SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

Really loved it.
  • RC7RC7
    I think Hinx is really menacing, as opposed to, let's say, Stamper from "TND". I don't know what it is.....but I think the slow build-up towards the man we all love with all its gadgets and henchmen, over a course of four Bond films, truly pays off here. It's like....it all feels way more real. And such a different experience as opposed to the Brosnan films.

Why do you always, always, always have to bring up Brosnan? Can't you just enjoy the trailer? It's always a competition with you. Just enjoy it for what it is!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Craig isn't going anywhere after SP. There'd be blood on the streets!
    RC7 wrote: »
    I think Hinx is really menacing, as opposed to, let's say, Stamper from "TND". I don't know what it is.....but I think the slow build-up towards the man we all love with all its gadgets and henchmen, over a course of four Bond films, truly pays off here. It's like....it all feels way more real. And such a different experience as opposed to the Brosnan films.

Why do you always, always, always have to bring up Brosnan? Can't you just enjoy the trailer? It's always a competition with you. Just enjoy it for what it is!

I don't like your remark @RC7. If only you could be a bit more empathic. I'm playing the trailer over-and-over-again. My neighbours don't like me at the moment. I am "just enjoying" it.

There's absolutely no competition in my remark. And if you feel like it, then I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention. It is MY opinion, and I feel thrilled by the results so far! It's all I ever wanted. Pity....you can so easily bring down my mood :-(.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I think Bautistas wresting experience helps his character. He's spent a decade or more being menacing in front of a live audience for a job, I would hope he could do it for a film
  • RC7RC7

I don't like your remark @RC7. If only you could be a bit more empathic. I'm playing the trailer over-and-over-again. My neighbours don't like me at the moment. I am "just enjoying" it.

There's absolutely no competition in my remark. And if you feel like it, then I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention. It is MY opinion, and I feel thrilled by the results so far! It's all I ever wanted. Pity....you can so easily bring down my mood :-(.

I don't like your remark. Stop bringing up Brosnan, it's tedious. Just enjoy the trailer.

I don't like your remark. Stop bringing up Brosnan, it's tedious. Just enjoy the trailer.

I am frikkin' enjoying it! X(

Don't let your irritations sound so easily man. If you don't like my remark? Bad luck for you!
    Was it only me who loved Mr White quote: "He's everywhere" ?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2015 Posts: 8,087

Stop telling people what to do like you own the place @RC7.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    After watching the new trailer, I'm more certain than ever before that this is Craig's last Bond film.
  • RC7RC7
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Stop telling people what to do like you own the place @RC7.

Can anyone hear the irony alarm?
    After watching the new trailer, I'm more certain than ever before that this is Craig's last Bond film.

What makes you say that? I'm getting a strong sense that Oberhauser/Blofeld has been around for the entirety of the Craig era, lines like, 'you came across me so many times, yet you never saw me' and 'the author of all your pain' suggests he may have had a hand in the last three films somehow, so I can see that this might be a sort of final denouement, but then I don't get why you'd parachute in a villain you've waited years to use only to bin him off after one film?
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 832

I sincerely doubt it.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 1,661
    I think everyone is getting a serious meltdown here . It seems EON Productions now fully embraced George Lazenby as the "Godfather of Bond Films" hehehe.

Brilliant post! :))

It's clear Mendes worships the big George L and is making On Her Majesty's Secret Service part 2. We just need Craig's Bond voice to be dubbed during the middle bit to really get the retro vibe going on! ;))
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I think everyone is getting a serious meltdown here . It seems EON Productions now fully embraced George Lazenby as the "Godfather of Bond Films" hehehe.

Brilliant post! :))

It's clear Mendes worships the big George L and is making On Her Majesty's Secret Service part 2. We just need Craig's Bond voice to be dubbed during the middle bit to really get the retro vibe going on! ;))

I'm just......truly nerdy geeky here hehe :-P. I just keep playing the trailer over and over again. It's just so.....damn fine!
  • RC7RC7
    When 'M' says, 'You have no authority. None'. Do you think he's directing this at Denbigh, 'C'.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Well, we'll see about that and I'll be sure to tell you I told you so, with a complimentary side dish of skewered crow ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Holy s*t, I didn't even notice the OHMSS theme!
  • Hi All, new to site, love the new trailer, but is anyone else getting an Austin Powers Goldmember vibe, is he his brother, the secret he's hiding? :))
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Nonsense. Suppose this thing does 1,2 billion dollars. They'll contact Craig at least once more.

• Love the trailer, and I can't wait until it is released. How about gold class I says??? Yes please!!!
    I still can't help but to take the time and ask about theories/canon about the movie. It says Bond uncovers a sinister organisation called SPECTRE. Unless the Craig films are a reboot, shouldn't Bond already know about SPECTRE? Have the events of say, OHMSS, have happened?
    I have to admit that on initial blush I'm not overtly enthused. It definitely looks like Mendes et al have very consciously decided to make a 'classic' Bond film, which is fine.

However, there are some things I'm not overly keen about. Firstly, Hotye's work in the teaser looked far superior than what we have here. It looks as though the colour from people's faces are often drained in shots and they all seem to have an odd overly milky and smooth texture (especially in that first scene with M in his office).

Secondly, the trailer is edited in an odd way. The content is great but it's all very ramshackle and discoordinated in its structure.

Also, it seems that Daniel Craig's monotone line deliveries have remained. Do we really need to hear lines like "I'm your only chance of staying alive" again? That is a massive action movie clichè if I've ever heard one. Watching the trailer for the first time, I started to wonder how long we had left of DC as Bond. I've always been a big fan, but I think it's time he stepped aside and let Tom Hardy take over.

Andrew Scott looks obviously evil. I'd have rather they left him out of the marketing altogether as at the moment Denbeigh seems like such an obvious villain it's hardly worth the suspense or excitement that he is anything more.

On the plus side, the Aston Martin DB10 looks great, Ben Whishaw looks brilliant back as Q and there are certainty some Eva Green vibes coming off Madeline Swann. Also, anything with Monica Bellucci is golden in my book.

But, for me the trailer was a little bland and obvious. It was riddled with clichès and on the whole a little uninspiring. However, it's an obvious crowdpleaser (OHMSS theme, white tux, etc), so I'm sure fan will lap it up. But if you ask me it's lacking invention.
  • RC7RC7
    jake24 wrote: »
    Holy s*t, I didn't even notice the OHMSS theme!

"There's no shame in saying you've lost a step".
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,444
    I should not have watched it. To much spoilers again. This said i don't mind Bond go rogue, because i see it part of game. But there should not show it in trailer, like start of trailer or Waltz. My biggest problem stil be that ''new'' family thing that i don't like. But people don't understand subtil hints in QOS, so then we doing it on this way there must have thaught.

Also i get a bit of Severine dejavu, but this time with M. How much people will be in shock if new M already must say goodbye. There realy showing balls if Sam Mendes and P&W deside to make end of Fienes in this movie and earlier introduced Harry Potter actres wil be new M. :-j

Earlier there already fools me with cinematopgrahy/upset of trailers of CR and Skyfall where CR actualy movie whas more violence and Skyfall more boring.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 1,661
    This said i don't mind Bond go rogue, because i see it part of game

The rogue aspect is part of Craig's Bond's DNA. I think it's due to Barbara Broccoli wanting to humanize Bond, making him more vulnerable. The box office stats of his three films would suggest she made the right call. I doubt we'll ever see a Craig Bond film without some 'issue/trauma/secret'. I'm not meaning that as a criticism, but I think it's easier to embrace the Craig Bond films if you accept the rogue/reckless aspect to his character. Some fans may be tired of it but I don't think general film goers are.

I absolutely loved the trailer of course!! My one criticism was that it really didn't build to a discernable climax. We got glimpses of full-on 007-ness, but it didn't really end on a high note. I kept waiting for a big SF explosion or QOS fight or some other moment at the end but it never came. Left me a bit deflated at the end. Thoughts anyone?
  • RC7RC7
    mrhatsuka wrote: »
    I absolutely loved the trailer of course!! My one criticism was that it really didn't build to a discernable climax. We got glimpses of full-on 007-ness, but it didn't really end on a high note. I kept waiting for a big SF explosion or QOS fight or some other moment at the end but it never came. Left me a bit deflated at the end. Thoughts anyone?

You'll get that in the film no doubt! No need to blow all the money shots in the trailer.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I teared a bit.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited July 2015 Posts: 2,252
    Ok I gave in. I watched it at 5:05pm right after work.

It's so funny when they pay homages (with a unique spin) and people complain. And when they disregard the past people also complain. "You can't win"

I thought it was spectacular. It almost made me tear at how brilliant it is. A proper Bond movie. I'd say top 5 easy. The only question is if the plot/script/music will be good enough
    When 'M' says, 'You have no authority. None'. Do you think he's directing this at Denbigh, 'C'.

I think "M" said: "You had no athority", referring to Bond's mission in Mexico City. Perhaps he didn't have the authority to "clean up" Mexico-City. But it also seems that Bond only wanted to gun down a man, and then this whole building exploded.

It really sounds like "M" is lecturing Bond from behind his desk. Like in the good old Connery days ;-).

And then 007's quick oneliner: "I was taking some overdue holiday". Which IMO works very well :-P.

mrhatsuka wrote: »

You'll get that in the film no doubt! No need to blow all the money shots in the trailer.
    No doubt we will! Roll on November!!