Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

The issue is with 007 effectively out of the Video Game console world (for now hopefully but each year I am assuming that it is more and more impossible) I have to find another franchise I can enjoy Hitman and Splinter Cell are those franchises.
    Burnout Paradise Never gets old on Xbox live.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited June 2015 Posts: 4,399
    ALIEN: ISOLATION

Alien_Isolation_zpslqizkovr.jpg

I bought this game and let it sit on my shelf for about 2 months before finally playing it.... and i love it - the game makers did a fantastic job nailing the look and atmosphere of Ridley Scott's original Alien film.. i love that they kept the same dated computer tech and graphics, it really feels like you've been dropped into that world...... but holy hell is it nerve racking to play... i know you can't make too much noise or Mr Xeno will come looking for you, but i learned the hard away that even the littlest amount of noise can sometimes be enough - as i was getting on a transit car (sort of like a small subway car) that can take you from one side of the ship to the other.. well, i mistakenly rushed onto it - i hit the 'go' button, and when i turned around, Mr Xeno got me lol....
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 4,813
    Good lord, you know I actually put my foot down and swore I wouldn't get the Season Pass for Arkham Knight..... and then they throw this curveball at me!! Well played, damnit.

86AE3092-0DF3-473E-B5CA-DDA46C7CE8EF_zpsy9cnatnz.jpg

I mean, I literally CAN'T not have this!! 8-}

*edit.
    I'm getting the damn season pass today and I hate myself.
    Re-played Super Mario Sunshine for probably the 40th or so time in my life - still never gets old. People who ignore this game don't know what they're missing; it's the most open-world Mario ever, all the scenery looks amazing for '02, and the gameplay mechanics are fresh. Glad I own this one.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I too love Super Mario Sunshine, It's my favorite 3D Mario Game. Plus it always feels like summer vacation on Isle Delfino. :) I wish the next big 3D Mario game is more like sunshine instead of the play styles of 3D World, but leave in the multiple characters and you've got a masterpiece on your hands. :D
    Murdock wrote: »
    I too love Super Mario Sunshine, It's my favorite 3D Mario Game. Plus it always feels like summer vacation on Isle Delfino. :) I wish the next big 3D Mario game is more like sunshine instead of the play styles of 3D World, but leave in the multiple characters and you've got a masterpiece on your hands. :D

I agree with 100% of that; despite being the "black sheep" of the series, it's always been my favorite 3D Mario title. The replayability is just incredible.
    FoxRox wrote: »

I agree with 100% of that; despite being the "black sheep" of the series, it's always been my favorite 3D Mario title. The replayability is just incredible.
    I'm hoping Nintendo will make an HD re-release for the Wii-U of sunshine like they did Windwaker.
  • x007AceOfSpadesx007AceOfSpades Sunny Southern California
    Good lord, you know I actually put my foot down and swore I wouldn't get the Season Pass for Arkham Knight..... and then they throw this curveball at me!! Well played, damnit.

86AE3092-0DF3-473E-B5CA-DDA46C7CE8EF_zpsy9cnatnz.jpg

I mean, I literally CAN'T not have this!! 8-}

*edit.
    I'm getting the damn season pass today and I hate myself.
    I was debating whether or not I should pay the extra $40.00 but decided against it since I already spend too much money on games as is. But that is very awesome. I'm hoping that maybe it gets released separately. I would pay a couple bucks for that.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I fired up my X Box and have been playing:

Prisoner Of War
    A challenging game not for those in constant need for action. Patience is the key. Patience and observing the guard movement patterns.

Indiana Jones And The Emperor's Tomb
    Why have there not been more Indiana Jones games?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Farcry 4. Simply amazing. Better than 3 which I thought was amazing as well.

NHL 15- Next gen for the series had some flaws but the gameplay and graphics are extremely realistic. Hopefully for 16, they'll make some improvements.

Madden 15- There is a reason why this is the only NFL game for consoles. It simply cannot be competed, copied with or anything else for that matter.
    Buy Resident Evil Remake HD Remaster. I hear it's an excellent port of the best game in the series, the Gamecube remake of RE1.

Not sure if you've heard yet, but RE2 is now getting the same treatment!! AWESOME

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Buy Resident Evil Remake HD Remaster. I hear it's an excellent port of the best game in the series, the Gamecube remake of RE1.

Not sure if you've heard yet, but RE2 is now getting the same treatment!! AWESOME

I have. On the three Resident Evil forums I'm a member of, I've seen responses run from outright anger at the idea that Capcom would ruin RE2 to hopeful surprise to extreme happiness that one of the best games in the series is finally getting a remake. No two opinions seem to be the same, from what I've noticed. I myself am waiting until a gameplay trailer comes out before I form an opinion.

On the topic of the thread, I've been playing a severely mixed bag recently. I just bought a copy of Dragon Quest VIII a couple weeks ago, so I've been playing that (and some other Dragon Quest games via emulator). Another recent purchase was the PS2 version of the ridiculously sh*tty Superman Returns game. It's sh*t. That is all. And because the wait for Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain is almost up (two more weeks, my friends, two more weeks), I've been playing many Metal Gear games in anticipation. Like I said, severely mixed bag.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've debated picking up the RE1 HD Remaster on the PS4 for some time now, but I remember being horrible at it when I was younger. Granted, that was maybe 15 years ago, but it's a gamble. I don't want to buy it and be completely awful at it and not enjoy myself.
    Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. The first Metroid Prime is one of my all-time favorite games, and even though it's taken me forever to get around to it, I finally started playing the sequel. It's really been a fun experience so far - the Metroid Prime games hold up very well still, and I recommend them to anyone who hasn't played them yet.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I've debated picking up the RE1 HD Remaster on the PS4 for some time now, but I remember being horrible at it when I was younger. Granted, that was maybe 15 years ago, but it's a gamble. I don't want to buy it and be completely awful at it and not enjoy myself.

If your being awful at it rested in the control scheme, there's a new one. I say buy it. It was a damn good game when it came out to begin with, and it's still a damn good game now.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition (PS3)

I decided to buy this edition to get all the on-disc DLC's (I don't use the PSN). As it turns out, EA/Bioware forgot to put one of the DLC packages on the disc. So Getting the platinum will be impossible. However, I am approaching 10 hrs of game play time, with only 16% of the world discovered, and i'm enjoying the experience.
    @MajorDSmythe, I see you're a trophy hunter, as well!
    Very much so. Unfortunately, there aren't as many good games that have offline platinum trophies as I would like. I don't just stick to those games, but I always try to keep an eye out for offline platinum games.
    Very much so. Unfortunately, there aren't as many good games that have offline platinum trophies as I would like. I don't just stick to those games, but I always try to keep an eye out for offline platinum games.

I used to be a huge achievement hunter back on my 360 - had 84,000 gamerscore before I moved on to the PS3 and then the PS4 - but I still go for trophies when I can. I don't care for the trophy layout as much as the achievement layout, but if I love a game enough, I try to get as many as possible.
    The remake of Resident Evil 1 is an absolute masterpiece. Sure the tank controls aren't perfect but it adds to the suspense and terror. I hope the Resident Evil 2 remake is in the same league.
    The remake of Resident Evil 1 is an absolute masterpiece. Sure the tank controls aren't perfect but it adds to the suspense and terror. I hope the Resident Evil 2 remake is in the same league.

I'm one of those freaks who never minded the tank controls. But, yes, I want a fantastic RE2 remake. (And apparently I've typed "RE2 remake" enough that my phone is automatically suggesting "remake" after "RE2".)

I'm one of those freaks who never minded the tank controls. But, yes, I want a fantastic RE2 remake. (And apparently I've typed "RE2 remake" enough that my phone is automatically suggesting "remake" after "RE2".)
    Me too. The controls made it unique. I just hope the remake is in the style of Remake and RE0 and not like RE4. Fixed camera and tank controls all the way. \m/

I hope that if it does well, RE3 will get the same treatment. That would really be a nightmare. RE3 was the scariest for me with Nemesis chasing you all around.
    I suggest you pay a visit to Project Umbrella. It's an awesome RE website.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i have been playing the hell out of Arkham Knight since i bought it.... up to 96% game completion - just have those annoying Riddler trophies (and Riddler himself) left..
    HASEROT wrote: »
    i have been playing the hell out of Arkham Knight since i bought it.... up to 96% game completion - just have those annoying Riddler trophies (and Riddler himself) left..

I planned on wrapping up the Riddler trophies (and Riddler himself - only had 50-55 trophies left to collect) and following it up with beating the game on Nightmare difficulty, but I suppose I played it way too much since I first put the disc in, so I got real burnt out on it and haven't returned to it for a few weeks now.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    HASEROT wrote: »

I planned on wrapping up the Riddler trophies (and Riddler himself - only had 50-55 trophies left to collect) and following it up with beating the game on Nightmare difficulty, but I suppose I played it way too much since I first put the disc in, so I got real burnt out on it and haven't returned to it for a few weeks now.

lol i hear ya... i still have some of the DLC to play through as well... but i figured i'd finish the main game, then let it rest for a little while..... i still need to jump back into Alien: Isolation and beat that - that game gives me heart palpitations lol..
    @haserot, I've really been wanting to play that, as well! I'll probably try and pick it up on Black Friday this year, I'm assuming it'll drop down to $15-20 (hopefully).
    Anyone know when the 1989 skin is getting released? I just got back from vacation and kind of thought I'd see it by now >:(

I did hear some news about the 89 car though- not all of it good. People were wondering if it would have a 'battle mode' and how it would look... it seemed as though the only way to drive it was on those bonus tracks, which obviously sucks.

Well, here's the deal. Apparently you can drive it in the main game, but it has no battle mode at all. So basically you can't really drive it (and do any good with it) until you beat the game.

Oh well. But I'm currently at 45% so I'll at least use the hell out of the Keaton skin!
    @Master_Dahark, apparently, it was just released tonight as part of that DLC pack with some new AR challenges. I'm not sure if that's for season pass holders or not, though.