SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• RC7RC7
    w2bond wrote: »
    Samuel001 wrote: »
    What to say that hasn't already been said? Nothing but here are my thoughts anyway:

The action sequences are nicely varied. Lots of variety this time in both location and vehicle type, some set in the day, others night. I'm not sold on the gadget car, mind. It's very much a full on Bond film, M, Q, Moneypenny, hell even a henchman! All the characters in place playing their part. Craig has some varied clothes this time. Very nice to see the shoulder holster and white dinner jacket back particularly. I didn't notice the Majesty's theme at first, for what it's worth. The Blofeld twist better be handled with care. However it is done, I'm more than OK with not having the character in the next film. More onto something new and come back to it later by all means.

Final thought: I very much like that hard to pause shot of what is Bond fighting Mr. Hinx on the train.

I love the idea of having more gadgets back. And a gadget car? Wet dreams...

I agree with Samuel. All a bit meh the gadget stuff. Doesn't need to be there.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Reading some of the obtuse negativity from people on other sites, it's clear Bond movies are for a better class of people.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    RC7 wrote: »
    What to say that hasn't already been said? Nothing but here are my thoughts anyway:

The action sequences are nicely varied. Lots of variety this time in both location and vehicle type, some set in the day, others night. I'm not sold on the gadget car, mind. It's very much a full on Bond film, M, Q, Moneypenny, hell even a henchman! All the characters in place playing their part. Craig has some varied clothes this time. Very nice to see the shoulder holster and white dinner jacket back particularly. I didn't notice the Majesty's theme at first, for what it's worth. The Blofeld twist better be handled with care. However it is done, I'm more than OK with not having the character in the next film. More onto something new and come back to it later by all means.

Final thought: I very much like that hard to pause shot of what is Bond fighting Mr. Hinx on the train.

Perhaps not for this era of movies, but looks like they may ramp up the gadgets here and make a more traditional Bond film. Like it or not, I always thought that gadgets are one of the signatures of Bond movies. Starting with the briefcase in FRWL, breather in TB, to the tricked out BMW. It sure got me intrigued as a boy

• RC7RC7

Perhaps not for this era of movies, but looks like they may ramp up the gadgets here and make a more traditional Bond film. Like it or not, I always thought that gadgets are one of the signatures of Bond movies. Starting with the briefcase in FRWL, breather in TB, to the tricked out BMW. It sure got me intrigued as a boy

I love the gadgets, they're just harder to do these days because everybody has 'gadgets', they're completely ubiquitous. Wouldn't mind his watch doing something cool, but not sure about the car, I can take it or leave it, seems a bit out of place.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Here we are again folks, only 3 hours of sleep, I woke up and I think I've watched over 20 times by now. What is wrong with me? :D
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Reading some of the obtuse negativity from people on other sites, it's clear Bond movies are for a better class of people.

Those are probably the same people that think that Die Another Day is the best of the Bond films.

• edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119
    antovolk wrote: »
    @Pierce2Daniel I agree - like Warner Bros with Batman v Superman, it seems after the more inventive and creative teaser which was met with a more mixed reception (mind you, that BvS teaser had very much 50/50 split in terms of reception, Bond was had great reception apart from people confused over no action scenes), they've decided to cut a more typical crowdpleaser of a trailer, and this one was quite IMO messy editing-wise and not as clear/cohesive in terms of narrative. The big plus of the trailer of course is the music, and that unlike the SF trailers (which were very nicely edited btw, in spite of the thing I'm about to mention), don't give a play-by-play of the film.

But on the other hand, the movie itself looks absolutely fantastic and I can't wait.

Here's the full theatrical trailer of "Skyfall", released July 31st 2012:

And then compare it with the full theatrical trailer of "SPECTRE", released today:

I tend to disagree. I find the full trailer of SP like a perfectly edited little film. It basically is edited in the film's chronological order. Just like SF. Perhaps even better than SF. The SF-trailer simply puts all action in an a-chronological order near the end of the trailer, highlighted by the pumping climatic music. With the SP-trailer it seems slightly more coherent.

Also, I think the nature of SP makes the trailer how it is. With that I mean: SF was a very sobre film, less action-heavy, less extra's, more focused on character development, thus basically a character-driven spy thriller. Now I can't say if SP will have less of that, but I do see that SP in its essence is way more 'typical Bond-ian'. In a good way. It has more clearly identifiable action sequences. It already has better one-liners that really work well ("Ooowh, I'm just taking some overdue holidays"). It has bigger sets. It has a more cut-out, laid-out mission. The villain and its organization are much bigger. Oberhauser is not like Silva....acting alone. It has way more extra's.

So editing that all together in a chronological way works very well, but it just looks different from the SF-trailer. It doesn't necessarily mean that the editing style of the trailer is crowd-pleasing. I think all the creative choices from screenplay writers and the director made SP simply a more clearly identifiable Bond film......so far ;-)

edited July 2015 Posts: 2,252

I love the gadgets, they're just harder to do these days because everybody has 'gadgets', they're completely ubiquitous. Wouldn't mind his watch doing something cool, but not sure about the car, I can take it or leave it, seems a bit out of place.

Point taken.

I don't think they'll overdo it. They don't go for exploding pens anymore.

Gadget cars though, not everyone has one of those :) I've loved every gadget car chase in the series, yes DAD included. They are a lot of fun

Can some wizkid create a HD version of the trailer?
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    There is the 1080p version on YT
    edited July 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Link?
    The ones I'm watching say HD but they look SD.

Nm found it
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Can some wizkid create a HD version of the trailer?

If you're talking about the same Blu-ray quality as I did the first teaser from March....it's coming - when I get my hands on the version sent to cinemas.
    I found this one...

Watch "Spectre (2015) Official HD Trailer #2 [1080p]" on YouTube
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Nice little rundown by Nick Setchfield, self confessed Bond fan and SFX magazine guy, on the Games Radar website -

http://www.gamesradar.com/new-bond-trailer-spectre/

• edited July 2015 Posts: 1,965
    Just saw the trailer and I loved it. It did give a lot away IMO and I think it's obvious you know who is playing Blofeld. I didn't really hear the OHMSS theme in it like you guys are saying

edited for content
    Listen again. It's there. It's unmistakable.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 669
    The trailer is simply fantastic. The choice of dialogue, the editing, and (of course) the music - especially the OHMSS theme - are all top notch. The action looks absolutely phenomenal, all of it (from what I can tell) done practically. That helicopter roll is insane! Everything here screams "classic, old-school Bond film" - even the title. I was a bit surprised that we didn't hear the "Bond, James Bond" line as we did in the TV spot, but no biggie.

The wait for November 7th just got even longer :(
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited July 2015 Posts: 2,629
    "It was me James, the author of all of your pain".

I liked how they show a lot, yet gave nothing away. I'm also intriqued by the unauthorized Mexico City mission.

Lastly, this You Tube comment shares my sentiment on the trailer.

wallball5 31 minutes ago
    Stop! My penis can only be so erect!

• The fact that the OHMSS theme is so much appreciated here, makes me think that if EON decided to remake the old Bond movies, it would be much more appreciated than many think...
  • tqbtqb
    Figured I'd leave mine here-
    I had just woken up !

The fact that the OHMSS theme is so much appreciated here, makes me think that if EON decided to remake the old Bond movies, it would be much more appreciated than many think...

Appreciating a classic piece of music and having it used contemporarily isn't the same as wanting entire movies to be remade. Dont confuse the two.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Is it just me that is aching for them to use this again?
    RE the OHMSS theme: for me it links SF and OHMSS thematically.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the 007 theme appeared in SP, provided they are allowed to use it. They sure went through previous films with a fine tooth comb so that motif would not have gone unnoticed
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited July 2015 Posts: 1,329
    I wouldn't be surprised if the 007 theme appeared in SP, provided they are allowed to use it. They sure went through previous films with a fine tooth comb so that motif would not have gone unnoticed

Would certainly make me a very happy man! I'm imagining the feels right now ........
    hinx and his goons think they've escaped with Madeleine all goes quiet .... Cue bonds plane rushing straight over head with the 007 theme blaring ahhhhh
    If this is a somewhat remake of OHMSS then I hope bond 25 is a true adaptation of the novel YOLT
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Since nothing firm or reliable is coming out about the theme song...wouldn't it be just grand that we get a Newmanized version of Barry's OHMSS score instead? With highlights from DC's previous three films?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    And now Mr. Waltz, you will keep denying? :D

UUgA6y2.png
  • RC7RC7
    TripAces wrote: »
    Since nothing firm or reliable is coming out about the theme song...wouldn't it be just grand that we get a Newmanized version of Barry's OHMSS score instead? With highlights from DC's previous three films?

No, I really don't think that is a good idea at all.
    So Oberhauser (Waltz) was adopted by ski instructor Oberhauser and became a bit like Bond's brother. Till both grew up seperate ways, Waltz's Oberhauser discovers his real name (Blofeld) and past.