Theories on Lucia Sciarra

claralisclaralis Rio de Janeiro
in SPECTRE Posts: 6
I haven't read any spoilers or the leaked scripts so I have no idea what Bond's relationship with Lucia Sciarra (Monica Bellucci) will be like. I've read some comments throughout the internet that Bond will run into a past love/friend who comforted him after the death of his parents. Many people seem to think it's Seydoux's character but I'm starting to think that it could be Lucia, since they are closer in age.
I know people are also very opinionated on Bellucci's looks, age and quality of acting but from the few films I've seen with her, I find her to be very good. A bit too sexual for American standards but pretty good. :)

So, what are your thoughts on the actress and the character she'll be playing? What are your hopes/theories?

Comments

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    I think she's bait. I think by getting involved it's to pull Bond in to trap. Not read script either. Avoiding it like the plague.
  • claralisclaralis Rio de Janeiro
    I think she's bait. I think by getting involved it's to pull Bond in to trap. Not read script either. Avoiding it like the plague.

Sort of like Vesper?
    claralis wrote: »

Sort of like Vesper?

Yes, but more sinister. As Vespers intention along was to use Bond to steal the money to give to Qauntum believing her BF to have been held hostage. I believe Lucia will be more of a temptress possibly even a female Spectre agent.

• claralisclaralis Rio de Janeiro
    I may be biased but I was hoping Lucia would be more than that. Since it's so special that we get a more mature Bond Girl, it would be disappointing if she had very little importance and appearances in the film.
    My theory(ies), deduced from what has been made public: 1)she is the wife of a man who is a leader of SPECTRE, a crypto-Largo if you will. 2)Bond makes her a widow. 3)he goes to her husband's funerals to investigate further, 3) Bond becomes her lover to get closer to the truth.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 1,068
    I'm spoiler free so happy to just wildly speculate on the crumbs of information gleaned with no fears about spoiling my first viewing of SP! :D

Isn't Scarria, her husband, a hitman or is that another ponytailed Mexican fella? Whether he's trying to bump Bond off or someone Bond is with is a moot point but DC ends up chasing someone, all of which I understand kicks off in the PTS. We see Lucia S at a funeral in widow garb and deduce the bits left of her dearly departed are being entombed. I'm not too sure where the SPECTRE ring appears from, the corpse or the widow but that then sends Bond on his travels to delve into the layers of deceit! :D

I can see Bond aiming to take advantage of her vulnerable state to flesh in more of the background story to her husband. That is of course if she had a any interest in him and even whether the marriage is a sham and only for the sake of appearances? It would be a bit direct and predictable so it would be nice if there was some intense narrative between her and Bond. It would be far more believable too if it was more than a "hello dear, don't cry, here let me bed you because I'm James Bond" kind of storyline, and her in her widow's black dress too etc etc".
  • KillmasterKillmaster Roanoke, Virginia USA
    I certainly hope she's not a throw-away character like either Paris Carver or Solange and actually has an important part to play besides being just a Bond bedmate. Maybe it's because I'm on the downside of 50, but to me Monica Belluci is an incredibly beautiful, mature woman, so very unlike some of the Bond "girls" we've seen in the past, predominantly in the Roger Moore era. As for her acting ability, I can only point to "Tears of the Sun".
    edited June 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Not read the script but I reckon but here is my opinion on what I believe will be her carachter
    Bond kills her husband in Mexico, then does that thing where he makes her think he is hunting the man who killed her husband to gain her trust, all the time she thinks Bond is on her side and keeping her safe because "she might be next" Bond is using her to infiltrate the organisation he will later discover to be Spectre. Its upon attending her husband funeral in Rome this how he befriends her, we have seen pictures of what appears to be Waltz from the Back in funeral scenes in Rome and is likely why Bond decides to use the poor grieving widow to find out more about the shadowy figures who turn up at the funeral. But I reckon she knows all along and she sets him up. OR what about this for a twist Bond knows of a Sciarra and kills the husband, when it turns out in the end it was actually the wife Lucia who is ring leader
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 1,068
    Double post
    Oops. Quoted rather than edited old post!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ludovico wrote: »
    My theory(ies), deduced from what has been made public: 1)she is the wife of a man who is a leader of SPECTRE, a crypto-Largo if you will. 2)Bond makes her a widow. 3)he goes to her husband's funerals to investigate further, 3) Bond becomes her lover to get closer to the truth.

You pretty much nailed it.
    Wow yes I did! I should try to make more predictions like this one.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm not entirely convinced Bond and Lucia had sex.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Air sex?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

How about this Saturday's National Lottery numbers? ;)
    Dragonpol wrote: »

O made my predictions based on evidence available though. No such resources for the lottery.

Oh and on a side note I don't think Bond needed to have sex with Lucia to get the information he needed but why take the chance.

O made my predictions based on evidence available though. No such resources for the lottery.

Oh and on a side note I don't think Bond needed to have sex with Lucia to get the information he needed but why take the chance.

It was my little joke about the Lottery of course. You are quite correct - it's a mug's game really. The National Lottery? Need I say more!
    It's a disguised tax. Maybe I should try to bet on the next James Bond.

Yes, and I believe that Gordon Brown raided National Lottery money that was earmarked for the Good Causes when he was PM, so the system is open to abuse, however well intentioned it may have been initially.

Yes, and I believe that Gordon Brown raided National Lottery money that was earmarked for the Good Causes when he was PM, so the system is open to abuse, however well intentioned it may have been initially.

It's off topic, but what I don't like about the lottery is that it's an addictive substance for many. So basically it's like having a tax that IS the drug you're taxing. And I find that twisted.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    If she returns I hope they will pronounce her name right this time.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Was that pronounced Skiarra or Siarra?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    It's "Sharra".
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Walecs wrote: »
    It's "Sharra".

Exactly, with an Italian in the role, I wonder how they got that wrong.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    It's "Sharra".

People pronounce my name wrong at work and it took my wife a month to get it right. I wouldn't expect any native English speaker to automatically get the name right as long as the Italian actress playing the character pronounces it properly.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 8,688
    I'm not sure if Monica Bellucci even pronounces her character's name. But the (obviously Italian) priest at the funeral of Lucia's husband clearly says "Ski-arra". For that it would have to be spelled Schiarra, not Sciarra.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 17,804
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    It's "Sharra".

I suppose that it's much the same thing as "Sir Havelock" in FYEO. Careless mistakes from (in that case) American writers.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Or the famous "sheriff" having (correctly) his own "parish" but belonging to the Louisiana State Police... also a careless mistake by an American writer? But I digress.
  • anyoneanyone Scotland
    If you check out the name online for its meaning it will come up with the spelling from the film - Sciarra, so it is correct. It means 'quarrel' or 'quarrelsome, argument' that type of thing. Of course we can surmise its not really Lucia's second name but it helps symbolically. She's Bond's feminine aspect or as Jung would have it - his 'anima'. This is why the character had to be Bond's age or thereabouts. Basically cos it IS Bond!
    She must be likely to return in the next movie as she's that important.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    anyone wrote: »
    If you check out the name online for its meaning it will come up with the spelling from the film - Sciarra, so it is correct. It means 'quarrel' or 'quarrelsome, argument' that type of thing. Of course we can surmise its not really Lucia's second name but it helps symbolically. She's Bond's feminine aspect or as Jung would have it - his 'anima'. This is why the character had to be Bond's age or thereabouts. Basically cos it IS Bond!
    She must be likely to return in the next movie as she's that important.

Huh?