SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited May 2015 Posts: 14,824
    Adele did not do the best Bond theme, but she did the best, or at least the most acclaimed in the last few years. The latest one you mention is MR and that was about 35 years ago!

I love CR's YKMN, but let's face it, it was not as unanimously praised as Adele's theme was.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I really hope it isn't Adele again SF is OK and great on the titles but the best Bond theme yet? I suggest you get your ears syringed when you have the likes of Barry & Nancy on the sublime YOLT or Barry & Bassey on DAF.
    Assuming that this was aimed at me, I'm entitled to my opinions. Skyfall is my personal favorite main title song and I think it's one of the best. YOLT and DAF are good but not as good as Skyfall.

Murdock wrote: »
    I really hope it isn't Adele again SF is OK and great on the titles but the best Bond theme yet? I suggest you get your ears syringed when you have the likes of Barry & Nancy on the sublime YOLT or Barry & Bassey on DAF.
    Assuming that this was aimed at me, I'm entitled to my opinions. Skyfall is my personal favorite main title song and I think it's one of the best. YOLT and DAF are good but not as good as Skyfall.

And even if they are considered better... They were done a long time ago. We may have Dame Shirley Bassey for the Bond song, but that is very unlikely. More likely that it is a contemporary artist and since Adele's song was praised like none since... since when? Anyway, there is a fair chance that it will be her again.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    CGW6r2JWwAAuTjg.jpg

CGW6r3DWsAE5xUO.jpg

CGW6r4LWQAAZLXF.jpg
    Ludovico wrote: »
    And even if they are considered better... They were done a long time ago. We may have Dame Shirley Bassey for the Bond song, but that is very unlikely. More likely that it is a contemporary artist and since Adele's song was praised like none since... since when? Anyway, there is a fair chance that it will be her again.

And she is returning, I couldn't be happier. :)
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Are those fantasy flags lining the road? Have they been put up for filming?
    aaron819 wrote: »
    In a special documentary at Pienwood James Bond will be featured.

Tune in at 9pm - 10:30pm on Saturday 6 June on BBC TWO.

Here is the description for the James Bond part of the documentary:

But of course no tour of Pinewood would be complete without a 007 moment; Jonathan is joined by the woman who keeps Bond in check, Miss Moneypenny herself Naomie Harris, before sneaking on the set of the latest Bond instalment SPECTRE, to meet the man behind the myth, executive producer Michael J Wilson.

Thanks for the heads up on this Aaron819! I will certainly tune in to that! I know Jonathan Ross loves Bond and he would always do a Bond special when he use to do the BBC's Film movie review show years ago. You may want to post this on the TV Alerts thread too!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Any chance us in North America can see it?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

And she is returning, I couldn't be happier. :)

It's entirely down to the success and the exposure using Adele again would get, from a business point of view kudos to BB for vetoing Craig and Mendes wanting something with attitude.

Though from a creative point of view it's tired and tested and loads more artists and groups would have been a much better match to that title, I just don't see her making a sinister dark song with attitude which is what this needs.

If she brings something like Set Fire To Rain with her maybe but a low tempo song that only lives within the confines of the credits, I hope she sees something like that isn't going to cut it this time.

zebrafish wrote: »
    Are those fantasy flags lining the road? Have they been put up for filming?

We don't know if she is returning or not at the moment, and it may only be a rumor, but we know Craig wants her back.
  • RC7RC7

Love you mate, genuinely, but YOLT and DAF are head and
    shoulders above SF.
    RC7 wrote: »

Love you mate, genuinely, but YOLT and DAF are head and
    shoulders above SF.

That's your opinion and your entitled to it mate. ;)
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    They are filming at Trafalgar Square:

CGXUOkGWoAE9WZ4.jpg
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    I really have no clues of what they're filming
    jake24 wrote: »
    CGW6r2JWwAAuTjg.jpg

This picture is very revealing though. Perhaps even spoiler-ish. Look at the international (mainly African) flags. This could mean that some kind of international summit is being staged in "SPECTRE", similar to, for example, the G8.
    CGW6r2JWwAAuTjg.jpg

This picture is very revealing though. Perhaps even spoiler-ish. Look at the international (mainly African) flags. This could mean that some kind of international summit is being staged in "SPECTRE", similar to, for example, the G8.

In London, many different flags somewhere, nothing particularly exceptional about it.
    CGW6r2JWwAAuTjg.jpg

In London, many different flags somewhere, nothing particularly exceptional about it.

You are certain?
    CGW6r2JWwAAuTjg.jpg

You are certain?

Yes - at the Mall where this photo was taken, there are flags of all Commonwealth countries.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I hope all this stuff actually makes it into the final film and not left on the cutting room floor.
    CGW6r2JWwAAuTjg.jpg

CGW6r3DWsAE5xUO.jpg

CGW6r4LWQAAZLXF.jpg

What in earth is that skirted box section on the back of the Merc camera car for? Is it intended to stop any road debris lifting up off the camera car and flying into view of the camera?

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    37 year old Daniel Craig?
    Guys, the flags mean nothing. They were filming on the street behind the Foreign and Commonwealth Office - so they were Commonwealth (including African) flags. Nothing special I'm afraid.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    37 year old Daniel Craig?
    I laughed when I saw that.
    I went to Admiralty Arch this morning. Still cranes, equipment and a few vehicles around. The security I asked said they'd be more filming there this evening.
    slyfox wrote: »
    I went to Admiralty Arch this morning. Still cranes, equipment and a few vehicles around. The security I asked said they'd be more filming there this evening.

Hey, any idea on time? If it's not as late as it was last night I might drop by
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited June 2015 Posts: 560
    thanks for the new pictures \m/
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 11
    The sneak peaks we've seen so far of DC's outfits are absolutely stunning imo. His shoes in de latest London pics reminded me of the ones that Steve McQueen sported in Bullitt.tumblr_n291dcoWRQ1rf1jvro1_1280.jpg