient, all the while Captain Cold is being very... cold about this whole thing.

Team Flash talks about whether or not they're going to go after Captain Cold. Cisco and Wells dream up plans, and Wells believes that the Reverse Flash is a much bigger threat, and thus should be the main priority.

Oh, hey, here's Iris and Eddie. They're having more lovey dovey talk, and then Barry walks in, totally awkwarding everyone. I know that's not a verb, but what the hell, it fits. Iris is clearly hiding second thoughts about moving in with Eddie.

Barry goes to talk to Joe, telling him that he's very conflicted. He's too focused on the Reverse Flash, even though he wasn't a little while ago. Joe tells him to shut up, he should do help people, like he said he was going to. Barry seems to believe that stopping Reverse Flash will help more people, and that's the end of that act.

Now we're at Joe's, and Iris is packing up. Joe shows up and they reminisce about things. Barry shows up and things get awkward again for a moment until she hands him a red back pack, and reminiscing happens again. Iris leaves and Joe can very much see the tension between them. Barry explains that he told Iris how he's felt about her, and Joe pretty much tells him he's both an idiot and a genius for doing so, then he gets Barry to Flash the stuff ready for Iris to take it.

Now we're at the police department, where Cisco and Wells show up to deliver some countermeasures against Captain Cold. Cisco is very good here, telling them that STAR Labs is trying to atone for what they did, and you can tell that they really do. Well, except for Wells, who's totally the bad guy. The captain's still not buying it.

Joe and Wells get to talking. This is a conversation about Barry's priorities, and everybody's using pretty much the same dialogue as that earlier scene between Barry and Joe, and Joe says as much.

Now we go to STAR, where Barry shows up and talks to Caitlin. They talk about their relationships and the people they love. Part of my brain is saying just f*ck already! while the rest of me just doesn't really care, because you can tell that Barry still wants to shag Iris.

Oh, hey, Firestorm isn't a word, it's an acronym. Barry speed-reads the article on FIRESTORM, and this leads them to another name.

Anyway, a plane lands and the people who own the painting that Captain Cold and Lincoln Burrows are going to go after bring the painting. And Captain Cold shows up. Big surprise.

Am I the only one who doesn't give half of a broken sh*t if Supernatural returns? That show's been falling further and further off Thelma & Louise's cliff for five years now.

Police cars arrive! People move! The cops use the anti-Captain Cold shields! Lincold Burrows arrives! Fire! And Joe shoots Lincoln's flamethrowing Super Soaker, then the two brothers leave.

Now we're back at the police station, where Barry shows up and gets info from Joe about the situation. Joe tells him to beat the sh*t out of them.

LIncoln repairs his Super Soaker, and Captain Cold is very much not happy about this. He hates that all they did was steal a painting and not take down the Flash. He explains that they should take the Flash, then take the city. Lincoln decides this is the best thing to do.

Now, Caitlin goes to meet What's-his-first-name Rush, who doesn't really want to talk about FIRESTORM. He's very dodgy, then decides to tell her. He explains that somebody's after him for it, and name-drops Professor Martin Stein. Sounds like Stein disappeared after he published the paper, which is why Rush is paranoid.

Caitlin walks out to her car and does some research on her phone, and then Captain Cold and Lincoln Burrows show up to kidnap her, signalling the commercial break.

We're at STAR Labs, now, and Barry gets a talking to from Wells. "I hope we're not enemies". I like that line. CIsco comes in and ruins the moment by naming Lincoln "Heatwave" and... throwing in a Ghostbusters reference. Okay. The cold gun and Super Soaker need to cross streams and cancel each other out.

Back at the police station, Eddie has found Lincoln's real name, then they see Captain Cold giving a PSA on TV. I guess Arrow isn't the only DC series stealing sh*t from the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Now we're at the Thermometer (my name for Captain Cold and Lincoln Burrows' house), and Lincoln is being very pre-rapey with Caitlin. He wants to burn everyone to reveal who they really are, but Captain Cold pops in and cock-blocks him.

Barry's back at STAR, pacing the floor until Joe calls him. "After tonight, everyone's gonna know that the Flash exists"? Don't they already? Oh well, apparently nobody knows that he's real, why not? Cold and Lincoln aim their weapons at him to shoot him into the commercial break.

Flash speeds around them while they both shoot at him, he's trying to get them to cross the streams, but it's not working yet. He skids on some frozen water, and Wells explains what he needs to do, which he already knew.

Oh, hey, this is a very serious situation, so Iris shows up for no reason. Smart woman.

Joe and Cisco go after Caitlin, finding the Thermometer. Cisco makes a big mistake and sets off a bomb that would have killed Caitlin, had it not been for Joe.

Back to the Flash versus the Prison Break Brothers, and Eddie runs into the fray as soon as he see's the Flash on the ground.

Back to Cisco, Joe and Caitlin, and Caitlin's so happy, she hugs Cisco.

Back to the fight and Eddie jumps in to save the Flash just in time, and then Barry benches him. They key is to go slow, not fast, so Barry jumps right into their streams and then speeds out just as they hit one another, throwing each other to the side. Barry leaves it to Eddie to take them in. Commercial break.

Did anybody else know that Morena Baccerin plays Wells' computer? I didn't until I looked it up on Wikipedia.

Anyway, the cops bring the Prison Break Brothers in for booking, and Eddie now seems like a full believer in the Flash. He hands over the weapons to Cisco. There are people chatting up the Flash to cops in the station.

Iris, Eddie, Joe and Barry are at the house, Iris and Eddie are packing their stuff up, and for some reason, Joe doesn't seem all that happy to be looking at Eddie. Anyway, he and Joe both leave so that Iris and Barry can have a conversation. Barry says she'll be back, but this entire conversation is outrageously awkward and dopey. Either way, apparently Joe's just in the other room listening to what I assume is a football game, and Iris takes a picture of her and Barry in what look like the clothes they wore two episodes ago.

Joe and Barry just sit back and have a good time. Barry's moving back in. It's obvious. Oh, he did it a second later. They have a beer.

Now the Prison Break Brothers are being moved to prison, and I think they're gonna break out! Oh, hey, Michael Scoffield had a plan! Who's not laughing about this?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,107
    Tonight's episode was a perfect follow-up to The Man in the Yellow Suit.

In addition to bringing back Snart (whom I freaking LOVED in his first appearance) and giving us Heat Wave (brilliantly played by Dominic Purcell), we got the following bits of awesomeness:
    * Mythology references/hints out the wazoo (Hartley Rathaway, Martin Stein, General Eilling [possibly], additional Flash nicknames)
    * A re-escalation of the tension between Joe and Wells
    * Tom Cavanagh having an absolute blast making subtle nods to his own alter-ego (and almost blowing his own cover on a couple of occasions)
    * An unexpectedly quick resolution to the Flash vs. CCPD/Eddie issue (kudos to Eddie for saving Flash/Barry's butt from getting freeze-fried)
    * Cisco getting a chance to be 'techy' for people other than Barry and his S.T.A.R. Labs colleagues

It can be tricky to follow up on a big pivotal reveal, particularly if said follow up isn't directly dealing with said reveal, but the writers really hit one out of the park with Revenge of the Rogues.

I'm so glad this show is back, and can't wait to see where they go next.

Favorite scene from tonight was the part where it looked like Professor Wells(or A.K.A. Reverse Flash) was about to jump from out of that wheelchair to come to Barry's aid during that drone attack exercise.

New Details And Images Of Robbie Amell And Victor Garber's 'Firestorm' In THE Flash
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113911
    Grant Gustin Talks Time-Travel On THE FLASH; Is a Flashpoint Storyline In The Works?
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=114033
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Barry is chasing some motorcyle criminals, as are the police. Cisco and Caitlin aren't helping, but Wells is. Either way, he beats the cops and wrangles the bad guys. Barry heads back to STAR and celebrates, and taking a picture is apparently part of it. Barry's loving this whole hero thing, and Wells is enjoying it, too.

Barry goes home (Joe's house, which is his home now) and finds Iris there. Joe invites her to stay for dinner, but she says no. The Royal Flush Gang? What the f*ck? Anyway, Iris is going to be a reporter now.

Wells returns home to listen to that music from that Matrix commercial where Morpheus sells a car and the ending of The Sum of All Fears. He's walking around, and then he answers a phone call. Somebody knows what he did. Wells has a gun, for some reason. Somebody says "It's time to pay the piper" and either Wells can use his powers without his suit or this "piper" person made him Flash around.

The cops come after Wells apparently called them. Caitlin and Cisco show up, too.

Flashback: Wells is playing chess with someone I don't recognize but will likely be important to the episode and Flashback Cisco shows up, apparently for his first day on the job. "Keep calm and Han Shot First"... Anyway, Wells explains that whoever the hell he's playing chess with will always be "his guy".

Present: Eddie's talking to Joe, they both suspect something about Wells. Barry puts the glass back together rapidly to find that nothing hit the glass, it simply shattered on its own. Wells know who did it. Harvey Rathaway, I guess is the name of that one guy from the flashback.

Wells explains Harvey (or Hardly, it's difficult to tell) to Joe and Barry. Hartley. That's his name. By the way, the real names of Flash villains are generally unknown to me, because I'm not a big Flash fan. Anyway, there was a "disagreement" between Hartley and STAR Labs.

Flashback: Hartley really doesn't like Cisco, and feels he's not worthy of his job. Flashback Caitlin shows up, but she's about to leave with Robbie Amell, who I don't see. Either way, nobody seems to like Hartley, and Hartley doesn't like anybody else.

Present: Iris shows up at her new job and her boss hands her off to the local man with a beard. She wants to do something actually informative, but she was clearly hired to be the Flash Gossip Gal.

Barry and Joe are testing a sonic device, and Joe's enjoying it. They talk about Hartley and Wells, and then Eddie walks in. Rathaway Industries (the place Hartley's family owns) is under attack by, you guessed it, Hartley Rathaway. The Flash shows up and... pushes him. Either way, he knows that the Flash is working with STAR Labs, and then uses his sonic hands to knock Flash down, then the Flash throws stuff at him and beats him. Rathaway takes us to the commercial by saying he knows Wells' "secret".

This is just local advertising, but there's this place called "BuyMeToys.com" near me (it's a place, not a website, though I imagine they have a website). They advertise DC's New 52 all the time, even during Marvel shows.

Barry brings Hartley (Pied Piper) to STAR and they lock him in the super prison in the basement. He, obviously, starts taunting the STAR team, then Wells rolls in and makes them leave. They talk, Wells tries to apologize, but Hartley isn't buying it. He knows that Wells is an asshole, and tells Barry that Wells will betray them.

Wells goes upstairs and explains that he's got a secret. Obviously it's not that he's the Reverse Flash, apparently, Hartley warned Wells that the particle accelerator was dangerous and Wells ignored him. Caitlin's pissed, Cisco is devastated, they leave the room, Barry tells Wells that he was an asshole and then he leaves the room.

Iris talks to her editor, but that doesn't go over very well. She goes to talk to her handler and they clearly don't like one another. Either way, she goes to the coffee shop and finds Barry there. She sees that he's down, tries to cheer him up. It doesn't really look like it works, but y'know.

Back to STAR Labs, where Cisco and Caitlin stand around talking about Hartley's powers. Wells is in his secret room looking at his Reverse Flash suit and Flashes out. Looks like he can use his powers, but they must need charge time, or something. Hartley blows up a door and escapes, knocking Cisco out in the process.

Caitlin walks around, trying to find Cisco. Hartley runs upstairs and takes his sonic generator, then plays around on the computer. Wells calls Barry, who answers. He then Flashes away to STAR Labs. Hartley finds Wells, then apparently escapes. Barry finds Wells in his wheelchair, saying that Hartley escaped.

Cisco wakes up to Barry's face (Argh!), and Wells blames himself for Hartley. He leaves to "earn back" the STAR Labs team trust.

Flashback: Wells finds Hartley at the particle accelerator. Hartley actually sounds concerned for the wellbeing of the city, and then Wells fires him. Clearly because he's trying to turn Barry into the Flash.

Present: Iris gets back to work where there's a press conference. Wells called it, I guess. He tells everyone the truth, that he ignored Hartley's warning and turned on the particle accelerator. I don't know why he assumes... "I failed the city"? Why didn't Oliver Queen say this?!?! He takes questions, but decides only to answer any from Iris. She asks if he's going to rebuild the particle accelerator, and he says no. I'm all but certain the files that Hartley stole deal with just that thing.

Everybody returns to STAR Labs, and Cisco is up and around, a little pissed at himself, trying to find out what Hartley stole. Wells explains why he prefers Cisco to Hartley, because Cisco is the more human of the two. Hartley breaks into the STAR Labs comm and gives an ultimatum: He wants to play one last game of chess with Wells, and plans on destroying a toll booth to do so.

Barry's in his suit, their trying to find Hartley. They find him, and Barry Flashes out to him, saves some woman in a car (but not the car), then has to save other people. Cisco finds out what Hartley stole, Barry's molecular scans. Seems Hartley could break Barry, apparently. Barry rips the gloves off of him, but that was Hartley's plan. The gloves resonate on Barry's frequency, and start to kill him.

While Barry's laying on the ground bleeding to death, Wells decides to pull the same trick using satellite radio to destroy Hartley's gloves. They burst into pieces in his hands, which suggests to me that he'll probably develop this sonic abilty naturally so that he can be a recurring villain.

Barry gets checked out by the STAR Labs crew, then talks to Wells, who explains that he doesn't like to admit that he's wrong. He wants Barry's trust, and he's got it back. Big surprise. Barry gives him that photo he took earlier, then narrates as he runs through the city.

He then goes to see Joe, who gives Wells credit for having the balls for the press conference. Barry tells Joe that he's always been the best father figure he's had. Eddie then walks in, and apparently Joe had him search Wells' house. Hartley nows where Robbie Amell is.

Wells can't keep hold of the Speed Force, apparently. And he doesn't like it.

I'm going to exlain something I've only just realized. The metahuman villains, Multiplex, Weather Wizard I (because according to Wikipedia, there will be a II), Prism... they've all totally sucked. Plastique was good, but she wasn't really a villain, the villain in that episode was technically Eiling and Wells. The human villains, on the other hand, people like Eiling, Captain Cold, and now Hartley, they've been much better. That's interesting, that metahumans aren't as "evil" (I guess) as normal humans. I wonder if Wells endgame will be creating a world where metahumans rule over normal humans.
    Really great episode here.Every bit as good as last week. Pied Piper was great.Loved his history with the team. He was that guy you love to hate.

Not sure it's a great Idea to take a photo with your mask off. Those things aren't safe anywhere these days,it seems.

I really have no negatives about the episode,though I thought Piper using his hearing aid/implant as a bomb was somewhat impractical. How did he replace something that looked like it was surgically implanted by himself?

I even really liked Iris today! The reporter angle is a good place for her.At least we're out of the "I'm worried about Iris" dogpound.

So Wells speed isn't working properly....

I enjoyed seeing the Royal Flush Gang again,granted they probably had no ties to the Arrow version. I really hope they do something epic with them eventually. Why was there only 3? You need 5 for a royal flush,emmiright?

Can't wait to see the Piper joining with the other rogues.I can imagine some of them wanting to strangle him.
    I'm thinking Robbie Amell has something to do with this episode. Either way, we start with a car being upside down and Barry Flashes out to it to save the two people trapped inside. A fire erupts when a powerline sparks, but luckily, Barry still saved them.

Cisco is geeking out over the save, and even Caitlin's impressed. Wells is also happy, and tells everybody that they need a rest. Cisco says beer, but Barry declines to watch a movie with Joe and Caitlin's too pissed at Cisco because he's listened to Hartley. Cisco tells her that she needs to move on from Robbie Amell, and she doesn't look happy.

In the mean time, a woman breaks into prison and... the hell? She can teleport? Interesting. She breaks her boyfriend out of prison, and he's practically sh*tting himself with surprise.

The next day, Barry's taking forensics in the cell. Joe walks in and tells him that the guy simply vanished. A guard brings John Wesley Shipp into the room to talk to Barry, and he's got a lot of faith in his boy. Oh, turns out, Joe had the guard bring John Wesley Shipp by. Cool.

Shauna and her boyfriend talk. She wants to leave, but he says he can't. He's afraid of the guy he owes money to, and wants to use Shauna's powers to get the money. They kiss, meaning that she's probably gonna do it.

STAR Labs examines the stuff that Barry found and discovers Shauna's DNA and her record. Cisco goes to talk to Hartley, and they talk about that Martin Stein guy mentioned at some point, because he was apparently at STAR Labs that fateful night. Cisco's not in for Hartley's BS, and closes the shutter on him.

Barry talks to Iris at the coffee shop. She's discouraged because her editor only wants her to write about the Flash, and Barry decides to be her support group.

Oh, dammit Cisco... He's letting Hartley out.

Joe and Barry go to talk to John Wesley Shipp, because he's on the inside and he knows everything. He tells them what he knows.

Back to Cisco and Hartley, and they're just outside the building. Hartley shows Cisco a shadow on the wall, which is apparently Martin Stein's. Anyway, Hartley tries to escape, but Cisco gadgets him into submission with a variation of his own technology. Hartley agrees to do what CIcso asks, and wants the cuffs off because it'll look suspicious where they're going.

Caitlin and Barry are talking, which leads into a conversation about having a social life. Neither one of them have one. There's an armed robbery going on, and it's Shauna and her boyfriend. Barry flashes away to it. Shauna's happy to see him, wants to test him. They fight, and Shauna's boyfriend takes the opportunity to shoot Barry in the back of the neck, which he just barely stops from doing any real damage. They get away.

Barry is back at STAR Labs, briefing everybody on Shanua, who's name will apparently be Peekaboo. Dammit Caitlin. Barry leaves to go help Iris, but she's going to dinner with Eddie, so he calls Caitlin and doesn't really ask her on a date, but they go to a karaoke bar together. They talk about their crappy social lives again, and Caitlin opens a tab.

Cisco and Hartley are in a building, where they're looking at satellite imagery of the night the particle accelerator went kablooey. Looks like Martin Stein and Robbie Amell have merged. Well, Hartley's done exactly what I thought he would, and knocks Cisco out.

Barry wants water, and Caitlin's obviously drunk, and calls him up onto the stage so that they can sing. Oh Christ... Barry can sing, though. Caitlin cannot.

A woman named Linda that I don't recognize but probably should pops up to the bar and buys Barry a drink, then has phone touch-sex and gives him her number. Caitlin has to go outside and puke. Barry helps her.

Shauna and her boyfriend pay off the guy he owes money to, and he wants to use her, too. The cops raid the place, kill pretty much everybody but Shauna (her boyfriend might be alive), and then she teleports herself and her boyfriend out of there.

Barry takes Caitlin home and she asks him about Linda and the phone number. She's also undressing, and he speed dresses her in her pajamas. She's still obnoxiously drunk and tells him that he deserves a peek at her since he's such a hero, then asks him to stay until she falls asleep, which will likely be in 12 seconds.

The next day, Caitlin shows up hungover, and Barry teases her about it. They find Wells and Cisco, and Cisco explains that he let Hartley out. Everybody's angry at him. Cisco explains his hand in Robbie Amell's current predicament, and Caitlin tells him that he did the right thing, because he helped Robbie Amell be a hero.

Anyway, time to go after Shauna. Looks like she has the exact same teleportation weakness as Nightcrawler, and has to see to teleport. What the f*ck? John Wesley Shipp has been stabbed?!

Barry goes to visit his dad, and Joe explains that if it hadn't been John Wesley Shipp, the cops wouldn't have been able to get to that meeting they raided. Barry wants him to stay out of harms way, and John Wesley Shipp just wants to feel useful again. Barry gets the name of a thug, and he kidnaps and breaks the guy out to get info from him on the threat of more jailtime. Barry gets what he wants and flashes off.

Shauna and her boyfriend (guess he made it) are about to try and steal an armored car, but Barry stops them and engages in a fight with Shauna again. He knocks out all the lights in the tunnel that they're in to damage her teleportation, and her boyfriend leaves.

They put Shauna in the particle accelerator prison. Caitlin and Barry talk about the other night, and Barry says they're both hung up on other people. They smile, and Barry leaves.

Iris walks down the street and the Flash shows up and talks to her. Iris goes to work at the newspaper and apparently Linda works there, too. Anyway, Barry goes back to the prison and talks to his dad, who hints that he knows that Barry is the Flash.

Two city workers wander around the sewers, where something weird has been happening. Somebody has been scratching stuff on the walls. Is that... Is that... Grodd! Holy sh*t!
    :D B89zP73IEAM-xyV.jpg
    I wonder what's going on tonight. Oh well, we'll see. Apparently Barry's getting ready for a date. I wonder if the Flash is a master of speed dating? He heads to the newspaper to pick up that Linda woman that I just discovered the other day was on Arrow played by a completely different actress. While he's on the date, he gets a call from Cisco about a robbery, he takes care of it and bitches to Cisco all while Linda What's-Her-Name is int he bathroom. It appears this scene is going to basically be a montage of "Barry does this or that while Linda's looking away". Or, I guess there's only two moments of that. I like the jumper. "Are we allowed to go back up?"

Robbie Amell shows up in a building, and apparently he's really Dr. Martin Stein right now. He asks Bill Dow for help, and by help, he means "must burn you to death". Now we're on the next day, and Cisco and Caitlin are teasing Barry about his dating, and Iris is very awkward about Barry and Linda dating. Clancy Brown's in this episode. I'm happy. Hasn't shown up yet, but he's in the episode.

Joe and Cisco go to Barry's old house with some technology because Joe wants to check the place. He knocks on the door and an attractive blonde opens the door. Joe's very flustered. And now we're at STAR Labs, and Wells, Caitlin and Barry are talking about hunting Robbie Amell down. Hrm...

Flashback time, Barry's reading a book by Harrison Wells and he's sitting across the aisle from Martin Stein. Stein is very impressed with Barry. And he's got a Firestorm briefcase. As we learned last week, Stein was at STAR Labs that day, and he got fused with Robbie Amell.

Barry goes to see Stein's wife, and apparently he brought Wells along with him. Wells is jealous of Stein. Oh, Caitlin's there, too. Who the hell is watching STAR Labs?! Barry shows Stein's wife a picture of Robbie Amell, who apparently showed up there a month after the explosion. He's going nuts, because he's obviously Robbie Amell with Stein's mind, so Mrs. Stein calls the police, and Stein rabbits.

Time for them to stakeout Stein's place, but Barry has a date. Wells tells him to go, and be on call. Now we're back at Barry's old house, where Cisco and Joe can't find anything. Joe's still extremely flustered. Cisco teases him about it. The mirror that was there that night apparently may hold the key to finding out what happened. Linda shows up at Barry and Joe's, ready for their date. He's got an outrageously nerdy date planned, she just wants to make out.

At the stakeout, Wells and Caitlin are working and eating fast food, the cliche stakeout moment. They have a moment, and then Robbie Amell Human Torches in. Time to call Barry, who's vibrating while making out with Linda, who's really eager to shag him. The phone rings, and Barry fumbles his way out of the date. He then shows up at Stein's... and Barry made a Human Torch joke! Yes! Holy sh*t, why does the STAR Labs van look like a DirecTV van? Either way, Barry and Robbie Amell take to the skies, and then Robbie Amell drops him, and is about to Torch the hell out of him until Caitlin shows up, and he flees.

Joe and Cisco are still examining that mirror, and Cisco appears to have done exactly what he needed to do. They find some blood underneath the new wallpaper, and it looks like it may belong to one of the two speedsters. Time for forensic detail.

Barry goes to the newspaper to apologize to Linda, and he's terrible at it. Lucky him the phone rings, so he can pop out just as Iris shows up. Linda asks Iris about Barry. Iris avoids saying that Barry was in love with her, and judging by how she's talking, it seems she might actually be in love with him.

Caitlin and Mrs. Stein and Barry show up to talk to Robbie Amell, who's considerably more mellow than he was last night. Both Robbie Amell and Dr. Stein are fighting for control, though Stein's in control for now. His wife asks him a question, and he answers correctly, and asks the STAR Labs crew for help.

Team Flash is back at STAR Labs, and they talk about whether or not they can split Robbie Amell and Dr. Stein apart. Apparently a haircut and shave, and Stein feels significantly more in control, and he's accidentally using some of Robbie Amell's terms about Caitlin.

Oh my dear God, f*cking Linda has already figured out that Barry was in love with Iris, how did Iris not know it for so damn long?! General Eiling knows, I'm sure. Either way, Barry drops by to tell Iris that he's not in love with her anymore, and it's all but confirmed that she is in love with him.

Joe and Cisco have discovered the blood types of the speedsters, and Joe is already harboring suspicions that Wells could be one of the speedsters. CIsco doesn't want to believe it, though. He leaves.

Caitlin's running some tests on Stein/Robbie Amell, and she wants to talk to Robbie Amell, but Stein doesn't know if he can do that, but he can tell her that Robbie Amell still loves her. Ooh... Looks like Robbie Amell's body is rejecting Stein's atoms. He may turn into a nuclear bomb.

Cisco shows up and finds Stein/Robbie Amell, and he appears as though he's about to lose his sh*t. He then goes to talk to Wells and the rest of Team Flash, and Wells says that Stein/Robbie Amell only has a few hours left. He's gonna blow, and the only chance they have to stop the explosion is to kill Robbie Amell's body. Wells claims not to like these odds any more than anyone else, but there's no choice left. Caitlin and Cisco neither one believe this to be the only option.

Barry goes to talk to Stein, who knows what his fate will likely end up as, because he's done the math and they're all arguing loudly. Stein tells Barry that he remembers him, and that he should go tell whichever girl he's in love with at the moment that he's in love with her. Of course, Barry goes to Linda and threatens to eat a pepper if he doesn't get another date. He does it. It works. Iris is in the background, very unhappy.

Wells is in his Reverse Flash room, and he pulls a gun out of a small cabinet. He wants to use part of the tachyon device to try and save Robbie Amell/Stein, and this plan seems like it might work. Robbie Amell/Stein rabbits.

Cisco and Wells work hard to finish the device while Caitlin finds Robbie Amell/Stein, and Barry paces. Caitlin says she's going, Barry doesn't have time to argue. Hrm... Cisco ran the blood from the blood from earlier, and I've been right this whole damn time, Barry was one of the lightning streaks from the day his mother died.

Barry and Caitlin get out to... Where the hell are they? This "badlands" area looks an awful lot like it's covered in snow, it's ridiculously windy and whoa, Robbie Amell kissed Caitlin. Caitlin doesn't want to run as it appears the device is failing, Barry grabs her and runs anyway.

A man walks up to General Eiling and tells him about the nuclear explosion, and Eiling knows about Firestorm. Looks like Robbie Amell/Stein may have survived.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,813
    Another fantastic episode!! I'm really loving this show and can't wait till it comes out on Blu Ray in high def and with no commercial, lol

One thing I have to mention about the Nuclear Man episode: when Robbie Amell showed up with the short haircut I IMMEDIATELY thought of one person

the-flash-robbie-amell-interview-pictures-02.jpg

Nathan freaking Drake from Uncharted. If they ever make an Uncharted movie, there you go, casting is done already!
    Yes. Nolan North. The man looks enough like Nathan Drake, they really don't need to cast anyone else. On top of that, they get his already iconic voice.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,813
    I found this fan art-- I don't even know why but it just makes me smile!

1502528_10100602527342551_247045333039127220_n.jpg?oh=968802fe0c97a153907b3e0022ed2d9a&oe=554A226E

Also, once August hits you'll be able to purchase your very own Reverse Flash ring!

DC0253lg.jpg

Does Barry eventually get a ring? Or was that always more of a Wally West deal? I have a ton of Flash comics from growing up, and in the 90's Wally was the Flash.
    His name is Barry Allen, and he's the fastest man alive. We know this every week, Barry, just keep telling us.

Anyway, Robbie Amell goes nuclear for the second week in a row, and Wells is about to lose his sh*t. Not really. Apparently, Robbie Amell gave off no radiation, despite being a nuclear explosion, so Barry and Caitlin go into ground zero and find Robbie Amell, who seems to be back to normal, same with Martin Stein. Time to head home.

Cisco and Robbie Amell bro hug right away. Stein doesn't seem at all happy to be there, but he wants to freshen up and change clothes. General Eiling's men search the crater, and discover that "Firestorm has separated", which means that Eiling expected them to combine. Huh...

Robbie Amell and Martin Stein argue, because Robbie didn't like that he was stuck on cruise and Stein was the control. Barry takes Stein back to his wife, then he heads back to the police station, where Joe's waiting on him. Joe takes Barry to his old house, where he shows him the evidence that he and Cisco discovered. He tells Barry about the blood.

Wells is practically salivating over the idea of time travel (ha!), and despite everything they've seen, Barry is skeptical of the idea of time travel. Wells explains everything that might work about time travel, and Cisco gives movie titles for Joe to understand what Wells is talking about.

Now we've at the (Not) Daily Planet, and whatever-the-hell that one reporter's name is is investigating STAR Labs, and teases Iris with the idea that Wells caused the particle accelerator explosion.

Barry goes to Stein's house, and then has to go get a pizza because Stein's going nuts about pizza. Seems as though Robbie Amell's influence on him isn't entirely gone. Anyway, Barry asks him about time travel, and Stein shows him a "few" notes, but by a "few", we mean a wall. Stein's enthusiastic about the idea, and when Barry explains that he may have potentially will go back in time, Stein goes even more nuts.

Now we're at Caitlin and Robbie Amell, and she's telling him about the time Team Arrow brought Captain Boomerang's boomerang in. He then asks her if she wants to leave with him. I wonder how Stein's influence on him is going to exert itself. Maybe he'll hate pizza now. Wow, those soldiers were anything but subtle.

We cut to Stein, and we discover that he's Tomax and Xamoting feelings with Robbie Amell. Stein tells Barry to help him. Eiling talks to Robbie Amell, but Barry shows up, and Eiling drops what appears to be a needle bomb on him. Caitlin shows up with the van, and Robbie Amell whisks Barry away.

Back at STAR Labs, Caitlin and Cisco are pulling the needles out of Barry, all the while they're talking about Eiling. Stein shows up. Now we're studying Stein and Robbie Amell, and apparently it's standard for anyone having a simple brain scan to wear a STAR Labs sweater. The hell? There's a lot of fourth wall breaking in the next couple scenes. Apparently everything happens on Tuesday.

Barry takes Caitlin and Robbie Amell to Joe's, and gives them a temporary shelter. Iris shows up to make dinner.

Wells goes to see Eiling, who has discovered that Barry Allen is the Flash, and Eiling wants in on the new super human arms race. Eiling is literally the only man who can piss Wells off, apparently.

Joe talks to Barry about the news about the past. Barry confronts Joe about the blood test, and asks if Joe was still certain that Wells had something to do with Barry's mother's death. Barry says he didn't, but I'm sure Joe still thinks he did.

Wells has a drink with Stein, where he talks about all the regrets he's had over the past 14 months. And it looks like Wells drugged him. Robbie Amell felt it, too. Eiling walks in, because apparently he's working with Wells at the moment. He takes Stein's unconscious body.

Back at the (Not) Daily Planet, and Mr. What's-His-Name brings Caitlin's recent event at the coffee shop to Iris' attention. Her curiosity is piqued. Now we go to STAR Labs, and Wells explains to everyone that he was pretty much coerced into helping Eiling. They need to find Stein, and the only way they may be able to is by running Robbie Amell through more scans.

Stein is being held in an evil dentist's chair in a room where he's turning the temperature down to cause Stein to flame-on. He eventually brings in someone with a shock baton, and mentions Grodd (he says "a gorilla"). This torture is being Xamoted onto Robbie from Stein's Tomax. Robbie decides to use this pain connection to carve the word "where" into his arm, which then happens to Stein. Stein uses morse code to tell them where he is.

Hrm... Caitlin seems to be afraid that if Robbie Amell and Stein get too close, they might combine again. Cisco gives Robbie the quantum splicer and tells him that it might keep them apart.

Barry and Robbie flash out to Area 27, where Robbie confirms that the connection is growing. Eiling talks to a scientist, who explains that Stein doesn't need to live. He puts a gun to Stein's head, and Robbie tells Barry about it. He flashes Stein out, and then Eiling shoots some sort of phosphorus missile at him, forcing Barry to create a tornado to get the phosphorus off of him.

Eiling's men shoot at Robbie and Stein, so they merge once more, creating the Human Torch, only this time, they don't fight the merger, and Robbie maintains some control, with Stein running back up. Eiling uses some sort of grenade on them, knocking them down. Barry saves them, though, and then they leave.

Barry and Firestorm arrive at STAR Labs, and Firestorm attempts to separate. Hey! It works! Tomax and Xamot are two beings again! Good for you guys! Robbie and Caitlin have a tender moment, because he and Xamot have to leave. Stein has a tender background moment with his wife. They merge again, because flaming on and flying that way saves on plane tickets.

Now we're at the coffee shop again, and for some reason Caitlin's explaining the whole situation to Cisco, because he must not have been paying attention. Iris drops by and inquires about Robbie, and Caitlin screws up her crappy cover story, which Iris loves, because now they have a potential connection between Firestorm (Burning Man) and STAR Labs.

Barry goes back to his old house and talks to Joe, explaining that he's not going to fail the next (first?) time he goes back in time.

Eiling's having a drink, and then Reverse Flash grabs him and drags him to a sewer. Reverse Flash reveals himself as Wells, and... ooh... ooh... yes! Grodd has telepathic powers!
    edited February 2015 Posts: 7,854
    Double post.
  • The finale of the last episode was truly awesome.
    Reverse Flash AND Grodd...poor Barry Allen will need all the help he can get.

Flash calling Arrow? You there Arrow...?
    Screw that, call Supergirl. It might share the universe.
  • Now that his costume was destroyed, I'd love to see them upgrade it!

I mean, we know it'll eventually get upgraded anyway from the pilot. Now's the perfect time!

mSvCZQ9.png

Bright red. Yellow and WHITE logo. Now this is The Flash!

'The Flash' TV Series Spoilers: SUPERMAN Tom Welling Appearance In Season 2 Hinted By Greg Berlanti? Cisco And Caitlin Rumored To Become Metahumans In The Season Finale!

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/75884/20150225/the-flash-tv-series-spoilers.htm
    What?! Tom Welling as Superman?!
    What?! Tom Welling as Superman?!

That would be a dream come true. :)
    I still say there should be no Krypton show, like SyFy is developing. There should be a continuation of Smallville called Metropolis, starring Tom Welling as Superman.
    ^ I like that idea very much. Nobody gives a shit about Krypton.
    It's like watching Titanic-- you know how it ends!

Plus I'd love to see Welling finally get a show as Superman
    So would I. Smallville got significantly better the closer the show got to the suit, after many early pains in the beginning of the show.
    Epic New Trailer For THE FLASH Features Time Travel, 'The Trickster', 'Golden Glider', And More
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=116414
    I'm a little late, I know. Sorry. Still in before next week's episode, assuming there is an episode next week. Anyway, we start a year before, and the Weather Wizard brothers are flying toward the particle accelerator explosion. Interesting that they both end up with the same powers.

Time for today, and Barry's taking his girlfriend out for a game of bowling and Eddie and Iris are there. I'm going to tell you now that I really can't remember what his girlfriend's name is. Anyway, it's pretty damned obvious that Barry and Iris were made for each other, and Eddie and What's-Her-Name clearly notice.

The coroner is examining a body and then in comes the elder Weather Wizard, who's got a great deal more control over his powers than the one from the pilot did. He wants to know who killed his brother.

Cisco and Wells are watching an old movie, which Wells has never seen, and apparently things aren't going too well with Cisco and his family. LINDA! That's her name! Oh, yeah, Cisco notices a silent alarm at the morgue, so does Eddie, everybody bolts. Barry sees Reverse Flash while he's on his way there, so he stops and arrives at the morgue too late to have saved the coroner.

Barry does his forensics thing, and then Eddie walks in with a recording. Joe recognizes Elder Wizard, and then they hear the coroner dying. The coroner gave Joe up, by the way.

STAR Labs, Cisco's being stupid, Caitlin's mocking him, Cisco then brings up some grounding mechanism he developed. Barry then explains his moment with Reverse Flash to Wells, who doesn't think it's too important. He says they'll look into it after Weather Wizard is locked up.

Joe wants to run point on the Weather Wizard case, but the captain sidelines him due to his personal connection to the case. Iris shows up and goes to talk to Eddie, who is feeling very left out because he sees exactly how Iris and Barry are around one another.

Joe and Barry talk in the car. They talk about Iris. There's a rain storm and it's all on account of a certain Weather Wizard, who's in the truck behind them. He attempts to blow them to bits, but Barry Flashes them out just in time.

The captain practically tosses Joe in a cell, telling him he can't leave the station until Weather Wizard is behind bars. Barry tells him that it will be taken care of.

Iris is at work, and her partner (I can't remember his name, either) comes in and shows her that Wells was the last person to see Simon Stagg (second episode, or third), and Stagg has since gone missing (dead). He wants her to start asking questions. Iris then talks to Linda, who can tell very much that Iris is in love with Barry.

Barry and Iris meet at a restaurant, and she pretty much flat out... asks him about Wells. She presents the evidence that her partner (boss?) had shown her, and then asks him if he's really what he appears to be.

Cisco presents the Wizard's Wand, otherwise known as Weather Wizard's weapon in the comics, and then Wells leaves the room. Barry brings Caitlin and Cisco together and tells them about what Iris told him. Cisco's very interested in this. He then takes the Wand (which, on a closer look, appears to be a lightsaber) to the police station. Wizard then shows up himself.

There's a standoff, and nobody seems to notice. Joe goes for the Wand, and Wizard blasts him through the door. Now, everybody notices. Wizard proceeds to destroy the station, but is quickly stopped by the Flash, who grabs the Wand and uses it.

Cisco's a Walking Dead fan! Yes! He relates to Caitlin his concerns that Wells may not actually be who he says he is. He explains that Reverse Flash couldn't have escaped the trap they set, and thinks that Wells might have sabotaged the trap. He asks her to keep Wells out of STAR Labs the following day.

Barry and Joe talk to the captain's fiancee, who is almost denied access to see him because the doctor didn't realize that the captain was gay.

Barry goes to Iris' place of work and meets her boss/partner, and there's a confrontation between the two, because the guy thinks that Wells killed Stagg. He says he has evidence, and Barry asks about it, but he doesn't give it over. Cisco tests the Reverse Flash trap.

Joe goes to what looks like a run-down apartment building, where he runs into Eddie, who's there to help him. Joe tells him to leave, Eddie refuses. Back at Joe and Barry's, and Iris is there, looking for Joe. They talk about the evidence What's-His-Name has on Wells, but Iris doesn't know what it is. Then they get into a conversation on Linda, and Iris flat-out tells Barry that Linda's not right for him.

Back to Cisco and the trap chamber, and he sees something he doesn't understand. Then he does something and pop, there's the Reverse Flash. Onward to Joe and Eddie, who are then attacked by Weather Wizard.

Joe wakes up on what I can only assume is a boat, or a pier. Wizard has broken Joe's leg, and Joe taunts him. Wizard explains he wants more than to just kill him. Wells and Caitlin are at a restaurant, having a conversation. She seems very nervous. He notices.

Eddie is rallying the troops in the police station, and from the looks of things, Central City only has about thirty cops. Wizard calls Iris with Joe's phone and tells her no police. Iris, of course, tells Barry, who pulls her into the elevator at just the wrong time, as Linda shows up.

Caitlin's still trying to keep Wells out of STAR, and as she goes to get their coffee to go, she turns around and sees Wells' chair, but no Wells. Wells has, in fact, gone to STAR, where Cisco has discovered that the Reverse Flash that they'd captured was a holographic recording. Iris and Barry show up to save Joe and Wizard prepares a storm.

Wells reveals himself to Eobard Thawne, reveals that he did kill Barry's mother, though he had been there to kill Barry himself. He's an accidental time traveler, stuck in the present day for fifteen years. Cisco begs for his life by offering to help, but Wells says that it just ain't happening, that Cisco's almost been like a son to him. Wells then kills Cisco.

Back to the Iris and Barry Rescues Joe Hour, and Iris pretty much admits to Barry that she loves him. Barry does the same to her. They kiss, and Wizard sends out a massive tidal wave. Barry calls Caitlin, who has gotten to STAR. She tells him that he needs to run back and forth very fast to stop the wave. He reveals himself to Iris, who's absolutely dumbfounded. I swear it looks almost like Barry's about to sever Central City from the coast.

Huh... The Reverse Flash that Barry saw earlier wasn't Reverse Flash. It was Barry himself, having gone back in time. Looks like we get some time travelling shenanigans next week!
    All right, guys. Real life family health problems interfered with me last week, but now I'm back. Short story: Flash went back in time two days, Cisco's not dead anymore, the Rogues showed up, Barry's now considering Wells to be a bad guy.

We begin this episode with a flashback to the night Barry's mother died. We see dueling Flashes, which is awesome, but damn near guarantees us that we'll just see recycled footage from this episode when this fight actually happens.

Present day, and Barry and Joe talk about Wells, about the extreme number of "coincidences" related to Wells and the emergence of the Flash. Barry wants answers, Joe tells him to be patient.

Now we're in a calm and serene park, and because this is TV, none of these people will be harmed as the bombs float on parachutes downward. Barry and Joe see this from a window, and Barry Flashes out to save the one kid that might die. The Trickster then records a video of himself, which Team Flash watches. They bring up the old Trickster, who is very obviously the Trickster from the 90s series (not a bad thing), once again played by Mark Hamill.

Now we see Flash-backs (heh) again, and the Reverse Flash escapes the fight and talks to his super advanced Morena Baccarin computer, who tells him that his Speed Force is depleted. He pulls off his mask, looks significantly younger, and is very angry.

Joe and Barry go to visit Mark Hamill in jail, and I love the fact that he's still rocking that evil voice that he's so known for between appearances as Luke Skywalker. Barry shows him pictures of the bombs, and he berates them. He also makes a joke about the Cubs, which is awesome. Barry and Joe tell Hamill about the new Trickster, and he's not happy about it. He looks at a picture of the new Trickster and then berates him. Joe then offers him a deal: help the cops to find the new guy. Hamill says no, but he demands that they kill the new Trickster, then he starts mildly Joker laughing.

Eddie and Iris walk very quickly through the police station, where Iris tells Eddie about her boss's disappearance. Eddie says he's too busy, but he'll look into it after all the Trickster stuff is over with. We now cut to Barry and Joe at Mark Hamill's old hideout, and I seriously just think this is Mark Hamill's real home, but, either way, there's a bomb in the only locked room, which the copycat Trickster left after stealing everything.

Barry and Joe return to the prison, and Barry stops by his dad, John Wesley Shipp, and tells him that he's close to finding his mother's real killer. Shipp asks Joe what Barry's talking about, but Joe tells him to just hold on. They return to Mark Hamill's cell and tell him about place being raided by the copycat, and he's very angry about it. Apparently, there was a bomb in the room big enough to destroy the city, which must mean it was nuclear, or something. Convenience strikes, and the copycat posts a video that Joe and Barry watch, which causes Mark Hamill to psychotically scream "TAKE OFF MY MASK!" This has seriously become the best episode of the show because of Mark Hamill. Why can't he be the Joker in that Suicide Squad movie? I don't care if he isn't getting any younger, he's still a damn fine actor.

STAR Labs, and Team Flash converse about the copycat. Where's that awesome Speed ripoff that the previews showed? It's gonna be in the last twenty minutes, isn't it? Dammit. Anyway, Wells drags Barry off into a room and is being cryptically evil, saying things like "I know what's going on" and "I know what you're thinking". Then he says that Barry's obviously thinking about his father thanks to all the prison visits. He claims that he'll help Barry find the Reverse Flash, and Barry receives a text message and leaves.

Then we get a flashback (a Reverse Flash-back - ha!). Wells is sitting on a beach with some woman I think we're supposed to remember from another episode, and they talk about the research center that Wells wants to build in the center of the city. Wait a minute... Who... What the hell?! Wells is being spied upon by... Reverse Flash!

Flash meets with Iris, and uses that stupid voice that I hate. She tells him about her boss, who's name is Mason Bridge. That's so stupid. Anyway, Barry also doesn't want to help her find out why he's missing, which makes a great deal of sense. He's the key to the plot that nobody knows about, but there's signifcantly more important things going on. Anyway, the episode plot calls Barry and tells him about the video that the copycat just posted. He's planted the bomb somewhere between 52nd street and Avenue B. I think the 52nd street thing is a reference to the New 52. Anyway, the bomb was a fake, and the copycat just broke Mark Hamill out of jail and kidnapped John Wesley Shipp. Why the hell did they kidnap John Wesley Shipp? Because he was the Flash in the 90s, obviously.

The copycat fanboys over Mark Hamill, and apparently Mark Hamill knows that John Wesley Shipp is Barry's dad. How? I don't know. I don't care. Either way, Shipp is certain - I don't care what I was about to write. "My Breaking Bad season 5! They gave me cable in prison so I'd stop killing the guards." I want - Again, I don't care what I was about to say, Mark f*cking Hamill just pulled an "I am your father" on the copycat! This is so damn much the best episode of this show.

Anyway, Reverse Flash is, again, watching Wells and his girlfriend/wife/fiance/significant other, and lays a spike strip down (where'd he get that?) to roll their car over and kill said girlfriend/wife/fiance/significant other.

Present day again, and Barry asks Joe if he thinks John Wesley Shipp is okay. This then changes into a conversation about Wells and why he's helping Barry if he's also a bad guy. Joe tells him that Barry didn't want to believe Wells was a bad guy, and that it doesn't matter why Wells is helping, but that he is.

Mark Hamill is dressed as a servant at a big party for the mayor's re-election campaign, and Iris shows up. The copycat is also there.

Y'know, I hate Halo, but I love these Halo 5 Guardians trailers. Specifically the one where Locke is telling Master Chief that he's a failure and a traitor. Whoever the hell plays Locke is awesome in that trailer.

Iris chats it up with the mayor and Mark Hamill takes the stage and tells jokes. Where the hell did they get that assault rifle?! When the hell did they have time to hide that assault rifle?! Anyway, he's apparently poisoned everyone, all so that they will give over all the money they have. Iris calls her dad and everyone hears Mark Hamill over the phone. Somehow they have the recipie to the antidote so that they can start producing it immediately. Barry Flashes over to the party and now comes the Speed part that I was certain would be in the last twenty minutes. Turns out, it was the last fifteen minutes. Anyway, Wells' suggestion is that Barry vibrate to a certain frequency to phase through a wall, and he speaks of this so disturbingly erotically that I don't understand how it's not obvious that he's the bad guy to Cisco and Caitlin. Anyway, he doesn't actually phase through a wall, he phases through what appears to be a gasoline truck, and this somehow works.

Just as Mark Hamill is revelling in his success, Barry gives everybody the antidote, demands to know where John Wesley Shipp is, saves John Wesley Shipp, and then proceeds to reveal himself, but John Wesley Shipp does not look surprised.

Is John Wesley Shipp suddenly out of prison? He's walking around STAR Labs like he's a free man, what the hell is going on? Does no one know that he was kidnapped by Mark Hamill? Anyway, he thanks Wells for everything he's done for Barry and Wells gives him a look that says "I killed your wife, asshole." Oh, Joe is taking him back to prison now. Did he get a day of visitation or something?

Oh well, back to the past, and Flashback Wells crawls out of the car while Reverse Flash tells him about his future. Apparently, the particle accelerator was meant to happen later, in 2020. Anyway, Reverse Flash uses a future techno-gizmo to turn himself into Wells, all the while sucking out Wells' life force.

Present day, Joe wants to talk to Eddie about the Mason Bridge thing, and Barry reveals himself to Eddie to get him on board. Eddie then lies to Iris about Mason going to Brazil (because that's the only place anyone can go to disappear, apparently). Apparently, Barry caught it when Wells was talking about the phasing thing, and connects him to Reverse Flash.

Reverse Flash-back, and Reverse Wells crawls out of the car.

Ooh, more crosover with Arrow later this season. Cool.
    Review later this week, everybody, sorry.
    It's the CW, the show is written on the one hand for comic fans, and on the other hand for 16 year olds who've never seen a naked human body outside the internet.
    His name is Barry Allen, and he's the fastest man - Oh, wait, that's just the opening narration. Silly silly me. I know I said there'd be a review of last weeks episode at some point and then I never did, there were some... complications. Sorry.

Anyway, Barry, Eddie, Joe, Cisco and Caitlin are all talking about Wells, and Caitlin is not happy about any of this. Cisco and Joe are going to take a road trip to Starling City, so there's a good chance we'll see some Arrow guests.

Then we see a woman in a room, completely spacing out. As she's spacing out, it appears as though she's stealing from bank vaults. Next scene, Eddie's interrogating her because she was caught. Looks like there's gonna be a new metahuman tonight. Eddie and Barry talk about her until Iris shows up and asks where her dad is.

A man is selling some jewelery, and it appears he's selling the ones that woman just stole the night before.

Barry talks to Caitlin about Wells, and she's still not happy about this. Wells walk - well, wheels - in on the middle of this conversation and asks about Cisco, but they cover for him. Eddie then calls about the tip off he just got on the stolen jewelery, and then gets into a fist fight with the guy who was about to sell the jewelery. He doesn't exactly lose, but he doesn't win, either. Barry shows up and the guy then proves that he's a shape shifter and then gets away.

Barry tells Wells and Caitlin about the shape shifter, and they find out multiple crimes have been committed similar to the one at the bank earlier, and they get a name.

Cisco and Joe talk to Captain Lance, but nobody is acting like the Arrow crisis is going on. Laurel shows up and asks for some evidence. Laurel then takes Cisco aside and tells him everything she knows, which amazes Cisco. Then she tells him that she's the Black Canary, and he's practically ejaculating on her. He asks why she told him all this, and she shows him Sarah's sonic device and asks him to modify it, and he's only too happy.

Caitlin looks at some stuff on Wells online, then we're suddenly in Wells' apartment, and he's walking around. He's not happy that he has to get back in the wheelchair, and for some weird reason it's disturbingly ominous as he wheels up to her, but then Barry Flashes her away. They have a conversation about Wells, and Caitlin tells Barry why she doesn't want to believe Wells is the Reverse Flash. Barry then knocks a low blow on her and demands that she help him so that he can free his dad.

Now, Barry and Eddie pull up to the house of Hannibal Bates (or, well, his grandmother; am I the only one who suspects he's taking on his grandmother's appearance in a Psycho reference? It's way too damn obvious) and speak with his grandmother. She's not exactly all there, and I'm proven correct in that Bates has pulled a psycho. Wells and Caitlin are on mission control and tell Barry not to Flash around, but to run like a normal person. I'd like to know why Bates is taking on a woman's appearance. So far, all he's changed into are women, aside from a mention that he'd changed into his best friend some time ago. Oh, and now he's Eddie. Uh-oh.

Because somebody had a camera as Bates shot the cops (probably cop body cams), Eddie's gonna be under scrutiny. Now we're back in Starling and Joe and Captain Lance bond over having daughters. Cisco then finds tachyons along the highway that Wells' fiance died on, and Captain Lance's drink starts to float. Barry then tries to get Eddie to go to STAR Labs while he tries to find Bates, but Eddie says no, to let the system do its work after he finds Bates. Barry goes home and talks to Iris on the phone, then Eddie shows up, but it's really Bates, and he knocks Barry out and takes his form.

Caitlin shows up at Barry's house with a way to stop the shape shifter. Bates doesn't seem very happy about that, but he's still trying to keep up appearances as Barry. Everyman. No, Caitlin, it's stupid.

Cisco, Joe and Captain Lance are digging some dirt up, literally, and they find some remains. Lance wants to call it in, but Joe asks him not to. He pulls the "be a g*ddamn father" card on Lance, and it seems to work.

Bates is walking around, and doesn't look like he knows what anything there is. Caitlin works on the serum she wants to use on him, still completely oblivious that Bates is in the room with her. Bates leans in and kisses her, which shocks the hell out of Caitlin. Iris shows up, apparently having also done some digging on Bates' crimes. Bates pulls out his gun, and then he gets jolted. Wells has a taser, and he uses it.

Iris and Caitlin take in Bates. Bates then shows up his feminine side yet again and turns into a little girl to attract the attention of some construction workers, making it awkward for Iris and Caitlin.

Caitlin shows up at Barry's and finds him, then unties him and takes the tape off his mouth. Joe and Lance talk for a moment, then Joe watches Laurel show up and silently suggests that Lance talk to her. Laurel talks to Cisco about the sonic device, and it looks like he's turned it into a collar. She gives him a file folder and tells him she'll kill him if he shows it to anyone. It's a photo of her and Cisco, and she's in her Canary outfit. Oh... Cisco...

Barry talks to Wells and Caitlin about Bates. They've finished the serum and a delivery system, and then discover Bates is at the airport. Barry can't find him at first, then notices something wrong about a woman going though a metal detector. Bates really has a thing for turning into women, because during this fight, he turns into Caitlin and Iris both, then Eddie, then into Barry himself. Barry then injects the serum into Bates, and he starts shifting between forms, settling on a woman, if that surprises you.

The CCPD captain and the DA talk about the video of the Flash knocking Bates out with the serum and talk about having cleared Eddie. The DA talks to Barry about the Flash, at how cool he is. Eddie then reunites with Iris and tells her he's been working with the Flash.

Bates is in the prison now, and he's shifting between female forms again. Wells asks him what he really looks like, and Bates shifts into a strange mutant form, saying he can't remember what he really looks like. Barry, Cisco and Joe show Caitlin the remains, and analysis proves that those remains belong to the real Harrison Wells. Wells just happens to be downstairs, and Joe talks to him. Joe asks if Wells ever returned to Starling City, and Wells says that he hasn't, because of bad memories. Wells attempts to bond with Joe over their lost loved ones, but Joe is apprehensive. Joe stands there for awhile.

Cisco is looking at a 3D model of STAR Labs, and finds a room he's never seen before. He, Caitlin and Barry go searching for the room, and find it, along with Wells' Reverse Flash suit and secret computer. Oooh.