SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm sold.

Looks great, plenty of actual action, rather than obvious cgi and greenscreen. Love the little bit of OHMSS, and at the start after the MGM logo, it sounds like TB as well.
    Craig looks awesome. Love the white dj. Lea Seydoux is stunning. Waltz in the final scenes are a little bit iffy.
    All in all, role on October 26.
    This...is...great! The hint of music from OHMSS got me smiling from ear to ear.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    @Sark, I'm in Japan. :)
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Kept buffering on me - have to have a proper look tonight. First impression? Looks good. Great even!
    OMG The music in the second half...It's gonna be AMAZING !!!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This film might just be the Craig Bond movie to top CR because it sure as hell looks that way...so far.
    My only 'issue' is the whole rogue Bond thing seems to have popped up yet again. Other than that, perfect. Dinner jacket, the music, cinematography, car, etc. It looks absolutely gorgeous.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Fantastic trailer, looks awesome, can't wait for the film. :D
    eddychaput wrote: »
    The OHMSS theme is one of the greatest pieces of Bond music ever. It makes the trailer even better than it already would had it not employed it. That being said, is it being used because OHMSS is also a S.P.E.C.T.R.E. film? Because there are some more links between the two films than any of the information we have suggests? Because it just sounds awesome?
    Questions, questions...

Just speculation, I haven't read the script, but in the description of the video in Youtube they put
    Watch the new trailer for SPECTRE. A cryptic message from the past sends James Bond on a rogue mission to Mexico City and eventually Rome, where he meets Lucia Sciarra (Monica Bellucci), the beautiful and forbidden widow of an infamous criminal. Bond infiltrates a secret meeting and uncovers the existence of the sinister organisation known as SPECTRE.

Meanwhile back in London, Max Denbigh (Andrew Scott), the new head of the Centre for National Security, questions Bond’s actions and challenges the relevance of MI6, led by M (Ralph Fiennes). Bond covertly enlists Moneypenny (Naomie Harris) and Q (Ben Whishaw) to help him seek out Madeleine Swann (Léa Seydoux), the daughter of his old nemesis Mr White (Jesper Christensen), who may hold the clue to untangling the web of SPECTRE. As the daughter of an assassin, she understands Bond in a way most others cannot.

As Bond ventures towards the heart of SPECTRE, he learns of a chilling connection between himself and the enemy he seeks, played by Christoph Waltz.

So could it be that Mr. White is our new Draco and Madeleine Swann our new Tracy? That would explain the OHMSS theme.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Love it but I feel a bit tired of the "Bond's past" stuff.
    I cant wait, It looks fantastic and it looks like an old school epic Bond Film, it had a 60's feel to it.
    I don´t get that everybody seems instantly sold on the Music. I find it terrible. Otherwise, the daylight Scenes look great. The rest Looks so Brown-ish I´m not sure what to make of it.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    bondboy007 wrote: »
    My only 'issue' is the whole rogue Bond thing seems to have popped up yet again. Other than that, perfect. Dinner jacket, the music, cinematography, car, etc. It looks absolutely gorgeous.

Yes, I agree with that.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119
    I've fully analized the trailer. And I can only say this. The people involved in this film (Sam Mendes, Barbara and Michael, John Logan, Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, Hoyte van Hoytema and Daniel Craig) put their deepest "fan-being" in this film.

There's really.....a wonderful kind of love in really EVERY aspect of this film. Just....have a look at these pictures/images I made (SPOILERS AHEAD!!!):
    There was a huge discussion going on about 007's Aston Martin DB5 to re-appear in this film. As we all know, it got destroyed in "Skyfall". But here you see a 'new' DB5 is being build/tested/equiped. A quick peek:
    vHh8J6.jpg

Will Lucia Sciarra become another "sacrificial lamb", like so many other Bond girls from the past? One would say "yes" after seeing the full trailer. But just at the moment you think Sciarra is being shot, someone else is shooting at the two hitmen behind her:
    SfvCrY.jpg

I've talked before about injecting some "gore" in a Bond film. Well, this image is not for young 'eyes', as it now seems Hinx indeed popped out someone's eye. It's perhaps one of the most horrific images ever in a Bond film:
    i2EV7o.jpg

And then the lead villain. I still think we shouldn't rule out actor Andrew Scott as "Blofeld". I just thought he is perhaps much easier to commit to a multi-picture-deal as opposed to Christoph Waltz. And Andrew Scott's character 'Max Denbigh'.....I think we should NOT rule out just yet that HE could actually become Ernst Stavro Blofeld, whereas Waltz plays a Dr No-esque head of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. who gets killed in the end...:
    WqF6j8.jpg
    SPECTRE-Film-Stills-20635.jpg

There was a lot of criticism in here about equipping Bond's new Aston Martin DB10 with lots of Q-gadgets. But, I think the people really re-introduced and re-imagined the gadgets in Bond's car carefully. In these pictures you can actually see that....the gadgets seem to be in some kind of 'test-phase'. The buttons are assembled on top of the luxury dashboard in a rather clumsy way. A perfect way of introducing gadgets if I may say so.....The "backfire button" is now officially a "Q-gadget" ;-):
    RP6Gsy.jpg
    yQfOvi.jpg

I have a feeling that the re-imagined S.P.E.C.T.R.E. is not just sinister, mysterious and scary. It IS sinister, mysterious and scary. And I think there's also a connection with the villain Silva from SF. It seems that his.....hacking-work is now being executed by S.P.E.C.T.R.E. in a much much larger scale. Just look at all the people in this picture working in front of a big PC screen. It's kinda....scary no? Perhaps a fate of our human civilization??:
    hjJX7h.jpg

I think we're going to see some more of the mysterious character Doctor Vogel, played by British actress Brigitte Millar. She appears to have a rather important seat in the S.P.E.C.T.R.E.-conference room. Also, her role has never officially been confirmed yet:
    n53tQO.jpg
    kvJoLm.jpg

And lastly, this is a wonderful reference to Sean's white dinner jacket as worn in "Goldfinger". It even has a red rose in it. Great attention to detail from the producers :-):
    5opJQy.jpg
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Nobody mentioned that DC looks really, really good. Better than Skyfall. I just love him in the dinner jacket. Love the references to the old Bondmovies.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Wow.
    Yep the Q Branch has few Aston Martin current & classic models.
    What about Craig in that white dinner jacket?
    I notice the White top tuxedo has return. It look great on Daniel Craig. I am certain the classic Walther PPK, Bond uses through out the movie? Well I like the new SPECTRE Trailer.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2015 Posts: 15,690
    Did they reference the invisible car from DAD or am I imagining things? I think I heard Bond say 'make me disappear' to Q, but I didn't understand the whole exchange.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    What a great trailer, looks like this is going to be a great Bond movie. Roll on October....
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    What a great trailer, looks like this is going to be a great Bond movie. Roll on October....
    Looks good. Will need a better look at it later though Ive watched it twice and people keep talking over it. Can't wait
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 709
    Did they reference the invisible car from DAD

:))

He's saying he wants Q to help him get "off the grid"
    That was a fantastic trailer. Best theatrical trailer of the Craig era, I dare say. As glorious Bond as the previous trailers, especially Skyfall, without giving a lot away. Also dat cinematography :o
    TripAces wrote: »
    Sark wrote: »
    So, strictly from the trailer it appears there's some relationship between
    Madeline Swan and Mr White. His daughter perhaps?

WHo says
    "you can across me so many times, yet you never saw me"

One nitpick. It appears at 1:55
    that they're using the old lame trick of "bullet-proof glass" meaning that bullets literally bounce off without leaving a scratch.
    Denbigh

The fact that the same dubbing actor as Waltz speaks the line in the dubbed versions confirms it's Waltz.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I actually would like to see Calvin Dyson's take on this trailer.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Man, I love the trailer. I LOVE IT!!!
    Anyone notice the cues from OHMSS? And the suit Waltz is wearing? Forget that "it's not really spectre and Blofeld" crap. Unless the trailer is one big cheat, we know what they're going for here.
    I live that brief glimpse of Bautista barreling through a doorway in a three piece soon. He looks like he could be the most memorable henchman in a long time.
    Reaction from the editor-in-chief of James Bond 007 Radio :-P. He's like me....seriously :-D!!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Sark, he better be or that name, "Hinx", is going to get DAD level of mockery all over it right here in the next years.
    @Shardlake. Do you think they were eavesdropping on our conversation last night and had a quick rethink music wise haha! STUNNING!
    @Darthdimi honestly it's not a hard bar to pass. We haven't had a henchman who anyone remember since MayDay.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @Sark, he better be or that name, "Hinx", is going to get DAD level of mockery all over it right here in the next years.

I think Hinx is really menacing, as opposed to, let's say, Stamper from "TND". I don't know what it is.....but I think the slow build-up towards the man we all love with all its gadgets and henchmen, over a course of four Bond films, truly pays off here. It's like....it all feels way more real. And such a different experience as opposed to the Brosnan films.

Just look at these pictures. Hinx is truly scary and sinister. And even the gadgets in this film are still in some kind of...test-phase.

i2EV7o.jpg
    RP6Gsy.jpg
    yQfOvi.jpg

And now please. DANIEL CRAIG MUST STAY!!